• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Off field Wallaby videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
I have mixed feelings about the videos being posted elsewhere (rugby.com.au & chasing the glory) that follow the wallabies off the field.

When I first watched some of them, it was just after the Scotland game and I felt like throwing my laptop out the window with anger. Just maybe if they had have been training, or at least practising their kicking, instead of wasting time serving up this crap, just maybe we might have actually won versus Ireland and Scotland. Post game interviews fine, win or loose, but not some of this “Footy Show” type diarrhoea.

Then with time passed, and after the Cardiff win, a second viewing made me realise that they are just humans (although highly paid) passing the time between games and training sessions, and actually the point of airing the videos for all to see is to expose the wallabies to the general public in a bid to increase the fan base which could only be a good thing. And it gives us the opportunity to call them dickheads although we are just jealous they are getting paid so much for doing something they love.

Cardiff dressing room with Matt To'omua trying to sing the national anthem with a broken jaw is a highlight (poor guy), and in JOCs video seeing that one of the Pac Islander wallabies (can’t remember who it was) named his son Campese.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Paris Tah said:
...in JOCs video seeing that one of the Pac Islander Wallabies (can’t remember who it was) named his son Campese.

Salesi Ma'afu's younger brother. Played for Wests Juniors and now the Pirates. When Salesi was available this year we had two Ma'afu props at the Pirates.

Bit gay naming the poor kid after a back.

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
What pissed me off most with the videos, is the amount of shit everyone gives giteau. He's meant to be one of the more experienced players yet commands absolutely no respect at all. It's no wonder he was passed over for a captaincy role.

If gits was to harden up, grow a pair and not let the likes of mitchell openly rag him, the wallabies would be all the better for it.

S

Spook

cheezel said:
What pissed me off most with the videos, is the amount of shit everyone gives giteau. He's meant to be one of the more experienced players yet commands absolutely no respect at all. It's no wonder he was passed over for a captaincy role.

If gits was to harden up, grow a pair and not let the likes of mitchell openly rag him, the wallabies would be all the better for it.

That's a bit much. They are good mates. As for talk about hardening up, do you think a bloke of that size who has never shirked a tackle is a coward?

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
I do understand that they're mates having a laugh, but calling one of our best (?) and most experienced player dumb for all to see is poor work.

S

Spook

Sorry Cheez, I think you being grossly unfair. It's a bit of banter.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
I see your point Spook, but I don't see anyone (close mate or not) giving Stirlo or George shit.

Great quote from AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

Interviewer: "Would you like to play 13?"

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper): "Only if Stirlo let me"

There are officers, and there are soldiers.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
my only problem with the videos is they arnt on commercial tv letting people actually get to know the wallaby names and faces so they can attract more fans!

Henry

Bill Watson (15)
Spook said:
cheezel said:

That's a bit much. They are good mates. As for talk about hardening up, do you think a bloke of that size who has never shirked a tackle is a coward?

Thumbs up

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
I can see I'm in a bit of losing battle here. I probably shouldn't have said "grow a pair" as I meant it more off the field and leadership qualities rather than on the field. My apologies for an overstatement on my half.

I'm a big fan of gits, it just took me by surprise the way his teammates talked to him and about him.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Henry said:
Spook said:
cheezel said:

Thumbs up

Or the Reverse Hopoate, as it's know these days...

S

Spook

cheezel said:
I can see I'm in a bit of losing battle here. I probably shouldn't have said "grow a pair" as I meant it more off the field and leadership qualities rather than on the field. My apologies for an overstatement on my half.

I'm a big fan of gits, it just took me by surprise the way his teammates talked to him and about him.

I actually thought you had the crowd on your side Cheez :nta: :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.