• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Picture Thread | Personal Achievements in Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

HorseSizedDuck

Peter Burge (5)
Hey All,

I wanted to start a thread that showed off some of our Forum's personal rugby history.

I want to know your stories!

Your post can be a link to a album or picture of your achievements playing rugby.

Your Picture/s can be from your heyday, a great tackle, dynamic play, lifting the trophy or you with a great mate holding a cold one after a match.

Each photo/s should have ideally a description with it, otherwise we won't know why it's special to you.

IE. The year?/What club/team it was for?/Why it was special?

Obviously if you feel uncomfortable sharing personal details on this thread that's fine keep it vague.

I'll Start...

aBF9oQm.jpg

YEAR:2010 | Blacktown RUFC Colts | This is my favourite photo of me playing in general, being a slow 5 in a colts team I think it's all way a dream to talk the Half Back from a line out. This was in a game against Epping Rams in the Semi Finals to cement a spot into the Grand Final. We lost that day due to the entire back line had gone to Polynesian wedding and the run on team was 12 forwards (I played on the wing when lineout were on), 3 backs and 1 reserve player. We only lost by 3 points (I think). A great moment of banter from the Epping guys after the game ended, they said "You won't make it to the final, Petersham will smash you"

ZgGUadp.jpg

YEAR:2010 | Blacktown RUFC Colts | Me again at my first line out in the Grand Final against Epping again. I guess we did beat petersham and we where back for revenge. Me at 4 and my best mate at 5 setting up for a defensive lineout.

y0qgCwD.jpg

YEAR:2010 | Blacktown RUFC Colts | We won the Grand Final 16-10, our defence is what won it for us. 15+ mins of tackling in the 22 and on our try line to hold out Epping to get that elusive clutch try to kick for the win. I'm the one whose got his head down walking to the camera after the group photo. What also made this victory sweeter was we lost to this same team in the first round, 51-10, we won 12 consecutive season games after that first round.

4E43lk8.jpg

YEAR:2010 | Blacktown RUFC Colts | My best mate with the Radford Cup. It was the first time ever my club ever won the trophy and our first IV lost that day in the Div3 GF to the now famously wealthy and rising Balmain.

13AjJzT.jpg

YEAR:2010 | Blacktown RUFC Colts | Post Match wagers were settled. My best mate (Team Captain) agreed to shave his stupid Pinapple head haircut if we won the final. I waited 3 years for this day.

s2nZyqh.jpg

YEAR:2010 | Blacktown RUFC Colts | The Club Famous FUNG YOU Shirts. All the colts got a shirt as a surpise for winning the Grand Final that day. My mate is now walking around to our team players and asking them if they want to 'shave' a patch of his head.

Thanks all for Looking if this thread dies off, I'm happy to share the photos I have from my time playing rugby so far.

Remember I want to see your Pictures and Stories!

Status
Not open for further replies.