• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Playing rugby in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
damn, was hoping blue mountains didnt go up and epping could remain to cut out some traveling (not that i tend to go to the long away games anyway!)

should be a good year anyway, im in 2nd division for hornsby, must say, a restructure has been some time in the making, st ives in our comp cant field a colts or 4th division side on most weekends, but they remain in 2nds on the back of a great year for there first grade squad while epping that has an abundance of players go down.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah its a bitch but Subbies have clubs to please as well as a comp to run. We had sides down in 5th Division with dodgy team sheets and nothing was done about it because most of the blokes would piss off to league in a second if they didn't get to play finals

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
true that, we get alot coming the other way once they drop out of the finals race in league which the local team does every year, thats how we got leroy huston playing for us a couple of years back when he was taking his sabbatical!

i think if they run it in pools with a combined finals comp then it should go alright, getting guys to away games when you have to travel and hour or so is the pits (i should know, im one of the hard ones to get there) its just giving up a whole day, which i dont mind at home when i can waddle home from the bar but when you have to drive a couple of hours you dont wanna hang around!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
well there was a certain Lachie Turner loving rugby player who played his first game of rugby on the weekend. The the blond flyer would have done Lachie proud in scoring 4 tries in the game.

Please note that neither the ARU nor the QRU encourages the keeping of the score in Jnr Rugby so as to focus on the positive aspects of the game such as fun and team work as well as the basic skills such as catch, pass and run.

But we won 50-15.

F

formeropenside

Noddy said:
well there was a certain Lachie Turner loving rugby player who played his first game of rugby on the weekend. The the blond flyer would have done Lachie proud in scoring 4 tries in the game.

Please note that neither the ARU nor the QRU encourages the keeping of the score in Jnr Rugby so as to focus on the positive aspects of the game such as fun and team work as well as the basic skills such as catch, pass and run.

But we won 50-15.

Well done Nodster Junior.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yes, he thought it was highly amusing when I told him it took me 8 years to score my first try and 9 years to score 4 tries!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
On a slightly different topic, I threw out the receipt for my three week old football boots on Friday. On Saturday, I realised that the thread on one of the rear studs was dead, and I lost (another) stud in the game. Anyone have any advice on how to fix it? I am thinking of gluing the stud in right now...

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
did you buy it on Credit Card? Often you can use a CC statement in the absence of a receipt

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Ash said:
On a slightly different topic, I threw out the receipt for my three week old football boots on Friday. On Saturday, I realised that the thread on one of the rear studs was dead, and I lost (another) stud in the game. Anyone have any advice on how to fix it? I am thinking of gluing the stud in right now...

Try Loctite. If that doesn't work, Supaglue Gel.

Threw your receipt out? Yer goose. I'll bet you come from Queensland. 8) 8) 8)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
A draft draw has been released for 5th Division and it looks like it is stuck on 12 teams - Canterbury haven't popped up anywhere! Surprising for a team that finished top two in 4th Div... their website says they're fielding one team but I don't see them in the list. Anyways, on to business...

The first good news for the Renegades is we don't have to travel to the Southern Highlands to play Wollondilly which is somewhat of a relief. But its a tough first 7 rounds as we get all the teams dropping from 4th Div as well as our 5th Div rivals Sydney Harlequins. Don't even know if I'll get a game yet if the numbers are there! I'd better get to training this week....

F

formeropenside

Noddy said:
Noddy Jnr scored another 4 tries.

Bloody show off.

:angryfire:

He's wasted on the wing Noddy, get him moved to no.8.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
formeropenside said:
Noddy said:
Noddy Jnr scored another 4 tries.

Bloody show off.

:angryfire:

He's wasted on the wing Noddy, get him moved to no.8.

its Under 6s. There's no positions. But he's destine for the backs. He's small. And has white boots.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Noddy said:
its Under 6s. There's no positions. But he's destine for the backs. He's small. And has white boots.

The real question is - did HE pick the boots, or did YOU?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
we did. THey were a birthday present. Literally coudn't find any black ones his size. We were in Ballina though, so the shopping is limited.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Ah I see. I found Little Aussie a set of black Nikes for soccer without too much trouble in Rebel Sport.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Little Nick's playing soccer? :mad: :mad: :mad: Surely this is grounds for expulsion. My bloke made his debut for West Harbour colts on Saturday (the powers-that-be made him captain of the thirds ;)), aged 17 his 13th year of rugby. You've got to start 'em young, Nick.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I'm keen. Mrs the Aussie isn't. Plus he'd have to play for someone other than the Renegades which is just not on.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I started for Chatswood at U7s. I probably played alongside HiJinks, now that I think about it.

F

formeropenside

NTA said:
I'm keen. Mrs the Aussie isn't. Plus he'd have to play for someone other than the Renegades which is just not on.

Look, she makes all the other decisions, so its only fair you get to choose which sport little Aussie plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.