• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

People with an inflated sense of self importance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
Oh god, don't get me onto meetings. The greatest time wasters of all.

Perhaps my initial whinge should not be related per se to people using these little wonders of technology (I quite like my iPhone, though not necessarily as a phone), but the growing lack of ettiquette or social awareness by their users (because they think they are so self-important...) can be quite annoying.

Now off to another pointless, work disrupting meeting....

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
A barrister with an iPhone versus a merchant wanker with a blackberry versus a stockbroker with an iPad. Who wins?

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
The biggest problem I find with about half the meetings I attend is that they are either un-necessary, too many un-necessary people are involved, or the person chairing will not keep it moving quickly and the meeting gets bogged down on trivial issues. Not saying it is an appropriate thing to get your phone out and start doing something else, just that there seems to be a developing mentality towards pointless meetings these days. I sometimes think people organise them to avoid actually getting anything done half the time.

Stoff, you have just described corporate France where we have a meeting to discuss the agendas of the last meeting and the next meeting, then break for a 3 hour lunch then go on strike, and achieve absolutely zip. It does my head in.

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
iPhonitis - symptoms include the uncontrollable sideways movement of the index finger, antisocial behaviour in group situations and inhabiting the characteristics of a female.

iPhones are for girls.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Bit off topic here, but still on the phones...any thoughts about Samsung Galaxy? Been looking at this as a replacement for my woeful current phone...Need to use it for both UK/Europe and Australia...

Status
Not open for further replies.