• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Oz player of the round for whatever round this is

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
15 McLinden
14 Shepherd
13 Ione
12 Barnes
11 Staniforth
10 Giteau
9 Genia
8 Taylor
7 Pocock
6 MMM
5 Sharpe
4 Wykes
3 Castle
2 Hardman
1 Holmes

Centres could go either way, particularly JOC (James O'Connor) v BB. Went for Berrick because of the conditions and because he had to do it more himself.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Couldn't argue with that Noddy.
Barnes deserves it - player of the round for me, hands down.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeah JOC (James O'Connor) was good but Barnes was brilliant, Barnes player of the round & totally agree with Noddy's team of the week.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
No quibbling from me.

Barnes and O'Connor were both superb.

I thought Genia and McLinden sent their business cards to Robbie Deans very well.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Funny that G&G don't bother to select a player of the round and try of the round when the Tahs have a bye.

Pretty much agree with their selections apart from Barnes, Hardman and maybe Holmes.

Australian Team Of The Week

Each week, Greg Growden and Rupert Guinness pick the form Australian Super 14 team.

15 Mark McLinden (Qld) (2)
14 Scott Staniforth (Force) (3)
13 Digby Ioane (Qld) (5)
12 James O'Connor (Force) (4)
11 Cameron Shepherd(Force) (3)
10 Matt Giteau (Force) (5)
9 Will Genia (Qld) (2)
8 Ezra Taylor(Qld (1)
7 David Pocock (Force) (1)
6 Hugh McMeniman (Qld) (4)
5 Nathan Sharpe (Force) (7)
4 James Horwill(Qld) (1)
3 Ben Castle (Force) (2)
2 Tai McIsaac (Force) (2)
1 Gareth Hardy (Force) (1)

(Number of times selected in brackets).

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Ash said:
Funny that G&G don't bother to select a player of the round and try of the round when the Tahs have a bye.

Pretty much agree with their selections apart from Barnes, Hardman and maybe Holmes.

Australian Team Of The Week

Each week, Greg Growden and Rupert Guinness pick the form Australian Super 14 team.

15 Mark McLinden (Qld) (2)
14 Scott Staniforth (Force) (3)
13 Digby Ioane (Qld) (5)
12 James O'Connor (Force) (4)
11 Cameron Shepherd(Force) (3)
10 Matt Giteau (Force) (5)
9 Will Genia (Qld) (2)
8 Ezra Taylor(Qld (1)
7 David Pocock (Force) (1)
6 Hugh McMeniman (Qld) (4)
5 Nathan Sharpe (Force) (7)
4 James Horwill(Qld) (1)
3 Ben Castle (Force) (2)
2 Tai McIsaac (Force) (2)
1 Gareth Hardy (Force) (1)

(Number of times selected in brackets).
Nice theory there Ash, except for the fact it's wrong!
Player of the round was JO'C and try of the round was Mitchell's, created by JO'C and the miracle pass. Maybe it didn't make it from print to cyber-Herald!
Barnes and JO'C was hard - I'd have gone for Barnes too; also Hardman. Can't comment on whether Holmes should have been there since I don't understand the black arts deeply enough!

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Barnes essentially played 10 against the Blues, and while Gits was his brilliant self, Barnes was the standout Oz player. I watched my recording of the game and his covering defence was unbelievable, prevented a lot of breakouts.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
McLinden surely must be the most improved player in Australia this year. He started with stutter but is starting to look like he's figuring it out.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
He is becoming a real threat in counter attack, particularly with his ability to set up players around him. If he can keep this rate of improvement going he is a real chance of making the Wallaby squad.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
cyclopath said:
Nice theory there Ash, except for the fact it's wrong!
Player of the round was JO'C and try of the round was Mitchell's, created by JO'C and the miracle pass. Maybe it didn't make it from print to cyber-Herald!

Damnit, it was such a great conspiracy theory too :'( Back to the drawing board...

Status
Not open for further replies.