• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
If you read correctly Sage, you might ascertain that I was pointing out that you know nothing about what Wests is doing and I was attempting to nicely make that clear!
Again good luck to all teams and you might want to consider that I have not commented on the other teams like you did and how they run! Or mock Wests now Brothers are top like you did!
Now as before I consider move on and any comments you consider rude has not come from me and will not come from me as believe or not actually I am mature.so try not to bite young man x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a problem with that.

properjob

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'm not 100% sure but I think they came second. Think Wests are the minor premiers. Congratulations to them

Correct Sage, should be a great day at Ballymore! Can't beat a bit of finals footy!

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm not 100% sure but I think they came second. Think Wests are the minor premiers. Congratulations to them

My Mistake.

Believed that brothers had it wrapped up with simply a win.

I guess I need to congratulate the Premier Colts at the Kennel then.

I'll be the first to admit I never saw this outcome coming down the turnpike for our Premier Colts. Well deserved.

The Major Semi Final of Brothers vs Wests will be a cracker! The Winner goes straight to the GF and the loser will face a formidable Red Heavies (my prediction) the following week.

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Congratulations bulldogs for a well fought season to be crowned minor Premier Colts for 2017.
No doubt the focus is surely on the semis next week. May the force be with you as Brothers in arms will also be a force to be reckon with.
Looking forward to some tacktical adjustments from; set pieces to how the off side will be monitored :).

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hi All,​
Congrats to Wests, an outstanding job done by all coaches and players. A very well coached team with an excellent skillset across the park.​
My predictions,​
Brothers v Wests, Brothers have players coming back and lots of depth, and lots of experienced players who are used to playing these high pressure games, I predict Brothers by 10, could be wrong come Sunday.​
Uni v the bank - the bank have great systems and are always a threat, but i just think Uni will be too strong, Uni by 16.​
Second week​
Wests vs Uni, it kills me but i think Uni by 14. I think Wests just not have the depth needed to beat Uni in such a big game. So sorry Wests, you deserve better​
Grand final Uni vs Brothers. Injuriies and depth from previous weeks will be an issue and for that reason, the week off, I predict Brothers by 8.​
Its just my opinion and I could be wrong, just what I think.​

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Think it will be a bit closer Brothers v Wests; but I'm going Brothers by 5. Talking to the Brothers boys on Saturday they said Wests pushed them very hard, but I think depth of players maybe the difference.

Watched the game on the weekend (Brothers v The Bank) and Brothers did it fairly easily even though their pack was a lot smaller. Could of scored a few more. I think The Bank guys are not as mobile and probably not as fit as others. This will make them struggle against UQ who know how to score when allowed. UQ by 20.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Think the GF will be Brothers v UQ in both prems and Colts 1.

Watched UQ play the weekend and they have some handy players in the team, Meni, Walis, Tate, Farrel, Nasser & Setu all players that trial'd at Qld u20's this year with the exception of Tate. I pip them to take the final.

properjob

Allen Oxlade (6)
Watched UQ play the weekend and they have some handy players in the team, Meni, Walis, Tate, Farrel, Nasser & Setu all players that trial'd at Qld u20's this year with the exception of Tate. I pip them to take the final.

I respect your opinion chaps and finals can definitely go anyway!
But IMO if Wests struggled on depth they would not have won the Minor premiership! I put that down to hard work and a bloody good S&C program (sorry Sage mentioned the P word again :)

It's true they may not have the numbers of others but what they do have is the talent!

Good luck to all and Go the doggies

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
I respect your opinion chaps and finals can definitely go anyway!
But IMO if Wests struggled on depth they would not have won the Minor premiership! I put that down to hard work and a bloody good S&C program (sorry Sage mentioned the P word again :)

It's true they may not have the numbers of others but what they do have is the talent!

Good luck to all and Go the doggies

Should be a good game if they both end up in the finals. Program vs Recruitment, damn mentioned the "p" word too and threw in an "r" for good measure.

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
Some real excitement in this weekends games after one of the tightest comps in memory at the top. Congratulations to the minor premiers Wests...I remember 3 or so years ago they had to forefeet a game at St Lucia because of a depleted team. My how the tables have turned. Well done to them and their coaching staff and management.
Now down to the pointy end of the season I'm going for wins for the Heavies and.....Wests(by the smallest of margins, but to win nonetheless) then a Brothers-UQ showdown next Sunday.
Sincerely wishing everyone all the best this weekend. You gotta love this game

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
From Reds Website
Colts 1
Major Semi Final Brothers 20 d University of Queensland 19
Minor Semi Final Bond University 22 d Sunnybank 18

Colts 2
Major Semi Final Brothers 29 d University of Queensland 26
Minor Semi Final Easts 24 d Wynnum 21

Colts 3Major Semi Brothers 22 d GPS 21

Status