1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Player Movements Shute Shield 2015

Discussion in 'Shute Shield' started by rimmerdee, Aug 29, 2014.

1. turnovertwopasses Banned

Buildcorp will pull out all the stops to again be on top in 2015. Mind you, they have a LOT to do. The Stars are the laughing stock of the NRC
  2. Knuckles Billy Sheehan (19)

There's been plenty of talk around the camp fire that Easts have signed 7 players from Penrith.
  3. It is what it is John Solomon (38)

Hopefully Penrith league team.
  4. the coach Dick Tooth (41)

So Easts and Randwick should have a complete Penrith team between them ;)
    Gibbo likes this.
  5. Dave Beat Paul McLean (56)

Heard from reliable source Macca and Coach are jumping on the Marlins train next year.
  6. the coach Dick Tooth (41)

Although I have just acquired an Opal Card I won't need to use it to travel to Coogee Oval next year :p
  7. Tah and feathered Watty Friend (18)

I have heard that the 2015 comp starts 21st March
    18 rounds with the june long weekend the only week off
    Top 6 again. GF the 15th august
    The NRC will start 2 weeks after the GF
    Super rugby starts 13th Feb
    Also i have heard and dont know how strong this is but ABC not doing the Shute shield in 2015.
  8. the coach Dick Tooth (41)

Response from the ABC:
    ABC Television has made no decision regarding continuation of the agreement to broadcast the Shute Shield beyond 2014. The agreement is up for renewal on October 30 and information will be available closer to that date.

The ABC has enjoyed a strong relationship with the Shute Shield for many years. However, the ABC is reviewing its operating and programming strategies in light of funding cuts and the need to reposition the organisation for the challenges of the digital era. In areas like sport, the ABC needs to look at what is happening in the wider sector and how it can make the most efficient use of its people and its facilities.

Yours sincerely,

Kevin McAlinden
    ABC Audience and Consumer Affairs
  9. Heavyd Alex Ross (28)

'reveiwing its operating and programming strategies'......that means no Shute Shield. Thats a massive blow for clubs and in particularly their sponsorship budgets.
  10. the coach Dick Tooth (41)

Yep, I agree on both counts.
    No doubt the SRU and NSWRU have the matter in hand and are lobbying the ABC and the Communications Minister as we speak to make sure the clubs' and supporters' interests are looked after ;)
  11. Brian Westlake Arch Winning (36)

Dave, the two blokes you mention have never been west of Charing Cross and you expect them to cross TWO bridges???
  12. the coach Dick Tooth (41)

I'll have you know I have been to Manly Oval -- it's one of my favourite away game trips. Too many bridges to cross, so I catch the ferry. Once a year is more than enough though.
    Brian Westlake likes this.
  13. boyo Paul McLean (56)

On SBS TA said on the night before the 2013 election: “No cuts to education, no cuts to health, no change to pensions, no change to the GST and no cuts to the ABC or SBS.”

More roosting chickens?
  14. the coach Dick Tooth (41)

Well TA did play for your club Boyo ;)
  15. boyo Paul McLean (56)

So what?

Many people have played for them, yet they haven't cut the ABC's budget.
  16. Knuckles Billy Sheehan (19)

I am aware that SRU pays in excess of $115K to the ABC for the privilege. Perhaps, a cost cutting measure would be to not screen the match of the round live. I would have thought that the majority of the ABC's costs would centre around the live broadcast. If they showed it on delay, perhaps that would save the Shute Shield for another year.
  17. qwerty51 Jason Little (69)

You'd hope they'd live stream it then.
    Brian Westlake likes this.
  18. the coach Dick Tooth (41)

Yes, I was -- I misread the name, sorry!
  19. the coach Dick Tooth (41)

Yes, I know it was a cheap shot, but I couldn't resist, sorry :)
  20. I like to watch Simon Poidevin (60)

Nope, I'd hope the ARU pay the ABC whatever they need to continue the coverage(within reason).
    Losing free to air coverage would be a huge blow to the sport.