• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Country v NSW Country Eagles - NRC Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah, Kellaway getting a heap of space. NSW Country are finding lots of room wide.

NSW Country knock on, Qld gets the turnover, break upfield and score out wide.

16 - 5, conversion missed.

Not a bad game.

NSW Country look the more lively of the teams though.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Kellaway with another, Qld fullback (I think) drops a relatively easy high kick, NSW country go wide, Tala Gray offloads to Kellaway inside to dive over the line.

Tala Gray is at 6, Hoiles at 8 by the way.

21 - 5, conversion missed.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Qld scrum on top, make a break into the red zone but NSW get an isolated carrier. Qld half back chose the wrong option, should have settled or gone the other way - they were outnumbered on that side.

NSW is really lucky Walsh isn't blowing up their scrum, they are under real pressure.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
lQLwxo9t.png

Bond University Queensland Country
Coach: Steve Meehan
Captain: Anthony Fainga’a

Lineup:

1. Haydn Hirsimaki, 2. Ryan Freney, 3. Greg Holmes (vc), 4. ̶C̶a̶m̶e̶r̶o̶n̶ ̶B̶r̶a̶c̶e̶w̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶ Rubin Fuimaono, 5. Sam Fattal, 6. James Turner, 7. Beau Robinson, 8. Ben Adams;

9. Scott Gale, 10. Matt Brandon, 11. Pierce Fitzgerald, 12. Anthony Fainga’a (c), 13. Clyton Knox, 14. Tom Pincus, 15. Todd Winkley.

16. Tonga Ma’afu, 17. Kirwan Sanday, 18. Fred Burke, 19. Dan Gorman (late incl.), 20. Mitch King, 21. Jack de Guingand, 22. James Tuttle, 23. Campbell Magnay.

J3XGpDC.png

Charles Sturt University NSW Country
Coach: Darren Coleman
Captain: Matthew Carraro

Lineup:

1. Ben Suisala, 2. Ryan Dalziell, 3. Mike Allaalatoa, 4. Ben Matwijow, 5. Cameron Treloar, 6. Steven Hoiles, 7. Will Miller, 8. Tala Gray;

9. Mick Snowden, 10. Sam Windsor, 11. Andrew Kellaway, 12. Kuki Maafu, 13. Matt Carraro (c), 14. Ethan Ford, 15. Pat Dellit.

16. Duncan Chubb, 17. Will Weekes, 18. Clay Brodie, 19. Mitch Chapman, 20. Pauli Tuala, 21. Darcy Etrich, 22. Ed Stubbs, 23. Samu Wara.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
Does anyone know the name of the Queensland Country locks? I'm enjoying the work of the number 4. Big bald guy who just hits rucks.

Edit: Scratch that, just saw the team-sheet posted above.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
NSW with a 5m scrum, Qld scrum wins a penalty.

I think Gale has made a few poor decisions for Qld.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Qld dominating the scrum, but NSW dominating the lineout. Qld can't get clean ball. Knock on this one, messy out the back the previous.

S

saulih

Watching in the early AM from the opposite side of the world...

Resolution on my feed could be better but still loving it regardless.

Here is hoping that QLD can pull it together for a win.

S

saulih

When did they take the 2? I thought it was three tries to NSW (with one converted), with one to Queensland. I might be getting confused by the new scoring system though.

They attempted a shot at goal from a penalty right on half time - unsuccessful

Status
Not open for further replies.