• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

OK Wablies, now its your turn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
The Tri Nations now half way and a important stage. The next one is in Sydney between your lot. I will relax and eager watching the way this one goes. From a Springbok angle (my head) its all important that the Wallabies win this one. Myself think you lot have more then players names or abilities to win this one. Its more short in the head that have to be rectify. Thats the one that need more then a weeks work. I also think Deans (I always rate him as a coach) will work and get that one going. If you lot win this one, our lot can settle the 3 Nations in Perth, IF we beat you there. If you slip in Sydney we'll have to go to Waikatoland to settle the deal. If the All Blacks beat you lot in Sydney, that will make you easier pray in Perth. You'd be low in confidense and the Bokke will be sky high. So either way, for me its head Wallabies and heart All Blacks.

We say in Boer, its your turn to pack out some guts, its win or bust.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I think the pressure is equally on the ABs. The interesting thing is that I dont think either team handles pressure that well. Carter may make a difference but I'm not sure the ABs have the quality across the field they have had in the past. In particular, I think 9 and 12-15 are looking average.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
It's interesting how a mildly disappointing but understandable season thus far would go completely to shit on this one game.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The only issue I have with Deans so far is his insistence on not sending enough forwards to the breakdown.

Until we do that we will continue lose.

Bob Dwyer said it best in the latest ruggamatrix, it is no use setting up the next attack until you have won the ball at the current breakdown

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yep very simple lose in Sydney, Perth or Brisbane & it's bye bye Bledisloe & Tri-Nations.

And another sorry season down the drain.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
With Smith getting the captaincy I doubt Waugh will get a run, though my preference would definately be to have him on the bench to provide impact towards the end

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
it's really time for the wabs to step up. it'sreally not good enough anymore. these guy get paid fair to much money to play like arse all the time. i for one am getting fucking sick of it.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Look like the Wallabies have SA's backing for saturday
SARugby.com
The Springboks will be hoping that the Wallabies can see of the challenge of the All Blacks in their Bledisloe Cup and Tri-Nations clash in Sydney on Saturday.

After four Tri-Nations games all the wins have gone to the home sides and the Boks will be hoping that the All Blacks don't put their noses in front - albeit by a narrow margin - by pulling off an away win this weekend.

Away wins in the Tri-Nations have always been a valuable commodity and the All Blacks, despite their two losses in South Africa, will fancy themselves to go on and retain the Tri-Nations should they gain the upper hand on Saturday.

SANZAR's bizarre decision to unbalance the competition by expanding the Tri-Nations into an uneven mix of away games and home games means that the Boks will by no means be out of the running should the Wallabies falter at home. The All Blacks, however, will have done what no other side has done - and what the Boks will still need to accomplish - if they can turn around their two match losing streak. They will head back across the Tasman knowing that they have two home games to close out the competition.

The lack of bonus points in the competition thus far (Australia are the only side to register a bonus point in the four games) means that things are desperately tight heading into the business end of the competition. The last time the Springboks won the Tri-Nations back in 2004 they failed to win a game overseas, but their two losing bonus points put them into a good position for the home leg. While the Boks have won handsomely in their first three games and denied the opposition losing bonus points in the process they have also failed to rack up four try bonus points and have thereby left the competition more open than they would have liked.

A win for the Wallabies would leave the All Blacks without an away win in the competition and make them unlikely winners as they would require two home wins and rely on other results and bonus points to see them have any chance. An away win would move them into a strong position with the Springboks still needing to secure at least one away win to put themselves in the running. A loss for the Wallabies would make them highly unlikely winners at this stage with two home games against South Africa and an away game in New Zealand still to come.

While the result on Saturday is far from vital for the Springboks they would still prefer their two rivals to cancel each other out with one home win a piece leaving the field wide open for them to swoop home on the away leg and win the tournament with one or two wins on their away leg.

Throw a Bledisloe Cup encounter into the battle for Tri-Nations survival and you have a high-octane encounter waiting to catch alight this weekend. While New Zealand are in an unfamiliar position of having to fight for their lives in the competition, a large number of South African fans will also find themselves in the unfamiliar position of cheering for an Australian win.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Now its getting worse. Havent watch the test and dont tend to. Perth and the Bokke :nta: Never was the time better for the Bokke to bash you lot at home and thats where the danger of it come into play. Our lotte have to keep their feet on the ground, work hard and now have to win at least 2 out of 3 away tests to win this 3 Nation Cup.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
PaarlBok said:
Now its getting worse. Havent watch the test and dont tend to. Perth and the Bokke :nta: Never was the time better for the Bokke to bash you lot at home and thats where the danger of it come into play. Our lotte have to keep their feet on the ground, work hard and now have to win at least 2 out of 3 away tests to win this 3 Nation Cup.

I think the result was bad for us in two ways. One on the points table and two the Wallabies will be hurting and are likely to bounce back.

Status
Not open for further replies.