• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Couple of upsets out at BBC today. GT won 12A by 2 handing BBC their first ever loss and BBC won the 16As. the blowout in 14As was also a surprise.
BBC won 11a,14A,15A,16A and 2nds.
Congrats both teams in firsts for great game of exciting rugby.oh what might have been if Ikatu was playing against Eddie.
lucas - great feet.

Some really good footy at Toowong today 11.12,13 a.s all tough fought close games, I missed the 14s (luckily) 15 was an excellent game sadly with uncontested scrums with GT missing its entire tight five, 16a a great upset victory to BBC to end GT's title hopes.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
Wow. Truly amazing. I can't believe 4 non-presbyterian schools are still in the running for the premiership at the end of round 8. You just never know whats going to happen in GPS rugby :')

Correct and the 3 boys transferring from the undefeated BSHS 14A team to GT are full fee paying .
Still have not worked out if Red Black and Red Black Red are 2 different posters.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Correct and the 3 boys transferring from the undefeated BSHS 14A team to GT are full fee paying .
Still have not worked out if Red Black and Red Black Red are 2 different posters.
I hear GT is after the whole team ... and they are all going ...lol...After our BBC bet the 14A's they might want to bluff some more parents

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)

You mean just the one BSHS student is moving to GT right, because if its three no one at BSHS knows about the other two.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Made a phone call when I saw the 14A score, GT missed their 10 is seems and played a prop at centre! I'm told it was a disaster.
The prop was a centre until 2 games ago so wasn't out of place, played well too. A few errors were costly but BBC are a good team and deserved the win. There 10 controlled the game well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
The prop was a centre until 2 games ago so wasn't out of place, played well too. A few errors were costly but BBC are a good team and deserved the win. There 10 controlled the game well.

Ah then I know who they're talking about then, I don't think he should be a back.

On a side note, loved the facilities at NC today (first time out there). They really have first class grounds (well the top two ovals anyway). Maybe only GT and BGS rival them for the total grounds.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Think he will end up at 8. Strong ball runner and will be good off the back of the scrum.

Lemno

Frank Row (1)
Some really good footy at Toowong today 11.12,13 a.s all tough fought close games, I missed the 14s (luckily) 15 was an excellent game sadly with uncontested scrums with GT missing its entire tight five, 16a a great upset victory to BBC to end GT's title hopes.

I agree B&g on the 11/12/13 games. All closely contested and played in good spirit. I thought it was a good day of quality rugby at Toowong.

it's just rugy

Frank Row (1)

Seriously - only know of one who is a great kid who is leaving BSHS - and it is a loss, such a great kid.

No news on the other rumours - what ever the rumours are am sure BSHS have a swag of great kids on the wait list.....
Money spent does not win you everything.......

High cut boots

Frank Nicholson (4)
Thankyou Mr Lucas for showing BBC how to use the wind to kick and put pressure on opposition.At 27-17 the match was there for bbc but if you cant find touch and cant win your own lineouts then you cannot expect to win.
Exciting rugby by bitteams. Lucas and Eddie were standouts.

Thought BBC played a well for the first 50 minutes, aggressive at the breakdown taking advantage of some average terrace defence deserved to be up 27-17. Looked like a bit of stage fright set in after that letting terrace back into the game. Credit to Terrace for maintaining their patience.
Not sure how long Lucas and Eddie have been playing together but looked like for many years. Lucas was continually looking to isolate a defender and slip his speed man into space of which he doesn't need much. Would like to know how many defenders Eddie has put in hospital with broken ankles from being turned inside out this season.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Thought BBC played a well for the first 50 minutes, aggressive at the breakdown taking advantage of some average terrace defence deserved to be up 27-17. Looked like a bit of stage fright set in after that letting terrace back into the game. Credit to Terrace for maintaining their patience.
Not sure how long Lucas and Eddie have been playing together but looked like for many years. Lucas was continually looking to isolate a defender and slip his speed man into space of which he doesn't need much. Would like to know how many defenders Eddie has put in hospital with broken ankles from being turned inside out this season.

Agreed on above. BBC in first half just cut holes in GT defence after scoring one of the fastest tries I have ever seen in GPS rugby. But in second half GT starved BBC of ball and the BBC players went into their shell and seemed too one dimensional. I know they were without a string of playmakers and it showed. Lucas and Eadie were just incredible.

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)
BBC 10 should've played to conditions in the first half, it was howling and yet he opted to run, they struggled to get outta their half a few times as the terrace back row played havoc in the tackle ball area. They were magnificent! BBC fullback was caught out a few times on defence. Bad game plan BBC

Willie-John McBride

Herbert Moran (7)
Yep wonder why he was moved from the backs to prop...
BBC 10 contolled well but honestly they should have done a lot better the GT backline was just directionless..the highly touted BBC 12/13 was very quiet...agree GT missed their 10 and under rated player who flys under the radar with the talent outside him

Status
Not open for further replies.