• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Old Wallaby Jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
G'day

Short time reader, first time poster.

I am quite a collector of Rugby Jersey's. I am on the lookout for older wallaby jerseys. I am just wondering where or who i could contact for something like this.

Cheers

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Welcome to the forum EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7 or you with the long name. I would try ebay also.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
unfortunately I have no clue, it is one set of jerseys I would like to add to my collection too, which still manage to allude me, they really should bring out a classic jersey line.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
oh but also I'm in the process of vectorising the old wallabies logo so if we find jerseys which match the old kind, then I can get it embroidered on the jersey where its supposed to be.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
cant help you with the jerseys but awesome name!

Ta mate, aint it the truth.

Yeah im particularly after an old Adidas type from the Alan Jones coaching era. I do remember Campo having a sook in the 90's about how every man and his dog could get a hold of a jersey. Does anyone know if they were something you could buy back then?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member

Yeah im particularly after an old Adidas type from the Alan Jones coaching era. I do remember Campo having a sook in the 90's about how every man and his dog could get a hold of a jersey. Does anyone know if they were something you could buy back then?
Did Campo really say that? Seems strange he'd go on to open a shop selling wallabies jerseys, amongst other things

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
Did Campo really say that? Seems strange he'd go on to open a shop selling wallabies jerseys, amongst other things

Yeah i know what you mean i thought that was funny too. It was in the context that every man and his dog could get a hold of a wallabies jersey and that it devalued the jersey. This was said some time ago.

HG

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Yeah i know what you mean i thought that was funny too. It was in the context that every man and his dog could get a hold of a wallabies jersey and that it devalued the jersey. This was said some time ago.

Some would argue that he devalued the jumper every time he put it on.
(I am not one)

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
oh but also I'm in the process of vectorising the old wallabies logo so if we find jerseys which match the old kind, then I can get it embroidered on the jersey where its supposed to be.

of all places, I found old style Wallaby jerseys in Kmart, but the logo was wrong. You may be able to knock out a set of knock offs. If you do, I'll take one in XXXXL

R

rugbypete

I have a "Classic Wallabies " jersey worn by the 2003 Classic Wallabies who made the final in Bermuda. It is framed and signed by the team together with a team photo. The jersey is the old cotton classic style, not the tight bizarre material they use now, have been tempted to take it out, wash it and wear it . Anyway have to sell if interested .

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

For a long time Wallaby Jerseys just weren't sold to supporters, there was only the teams gear. For a while even the socks were different between Wallaby tourists and test players.

It is one of the reasons I have not really wanted to buy one for myself

Status
Not open for further replies.