• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Oz Team of the Round (Rnd 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

formeropenside

en_force_er said:
van humprhries is constistantly terrific. how old is he? young enough to be a world cup prospect?
i assume age is why he hasnt had a decent crack.

i dont know when the hell brumbies were doing with there pack selection. why were kimlin and alexander benched?
alexander obviously because henderson is in the leadership squad... but why is henderson in the leadership squad? he seems so stoic.

Van the man is 33. This is his 3rd stint with the Reds.

F

formeropenside

I will agree there have been less deserving Wallaby selections than Van would be.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It is very unlikely that Van will get a chance, if Aus needs a lock because Sharpe, Horwill, Mumm, Chisholm & MMM are all injured I think Kimlin & Hockings would be selected before him.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
fatprop said:
It is very unlikely that Van will get a chance, if Aus needs a lock because Sharpe, Horwill, Mumm, Chisholm & MMM are all injured I think Kimlin & Hockings would be selected before him.

I agree, but at the moment it's all because of Van's age. Good depth player for the Reds though - he was very good for them last year, and was very good vs the Bulls. Hopefully he can continue that form this season. Big Van is improving with age, and who knows, the Reds may get another 1 - 2 good seasons from him yet after this one. Gives enough time for us to see if Simmons is going to make it at this level.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I was impressed by Will Caldwell at 5 for the Tahs. Made a lot of tackles (like all the tahs tbh), took 5 lineouts and was involved in everything tight.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
fatprop said:

chisolm is terrible, sharpe is inconsistant, mumm/mmm = not locks.

kimlin should be a lock... why is he being changed to back row. hockings could be a good 6, he looks too short for lock.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
en_force_er said:
fatprop said:

kimlin should be a lock... why is he being changed to back row. hockings could be a good 6, he looks too short for lock.

199CM

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
en_force_er said:
fatprop said:

I have to disagree, Chisolm and Sharpe were both excellent on the November tour (I was amazed) and Mumm can happily play the grinders lock role at test level. MMM is a 6 who can cover lock.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Noddy said:

you dont seriously trust the stats they post on the super 14 sites do you?
figure 1.1 the Fainga'a twins. hooker is listed as 10cm taller than the center. TWINS!!!
check the reds site. i hope it hasnt changed... i would look silly.

fatprop said:
I have to disagree, Chisolm and Sharpe were both excellent on the November tour (I was amazed) and Mumm can happily play the grinders lock role at test level. MMM is a 6 who can cover lock.

hmm i thought sharpe lifted his game on the tour, so ill agree to that. chisolm on the other hand didnt stand out at all to me. yes he had that length of the field try but it was a gift that any man paid to be big and run fast should of got.
mumm can play lock in a reasonable fashion when he has a good prop in front of him, but it is seriously impacting his development as a future wallaby 6.
mmm is better playing 6... he is too fragile for lock and he cant be squandered.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
en_force_er said:
Noddy said:

figure 1.1 the Fainga'a twins. hooker is listed as 10cm taller than the center. TWINS!!!

fatprop said:

hmm i thought sharpe lifted his game on the tour, so ill agree to that. chisolm on the other hand didnt stand out at all to me. yes he had that length of the field try but it was a gift that any man paid to be big and run fast should of got.
mumm can play lock in a reasonable fashion when he has a good prop in front of him, but it is seriously impacting his development as a future wallaby 6.
mmm is better playing 6... he is too fragile for lock and he cant be squandered.

Chisolm stood out by not standing out :nta: , he pushed, cleaned out, tackled and did all the tight forward stuff.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
en_force_er said:
Noddy said:

fatprop said:

oh c'mon. Hockings is clearly a monster height-wise. I'm surprised he's listed less than 2m.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Some people are hard to please. Moore was outstanding, a much more clinical performance than TPN's.
I watched a replay of the Brumbies last night & kept a close eye on Moore & he was brilliant.

T

Turban

Mitchell shouldn't be anywhere near that team until he learns to defend. Cost us two trys with his piss poor tackling on the weekend and his strength appears to have come at the cost of some of his speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.