• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ v Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
that was fucking pathetic. we got lucky with that. we had nothing nothing in attack.
Matt Giteau you are now the most overrated player in Australian rugby!
my god that was terrible

G

GC

It's easier to name those on the field who weren't absolute shit:

Burgess
Smith
Barnes
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Rocky
Fat Cat

The rest were a joke. Shameful performance.

Am now I'm in trouble with the missus for excess swearwords in the last 79 minutes of the game.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I didn't swear, mainly because Kaplan was good. We were bad. Oh and my 6 month old is asleep so I can't yell.

I might explode soon though.....

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
thought burgess wasn't great. lots of shit passes still but that break me made was a least something.

Rocky
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Smith
Fat Cat

S

Spook

Burgess was better but still not of an international standard. Giteau...absolultely shit house kicking performance in general play. Turner got constantly skinned by Sivivatu. In fact, Turner offers absolutely nothing in attack and is dodgy in defense. At least Mitchell has a crack and creates opportunities. Hynes should be rushed back in. Thought Sharpe played well. Palu should come back in especially now that Rocky is back in the backrow.

Overall, terrible and NZ deserved it.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'm no convinved the wallabies have forgotten how to play 'rugby'.

Drew bloody Mitchell you lost us that test.

Gits isn't the 10 we need. He won't win us the RWC.

Bye bye Brownie too.

15 JOC (James O'Connor)
14 Hynes
13 Cross
12 Giteau
11 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
10 Berrick
9 Genia
8 Smith
7 Pocock/Waugh
6 Rocky
5 Mumm
4 Horwill
3 Alexander
2 TPN
1 Fat Cat

We looked leaderless tonight. We need more on the field.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I didn't think Burgess was that great at all. I think he is a very poor decision maker and was slow getting the ball out most of the match...albiet a good defender.

We have lost 3 in a row now, time to start Genia as there is nothing to lose (WE HAVE ALREADY LOST BOTH BLEDISLOE AND TRI-NATIONS!)

Drew Mitchell played pretty well for most of the match except the last 20minutes where he obviously fucked up.

Australia's running game has got to come back, I think we have lost that under Deans and we are clearly suffering for it. We fuck around too much doing useless kicks back to guys like Mils and Carter.

Some times when some of our players get the ball, they look like they have fucking no idea what to do with it! Just play some fucking rugby

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Matt Giteau you are now the most overrated player in Australian rugby!
my god that was terrible

Agreed.

These blokes know how to lose they've made an artform of it.

We are the shittest general play kickers in world rugby.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Ok, a few thoughts:

1. Our organisation seemed to go to shit once Barnes was off, both in attack and in defense. Partly understandable when you have a part time wing, part time fullback part time 13 fill in at IC. The preferable option may have been to move O'Connor to 12.

2. Giteau has now played 3 very average games in a row for the wallabies. He has one good run per game, and his goal kicking is good that is all he is doing at the moment. Burgess had a good game so Giteau has no where to hide - if Barnes was healthy I'd have him at 10 in the next game with Gits on the bench or at 12.

3. It is a mystery to me why we keep getting dominated at the ruck in the second half of games vs the All Blacks. Surely someone in the brains trust can work out why?

4. Brown should not play for the Wallabies again this year. I'd prefer to see someone play there out of position (if it comes to that) than him.

C

chriscullen

Too many chickens running around headless. Mind you for that last dropped pass(elsom?) the result could of been different and we all would be saying Wallabies were courageous not dickheads. McCaw wispering in kaplans ear at halftime was the clincher.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Didn't Barnes go off injured against the All Blacks in NZ as well where we then lost the game? Barnes seems to be such a crucial player for the Wallabies. Our campaign last year went to shit after he had to withdraw from the competition. Likewise with the game against Italy in Italy on the EOYT where he was dominating the game in the first 5minutes then got injured and we struggled to play for the rest of the game.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
As an aside I thought it was quite funny how Greg Martin mentioned that running rugby was back (or something similar) in his interview with Richie McCaw. He obviously didn't watch most of the second half where the All Blacks must have put up at least 10 up and unders. Sometimes 3 or 4 in a row.

G

GC

Noddy said:
I'm no convinved the wallabies have forgotten how to play 'rugby'.

Drew bloody Mitchell you lost us that test.

Gits isn't the 10 we need. He won't win us the RWC.

Bye bye Brownie too.

15 JOC (James O'Connor)
14 Hynes
13 Cross
12 Giteau
11 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
10 Berrick
9 Genia
8 Smith
7 Pocock/Waugh
6 Rocky
5 Mumm
4 Horwill
3 Alexander
2 TPN
1 Fat Cat

We looked leaderless tonight. We need more on the field.

Agree with that team except for Cross. Keep AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at centre. There must be another decent winger out there. Cummins?

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Reddy! said:
Didn't Barnes go off injured against the All Blacks in NZ as well where we then lost the game? Barnes seems to be such a crucial player for the Wallabies. Our campaign last year went to shit after he had to withdraw from the competition. Likewise with the game against Italy in Italy on the EOYT where he was dominating the game in the first 5minutes then got injured and we struggled to play for the rest of the game.

It is almost like the players around him rely on his organisation too much, and forget how to do it themselves when he goes off.

C

chriscullen

Baxter was terrible, his career is over. He only lasted 30 mins.

C

chriscullen

who got Man of Match? I missed that, probably because 7 and foxsports have a 30 second review of the game before they end coverage.

G

GC

chriscullen said:
who got Man of Match? I missed that, probably because 7 and foxsports have a 30 second review of the game before they end coverage.

Sharpe.

What a joke.

C

chriscullen

Really he wasnt in my top 3. I guess that means he has a free pass to be a starter next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.