• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
TSS will lead this game early. The BSHS boys will fight back off the backs of their excellent back row but be thwarted by TSS defence and squally showers. I am picking TSS by 5-8 points.

At Tennyson, NC will run riot in the first half but GT will wake up and close out a joint premiership

Wet weather changes things for me.

Both TSS and BSHS are well suited to the rain, but State High are the most physical team in the competition. I think the rain delivers BSHS a solo premiership, but no-one is going to lead by much on the day.

TSS have developed a really bad habit of starting poorly in 2016, but I think with the stakes so high they'll be ready from the get go this week.

I've also got to switch up the favourites tag for Nudgee v GT. Terrace will have to switch up the gameplan that has been so successful for them this year with that Chiefs/Crusaders style counter-attack. The wet will stop the Terrace backs from seizing control, so if they can't stick to their guns and are forced to play Nudgee at their own game, I can't see Terrace winning.

Which is a shame because I think the team is talented enough to deservedly finish first or second.

Screen Shot 2016-09-10 at 2.30.28 AM.png

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
King great commentary. Anyone can win this one; battle of the Nudgee scrum v GT #10 kicking v NC #10 kicking a goal.

GT had the wind in the first half?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Good win today for Terrace. They scrapped hard, played intelligent footy. They didn't give up in the scrums after NC dominance in the first half.

For NC good effort. Intensity in the backs let them down a little as did the kicking. Forwards also couldn't maintain their first half dominance and GT started winning multiple breakdowns.

Really good footy in trying conditions. Well done to both schools, particularly our little brother (in rugby) GT. I believe it is the first time since 2004 ?, and considering the closeness of the last 3 years well deserved.

MongoRahRahFilth

Bob McCowan (2)
Unlucky to our NC boys . Well done to all for a hotly contested season of GPS rugby. Congrats to the winners. After watching the U15 & U16 today Next year and the year after are going to be great years for the Mighty Blue & Whites.

How I miss my schoolboys rugby days

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
BSHS 29 d TSS 24

Sent from my SM-G920I

Watched the last quarter of this match, simply a try feast. Good running rugby. TSS were desperately unlucky after being down so far.

Well done to BSHS as they didn't give up on their dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.