• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic comps

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ not sure Manawatu etc could afford it & can't see Otago agreeing to it (let alone NZR wrt the impact on Clan's viability) but it's not a bad starting point.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Wonderful game by Akira today for Auckland. Best game he has played for a long time. He really rolled the sleeves up.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I actually wonder if there is a potential solution here which incorporates our lack of a 3rd tier in AU. I don't know what that is - it could be Aussie teams sending players over and covering their wages, or it could be incorporating the Australian Super 'B' teams as follows:

Premiership:
Brumbies B, Reds B, Waratahs B, Auckland, Wellington, Canterbury, Tasman, Waikato, Taranaki, Hawke's Bay

Championship:
Force B, Rebels B, Drua B, Northland, Manawatu, Southland, Otago, Waikato, BOP, Counties
Don't mind the idea in principle, but would then get into extra costs fro travel etc. Oh and Drua aren't really an Aussie team, but even with 18 of their number in Fiji team, and a few playing in NPC already may cause a problem or 2. But as I say in general would be keen on the Rugby boards finding a way for it to work.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ 5/6 results were up on Czech site 25 minutes ago (incl, sadly, 'nua 28-48 West Coast. Even Lochore Cup starting to look a bit of a stretch :() c.f. none on the NZR-backed one. Not really good enough IMO.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Geez I hope this is Mako getting their shit game out of the way ahead of the Shield challenge on Wednesday. Looking very 2022 (three wins from 10 IIRC) ATM.

Edit: that said it's Super Sid's 80th so I'm not gonna begrudge the Taniwha if they wanna celebrate that Going styles.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ 5/6 results were up on Czech site 25 minutes ago (incl, sadly, 'nua 28-48 West Coast. Even Lochore Cup starting to look a bit of a stretch :() c.f. none on the NZR-backed one. Not really good enough IMO.

Monday morning & provincial.rugby still only showing half the results & of course the Standings don't take the other results into account.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Monday morning & provincial.rugby still only showing half the results & of course the Standings don't take the other results into account.
Did you watch the Waikato/Naki game yesterday WOB?? I am bloody happy with result, but the thing that struck me is how good Tupaea was when he came on in second half, only second bit of a game this year and looked so composed and carried etc so well.
Afraid while I watching it I was swearing at Swain for his dog act that put him out for so long!!!:mad:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
How is it that a Czech sports betting site has Heartland results up before the NZR-enforsed official site?
Hey just remembered this WOB, mate in Aus was saying there a programme on tv about these betting agencies, actually pay people to stand on sidelines and put through info to them. They have them sitting at schoolboy cricket matches in Aus etc. So prehaps it wasn't as far fteched as I thought.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ pretty sure that if NZR bothered to ask they'd find people sideline at Heartland games for than happy to provide scores for free...

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ pretty sure that if NZR bothered to ask they'd find people sideline at Heartland games for than happy to provide scores for free...
Well I think they go through as they score anyway WOB, I can watch 3rd Div in the Naki and on a lot of games I can get scores on phone as they happen. On the Czech site they probably just hacking the accounts of managers or whoever does input and puts them up so people can bet again. I not sure I too worried if I don't get updates as they come through live, but really most of what I saying here is guess work on it. But I assume betting sites need to be instant as possible for money reasons.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
So Wellington see off Tasman 7-0 in Shield game. Was a pretty tough match with 2 teams playing second game of week. Not a lot of flowing stuff , but good arm wrestle (like a lot of shield games) and I enjoyed it.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Proper Shield match, that. Can't afford to be missing from in front at 0-0 & 0-7, nor losing over half your lineouts. Also didn't help that in just about every wide shot there seemed to be a Mako receiving treatment :(

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez WOB both teams will struggle in this weekend's game, I already got Canterbury in my picks, and will have to check who I put in Tasman game. I thought at 60 minute mark both teams were absolutely shot!! Storm week with Shield game as middle one is bloody tough! Have to say I thought the Lion's loosies looked bloody good, and that young kid Ropeti that came on as replacement looks promising. He looked good on weekend too, he just out of school etc.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Wow, a buckethead finally worked out how to give their bucket a brim! Gotta be a Massey engineering student :)
Good to see higher education paying off huh WOB?
Have to say I pleased for the Tu to finally crack a win, and with the odds and evens we miss the normal bottom dweller game between them and Southland!