• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Perth v Sydney — Sun 28th Sept @ Joondalup

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Brett murthy steels the stars lineout ball Godwin with a half break and trys to offload but the ball goes forward.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Thought able was off but nope he just run wide and around the stars d and scores his second try.

Conversion is just short spirit lead 63-21

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Did I read that score correctly?
Hmm was hoping Stars after last Vikings match would not be the whipping boys of the NRC...but after that spirt game (thanks Gaff)...suggests maybe too early to call that....perth spirit and godwin in particular seemed awesome....

Who was your man of the match Gaff and any chance you want to guess the crowd.....

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Bit of Skelton hate in there Gaff? The rest of the Wallabies in the Stars side got belted too you know :)

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hmm was hoping Stars after last Vikings match would not be the whipping boys of the NRC.but after that spirt game (thanks Gaff).suggests maybe too early to call that..perth spirit and godwin in particular seemed awesome..

Who was your man of the match Gaff and any chance you want to guess the crowd...
Would be hard to go past Godwin for Motm he was in everything. His battle with Stewart was first class but godwin easily got the points.

rugby wa saying just under 1500

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Bit of Skelton hate in there Gaff? The rest of the Wallabies in the Stars side got belted too you know :)
Definitely no hate here I really rate the young guy but if he didn't stand out because of his height you wouldn't even have known he was on the field and then it took until the yellow card when I looked at the stars bench to realise he wasn't on the field...........

I guess my earlier post was also had to do with the fact I had just read he was getting on a plane after the match to Argentina.

I had read in other match threads that all he has done is sit in mid field and truck it up and that's all he did if it wasn't for lineout a he wouldn't have left the midfield.

Very strange play from someone who we all know can be a devastating ball runner he should be dominating at this leave.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
Thanks for the work, Gaffa, for all of us who couldn't watch or be there.

Sounds like Godwin had a blinder (Either that or you have some serious man-love for him!). Sounds like he'll be peaking quite nicely for the EOYT. I hope he'll get a legit shot at the 12 spot.

Besides his obvious attacking and defending skills, the thing I love is that you'll rarely seem him take the wrong option/decision.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Any highlights come through yet ? Stars are really struggling to find consistency each week with their inexperienced squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.