• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Good effort! Reckon the Saders are probably a bit high. But with such a small sample size to work with things are going to be pretty wild for the first few weeks.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Good effort! Reckon the Saders are probably a bit high. But with such a small sample size to work with things are going to be pretty wild for the first few weeks.

The Waratahs and Crusaders are both living off last year's success a bit at this stage.

I'm not expecting the Crusaders to win in Hamilton tomorrow but gee I'm hoping it's a good game. Definitely match of the round.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
@ BH - I think you're pretty much on the money with these rankings. I like to think the Rebels have shown a bit more than the Crusaders at this stage, but I suppose on last weeks results your rankings are fair.

Agree with the comments re: canes. This could be the year they finally challenge for a top-two spot. The more I look at the squad the more I like it.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Yeah that's pretty much how it's going to go at the moment. Have to take last year into account until we're about a month in and everything starts to settle down. Going to be a few teams jumping up and down dramatically at the moment. If the Rebels win tomorrow night then we might have to start taking them seriously, if they lose is it just another year of nearly?

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
the front runners and cellar dwellers are firming.

Re the Crusader, this feels very similar to their 2014 campaign. Odds-on a late surge up the ladder. Only a brave man would write them off

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I wonder whether a late charge by the Crusaders will be thwarted by having to rest key players?

It does feel a bit different to me this year.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The CruSadists are the British Paints of Rugby. They just keep on keeping on. Like Sir Richie GOAT, every time you write them off, there is a dose of humble pie to be consumed soon after.

Best to keep talking about a CruSadist dynasty and praise their ability to finish strongly. Where ever they finish in the competition, you will either be proven correct, or be able to claim that your jinx worked on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.