• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Oz or Aus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Travi34

Do you type Oz, or Aus when talking about the great land down under in the abbreviated form?

Aussie or Ozzie?

I've been a stickler for Aus for a long time... feeling it somehow more prop-er and less bogan.. but am feeling the love for Oz lately...

Thoughts?

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Agree, but have found myelf using the shorter Oz. Is it that we're all just so european nowdays and Aus just gets sooo confusing for Austria?

PS - You're not just bored waiting for a test to start at 1am or anything are you Travi?

T

Travi34

definately not...lol

just used it one of my latest tweets, and it felt weird... "verbalised" that thought...

It's the first in a 5-part series, about different names for different positions, and how much we hate the kiwis....

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Personally I find it annoying when Kiwis refer to us, the country, as Aussie. An Aussie is a person (or an adjective), not a place.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Bam Bam is the wizard, lion, magician, king, and Dorothy all in one pack. The Full Monty, complete package, Mary McKillop's 3rd miracle.
Not quite Nobody yet, but time will tell.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Stuff the Euros. If they can't work out the difference between AUStralia and AUStria, then they can go and shag a dog.
I don't really care for clowns who can't tell that differnce.

When I travel I take the time and effort to learn about where I am intending to travel.

It is AUS for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.