• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Oz 2020 team

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
That is very worrying. White cannot bowl (how he was touted as Shane Warne's replacement is beyond me. His leggies are terrible) and he is pretty unreliable with the bat. Has he ever scored a 50?

Obviously the selectors/Ponting must like him, because he doesn't deserve to be there on performance.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Warner and Haddin have failed already. Warner probably needs to head back to state cricket and develop his shot selection. Getting some first class time should help.

Vettori revealed, when asked, how to stop Warner: bowl straight and he can't score off of it and will do something silly. 2 balls later and Warner hits a low flat shot down Vettori's throat

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I'd like to applaud the selection of Henriques. Pick a young out of form batsman and expect him to come in and instantly hit the ball. He comes in, barely makes contact and stands around like an idiot and gets run out. Joke of a selection.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Ash said:
I'd like to applaud the selection of Henriques. Pick a young out of form batsman and expect him to come in and instantly hit the ball. He comes in, barely makes contact and stands around like an idiot and gets run out. Joke of a selection.

That's a bit harsh, the run was never on and it really wasn't his fault. If he runs and McCullum hits he is out. If he stays and McCullum throws to the other end, he is still a chance of making it, or at least Hopes getting back. He had no choice but to stay.

Great game, great finish when it looked like the Kiwis had it in the bag with 3 overs to go. Enter Bracken, Hilfenhaus and Voges. Top death bowling (it's about time!) and an early nomination for catch of the year from Voges. We take the match by 1 run, though in reality we had it well wrapped up before the last two balls.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I have no idea why Hilfenhaus is anywhere near our national sides. He's got nothing but swing if the conditions are absolutely right. The commentary team were right: he should go play in England.... hopefully NOT in an Ashes series.

Status
Not open for further replies.