• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Pre Season '16: Reds v Brumbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I've got the sense that we need a bit more composure around the breakdown. Short, off the shoulder runners and shutting down the pilfer. There is no way our backs can utilise the deep wide ball if they are getting rushed

This has to be part of our structure. we played too deep when Pickle was at 10 last year and I remember thinking that Quade would flatten us up but he played real deep when he came back. and we are still doing this year.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
If the Brumbies keep infringing like they did in the first half, even with some 50:50 calls at the ruck, I expect to see yellow.

It's horrendous isn't it, but they do it all the time, it is obviously a coached thing. It really annoys me -should have been a yellow with constant penalties in front of the line.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I've got the sense that we need a bit more composure around the breakdown. Short, off the shoulder runners and shutting down the pilfer. There is no way our backs can utilise the deep wide ball if they are getting rushed

On the positive side the composure with the penalty taking is excellent! :p

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Reds lack structure past second phase. Strong runs and a good individual pass gets them so far but then they concede possession pretty easily.

Again the Brumbies play hard in the middle and secure each phase and even a Reds turnover doesn't spur urgency from the Reds and it is picked up immediately by the Ponies. Yet again weak defence structure on the wing sees the Ponies through easily with three there to score.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sio and Makin both on for the Brumbies......... should be interesting how this scrum goes.

Edit: Bah............. Makin hinging..........

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I think Gardner screwed that up.... looked like a legit turnover for Pocock.
I think your kidding yourself. It wasn't close. He & Steve Moore were on the ground at the end. It was just a matter of which one went.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Brumbies scrum is a real problem. Very weak on the TH side. Mankin very poor from setup onwards. a lot of work to be done there.

Status
Not open for further replies.