1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Paarl Interschools - My rugby party!

Discussion in 'Schoolboy Rugby' started by PaarlBok, Jul 22, 2009.

1. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

Over the year a lot of Paarl talking from this poster and being fortunate to live in this lovely little SA town, this is our BIG sporting party. The schools reopen on monday and our rugby ghost on the run. Find this article in SA Schoolssports site
    Interschools for the Paarliet like myself go much much futher then just the main game next saturday. Being fortunate to have a kiddie in Paarl Gimmies the kids started preparing for their most important game of their year two weeks back in their holiday. Honing their rugby skills and preparing them for the big one. This weekend Oom Paarl will help the kid decorating the house in his beloved Bloedwors colours of maroon, green & yellow. Sport will start on teusday when the prymary schools hockey from 6 to 13 years old will have their Big Brag (every single team captain will call his/her team to the stage and present each member to the whole school) and the A team players will be capped by their parents. The matches will start round about 12h00 and on thursday its rugby turn for the same thing.

Trust me Oom Paarl will be in Faure Stadium on the saturday and wont even bodder about the Bokke vs All Blacks rugby score.
  2. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

The kid scoring two goals on teusday and his team won by the same margin, Today its rugby and he'll be playing his game in two hours time. Pretty cold but no rain at the moment. Dont have many hopes. :'(
  3. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

Thought I'll show a few pictures.
    [img width=300 height=225]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc309/PaarlBok/DSCN1153.jpg[/img]

Klein Paarl, the small one second from left in front with the Big Brag when the teams are presenting to the school.
  4. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

So the kid lost their game 10-0 yesterday but the A team blast the Galpille 24-5. The big Prymary Boys U13s lost 15-5 to the Galpille as expected. They had 5 WP Craven Week players and the Gimmies came out of this one with a enough to keep their heads high. Included in that 5 are 3 BIG black players and they are outstanding rugby players. Watchng the kids I sure see a turn up of coloured players in all the teams. Thats great to see them coming through in two of SA best rugby schools.

Today its all the not A teams rugby , all netball and girls hockey. Wet and raining at the moment but hoping it will disappear awhen the actions starts at 13h00.
  5. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

Havent post here for a good reason. Gim losing the most important one, the main U18A rugby match 24-12. The game was over within the first half hour after the Galpille leading 21-6. Myself at this stage nearly went home to go and watch the test but then Gim came with a great comeback and losing 24-12 at the end. Could have been closer if their flanker did not lose the ball when he was already over the tryline towards the end. Still great to see 25,000 supporters at a schoolboy match despite a Bok All Black test on at the same time.

Gim girls blasted Girls High in both the hockey and netball and taking the boys hockey 3-2 , scoring the winning one in the last second.

Just to illusrtrate the way Paarl show their colours on interschools day, this two statutes just around the corner in front of a shop in main street.

[img width=300 height=225]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc309/PaarlBok/DSCN1227.jpg[/img]
  6. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

Some more Interschools action from Klein Paarltjie

Kick off
    [img width=200 height=300]http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/184/7115jessica.jpg[/img]

and a bit of hockey

[img width=300 height=200]http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7430/3290marisa.jpg[/img]