1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Player movements for Shute Shield 2014

Discussion in 'Shute Shield' started by Done that, Oct 8, 2013.

1. lily Vay Wilson (31)

@#$% %**^ changes from Club A to Club B. That should be the only stuff posted in this thread. It is quite annoying when you see that someone has posted something that is interesting but should be in the other Shute Shield thread.
  2. MACCA Ron Walden (29)

have heard that as well - and offering $$$$$$
    rugby mercenaries should contact the Beasts if they have yet to be in touch
    ;-)
  3. Done that Ron Walden (29)

Fergus Lee Warner to Easts also.
  4. Tah and feathered Watty Friend (18)

I believe they are after Lala Lam and Pete Samu
  5. Hugh Jarse Rocky Elsom (76)

This may have been covered elsewhere but I have heard that injuries have caught up on Easts Captain Pauli Taumopeau and he has called stumps on his playing career.
  6. Eyes and Ears Arch Winning (36)

I believe he and Rob McMicken have retired.
  7. Tah and feathered Watty Friend (18)

Aj Gilbert from Norths playing at Byron Bay next season
  8. howyagoin Ted Fahey (11)

Tim Donlan will be at randwick next season after being promised a 1st grade gig
  9. Rugby Central Charlie Fox (21)

How does anyone get promised a first grade gig. If you're good enough, you get picked, if you're not, then work harder.

Great way to instill laziness AND piss-off the clubman.:confused:
    Brian Westlake and Dave Beat like this.
  10. Knuckles Billy Sheehan (19)

Not sure about being promised 1st grade, but h's definitely going. Rumours two prominent Rats forwards will follow him too.

Also, Scott Podmore rumoured to have had a MASSIVE falling out with Scott Fava at Norths and is heading back to his roots in the western suburbs, albeit not Parra, but West Harbour instead.

Rumours, and I stress, only rumours, continue coming out of the St LEonards bunker that there's a mass exodus from Norths for next year.
  11. howyagoin Ted Fahey (11)

My point exactly. How can anyone be promised a 1st grade spot anywhere. Norths are falling apart. Don't expect a strong showing there next season. Plenty of guys wanting to leave.

Who will be following him south from the fowards?
  12. howyagoin Ted Fahey (11)

At least we know their backline for next year now
    9 Donlan
    15 Kellaway
  13. jay-c Ron Walden (29)

has anyone considered a point system for the shute shield whereby if a player changes clubs, comes from another state/ country they are assigned points and clubs are only allowed a certain amount of points per team or are penalised for having over X points in their starting team?
    its something which would have to be introduced over a 5 years or so but it would certainly reduce the appeal for clubs to steal players from other teams
    *will transfer it lily
  14. Knuckles Billy Sheehan (19)

Horwitz will be the 10 won't he?
  15. Knuckles Billy Sheehan (19)

More rumours coming out from the snouts north of the twin pilons.

They can't afford to pay for ground hire of North Sydney Oval and are trying to move to Macquarie Uni.
  16. wamberal Simon Poidevin (60)

Is that why he played a couple of seasons for Eastwood?
  17. howyagoin Ted Fahey (11)

That was Josh. He was behind Brett Sheehan at the time. Luke has never played for another club
  18. Knuckles Billy Sheehan (19)

Correct, it was Josh yes. I was referring to Luke.

Mail getting stronger that atleast one Rats forward will be making the trek to Coogee with Donlan.......
  19. the coach Dick Tooth (41)

What are the Wicks offering to entice these guys to change clubs?
  20. It is what it is John Solomon (38)

I don't know but I hope the response isn't " A chance to be part of a great club with 1st class coaching, superior facilities and a fantastic culture", because Sydney Uni own that package.