• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Player Transfers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Can anyone enlighten me on player transfers? Is there some sort of window for this to happen?

If so the Force should through the kitchen sink and its neighbours at Harris.

With Cooper coming back in the next few week and the force without a real #10 Harris would be great for the force and they have money to spend (and lots of it).

Would Harris want to sit on the pine or even play out of position for the rest of the year???

No sure if this can actually happen but the Force need to do someting.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There's no player transfers window...

The Force are stuck with the players they've signed for the year, and are not entitled to contracted players from other teams.

T

TOCC

Can anyone enlighten me on player transfers? Is there some sort of window for this to happen?

If so the Force should through the kitchen sink and its neighbours at Harris.

With Cooper coming back in the next few week and the force without a real #10 Harris would be great for the force and they have money to spend (and lots of it).

Would Harris want to sit on the pine or even play out of position for the rest of the year???

No sure if this can actually happen but the Force need to do someting.

its called prior/succession planning and someone should have told this to RugbyWA years ago..

I don't understand why every 12months the Force make a knee-jerk reaction and try and throw money at a off-contract star play-maker...

S

spooony

I think what we see in the papers and read all over the web is just the tip of the iceberg normally. I was shocked to read what happened in the past years and how players manipulated it to suck more money out of they're Unions. What happen is that when they get offered a deal from abroad then the home union must try to match that offer otherwise the player will take the better deal abroad. What happened in SA was that some used it to their advantage hinting they are going to play abroad. Then they will get a contract and get payed big money but some not even playing. Skinstad was one guy who played like one game yet was payed almost a million.

So sometimes the big money they will throw at a player is not them trying to steal players but to keep the player in the country otherwise he will take the better offer they normally give in Europe and the player is lost for selection to your national team.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
I think what we see in the papers and read all over the web is just the tip of the iceberg normally. I was shocked to read what happened in the past years and how players manipulated it to suck more money out of they're Unions. What happen is that when they get offered a deal from abroad then the home union must try to match that offer otherwise the player will take the better deal abroad. What happened in SA was that some used it to their advantage hinting they are going to play abroad. Then they will get a contract and get payed big money but some not even playing. Skinstad was one guy who played like one game yet was payed almost a million.

So sometimes the big money they will throw at a player is not them trying to steal players but to keep the player in the country otherwise he will take the better offer they normally give in Europe and the player is lost for selection to your national team.

Have you just travelled forward from the 1980's in some sort of time machine Spoony? This has been going on for years, basically since the game turned professional. This happens in almost every professional sport where players and their agents will use anything to drive up their value.

As an aside, when you are negotiating a new contract with your employer, would you make a point of highlighting what your peers in the same industry are earning at other firms in order to push your salary higher?

S

spooony

Have you just travelled forward from the 1980's in some sort of time machine Spoony? This has been going on for years, basically since the game turned professional. This happens in almost every professional sport where players and their agents will use anything to drive up their value.

As an aside, when you are negotiating a new contract with your employer, would you make a point of highlighting what your peers in the same industry are earning at other firms in order to push your salary higher?
Are we talking about contracts which you have with your province or country? If they want to keep the player in the country then the National team will offer him a contract to match whatever he got from abroad. Then they will go milk the Province/club as well. Just to give you a idea the Sharks spend something like 22 million rand on wages alone.

For transfers clubs are not allowed to talk to players without permission from his current club

Status
Not open for further replies.