• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
The only Bond player in Qld u20's Game squad is Josh Taylor (prop) who may be too old for the u19's Colts. Otherwise they should be full strength.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
dylan Rielly? Gav Luka? Alex Mafi?
Dylan Riley will be playing for Bond this weekend (Magnay down u20's from Reds) Gavin Luka is still in rehab training and may be close to playing for Bond in a couple of weeks, Alex Mafi I thought would be in the over 19 bracket (I could be wrong). You're right on Harry but I'm sure he'd be in the Prem side though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
They do however have, Hamish Stewart (TGS & Qld II), Joel Kuchel (Churchie, Aus Schools, Qld u20 wider squad), Ben Grant, Sam Wood and a few carry overs from last year.

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Norths Prem Colts had Brothers for a large part of the game on the weekend. Take Norths lightly at your own peril. Very good set pieces. Depth and injury will be their issue. If they can keep intact would not surprise to see them push for a semi spot.

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
Depending on who is required for the REDs U20's, East's should line up on Saturdays the same as last weekend.
Schiller, Braden L
Schmalkuche, Fergus
Young, Heath A
Kerswell, Alexander W
Schneider, Mitchell H
Henry, Sam R
Harding, Peter R
Gimpel, Jeremy
Olsen, Charlie
Stewart, Lachlan
Baker, Max F
Coleman, Darcy
Smit, Matthew J
Doessel, Hugo A
Quigley, Max
12. Reserve
Cook, Kyle T
10. Reserve
Littleton, Ben

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Depending on who is required for the REDs U20's, East's should line up on Saturdays the same as last weekend.
Schiller, Braden L
Schmalkuche, Fergus
Young, Heath A
Kerswell, Alexander W
Schneider, Mitchell H
Henry, Sam R
Harding, Peter R
Gimpel, Jeremy
Olsen, Charlie
Stewart, Lachlan
Baker, Max F
Coleman, Darcy
Smit, Matthew J
Doessel, Hugo A
Quigley, Max
12. Reserve
Cook, Kyle T
10. Reserve
Littleton, Ben
Does East's have any colts in the Reds u20 squad?

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Norths Prem Colts had Brothers for a large part of the game on the weekend. Take Norths lightly at your own peril. Very good set pieces. Depth and injury will be their issue. If they can keep intact would not surprise to see them push for a semi spot.
Norths play Bond this weekend. Bond was pretty flat on the field against East's 15-14 (3 tries to 2), quite a few changes in the game which resulted in the fwd pack being pushed around a little. 2 good breaks in the centre (13) resulted in a couple of tries for the Bond wings and a runaway try to (6) loose fwd. No real fireworks but I guess it is the first game and hopefully the team can build on it.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
If Richie Asiata returns from injury into the 20's, James Gall will return to the Front row for Easts. Liam Wright is also from East and will return after the 20's finish.
That would make a big difference to the team in a couple of weeks.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Playing at 12.30 in 30 degree + heat is just dumb.
If the rugby is not particularly high skill i cant blame the boys.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Huge result for the Filth to knock off Uni at St Lucia on the weekend.
2 out of 2 to start the season.
Now they get to take on a red-hot Bank team also with 2 wins on the board.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Playing at 12.30 in 30 degree + heat is just dumb.
If the rugby is not particularly high skill i cant blame the boys.

It was 33 degrees at St Lucia....no river breeze there!

But all the boys survived it. Thank God

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Huge result for the Filth to knock off Uni at St Lucia on the weekend.
2 out of 2 to start the season.
Now they get to take on a red-hot Bank team also with 2 wins on the board.

Yeah another very good game by the filth. Uni looked very good in the first half with some excellent tries and moves; and for a fleeting moment you felt that they may just run away with it, but they didn't. Brothers came back with a late first half try. I think half time was 12-10 Uni's way.?

The second half was also close with no particular team dominating for any length of time. Uni had the structure and the play makers, whilst Brother's had the "street fighter" grit the club is famous for.

Probably the turning point in the match was later in the second half when Rueben "Carter" Wall was sent to the bin. Being a person of thought and having given more cheek then Bronwyn Bishop has frequent flyer points, (no wait) more cheek than a baboon's arse (that's it), he decided that he would bait an ol' mate. Well he got the response which resulted in another yellow card (Sam Wallace) and a melee erupted for several minutes. Had Sam not been binned I think Uni may have scrapped home as they had the field position and the momentum at that point in the game.

However that was not to be..... Uni lost something after that and a late try to Brothers capped off a well deserved win.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
The Sunnybank game is at Brothers the week after Easter (the 2nd of April, I think) and should be a cracker.

I have my money on the filth to continue their run for the moment. There are a number of players coming back including Harry Hoppert, Tom Zappala, Liam Richman and Connor Storck.

I know there are a number of others playing u20 Reds but I think they are playing senior grade, but I'm not sure.

mr pls

Allen Oxlade (6)
Anyone have eyes on easts vs wests game? Close score and a red card to wests sounds like the doggies brought easts into a dogfight and came out second best if you ask me.

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
Second hand info...
Wests were down to 14 from about 15/20mins with the 10 getting red carded and were leading 12-5 with about 5mins to go. Dropped the ball over the line to finish the tie...Easts went coast to coast to score from the resultant scrum and tie it up and then the 13 from Easts kicked a pen on the buzzer to win it 15-12.
Bloody hell it is a tight comp this year...tight between Souths and Bank, Easts/Bond, Easts/Wests, Uni/Bros, Bond/Norths etc...excellent.
Bro's prob the pick of the teams at the moment with Bank/Uni close behind but some of the others could knock them off at any stage.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Mine, from a biased perspective:

Filth
UNI
Bond
Bank
Easts
Wests
Souths
Norths
GPS

I have no daylight and "no one-legged u9 girls" there either. Think the top five are fairly evenly matched, and more than a few games will be won at the last minute. Reminds me a little of the GPS competition last year: It was "up in the air" until probably R5 there. Injury and the club players depth will have a hand in the final positioning and results.

Status
Not open for further replies.