• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Perth Spirit vs. Brisbane City - NRC Round 2, 31/08 @ UWA Sports Park - McGillivray Oval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
How do you have time to do this and watch? You're must be a lot better typer than I am!

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Spirit turn it over and start to march it it forward and and score but touchie puts his flag up for out of bounds..........

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Great effort city but bugger me that's a tough lose to swallow considering the play Graham cooper the ref who works for rugby wa will have a lot to explain tomorrow morning

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Thanks for the updates, pity if the ref was a shocker but I'm not going to complain about the result. How was the crowd?

fo!!ower

Chris McKivat (8)
Thanks for your efforts Gaffa. Between madly refreshing this thread and Twitter I almost felt like I was there!
Sent from my RM-821_apac_malaysia_316 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ash

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Thanks for the updates Gaffa.

The Force I feel were pretty lucky this year, pushing the boundaries at the breakdown. With a large Force contingent in the 15 were they really unlucky at the ruck or were they pushing the boundaries too much?

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Great day at McGillivray this afternoon, even if the result didn't go our way. Good crowd too I reckon. Big congrats to Brizzy who kept it close all game and then scored the crucial break away try to force us (pardon the pun) to chase the game. Reffing wasn't great, but we were our own worst enemies at times. Bloody frustrating loss that was.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
BTW, saw Link in the crowd this afternoon. He would have liked Kev's game I think.

Can you give an update on how all the Wallabies in the game went, including Kev, Hodgson, and Godwin? (Were they the only three?)

Also who stood out for each team would be great!

Big shame about Kerevi pulling out right before the game.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Agreed great family day at the rugby.

Question for those that were there. In the second half City kicked long, ball was caught by one of the Spirit reserves who threw it to the winger who took a quick lineout. Spirit were penalised at the point it was thrown in. Does anyone know if something happened at the kick or was the penalty created at the throw in? If so what the he'll for?

On a side note, any one ever seen advantage paid after a scrum goes 90 before?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Agreed great family day at the rugby.

Question for those that were there. In the second half City kicked long, ball was caught by one of the Spirit reserves who threw it to the winger who took a quick lineout. Spirit were penalised at the point it was thrown in. Does anyone know if something happened at the kick or was the penalty created at the throw in? If so what the he'll for?

On a side note, any one ever seen advantage paid after a scrum goes 90 before?

Pretty sure one of the new rules it that the reserves can't interfere with the ball when kicked out, whether they are helping or preventing a quick throw.

Status
Not open for further replies.