• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
My Dear Mr King
You have seen a lot of Gps rugby but surely with the monster new boy this TSS pack is the biggest you have seen?
Day
Meyer
Siggs
Blyth (202cm)
Merevo
etc

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
My Dear Mr King
You have seen a lot of Gps rugby but surely with the monster new boy this TSS pack is the biggest you have seen?
Day
Meyer
Siggs
Blyth (202cm)
Merevo
etc

Serious question - who is the "monster" new boy you speak of? Seems to be a lot of talk about him, either: 1. He wasn't at the GPS trials 2. He's actually not that big and hence I couldn't pinpoint him 3. Orrr this "monster" isn't actually at TSS

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
CJ , Yes it's been a slow weekend and after a Sunday afternoon vino or two, let's stir the pot after a boring weekend of no footy.
From the lads I've seen running around to date, BSHS would be hands down the biggest pack this season. Which by the way doesn't mean they are the best as I'd rather have a bunch of Sam Whitelocks rather than Will Skeltons.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I'm at the unfortunate position of not having seen any teams play this year, in person or on tape, so I can't comment on the TSS boys.

I saw a photo of Tipene Mavoa with Ben Te'o the other day, and they could almost be identical in size.

The "monster" isn't a monster in terms of size, SamoanNo8. I'd be surprised if he was taller than six foot. He's an incredible athlete in terms of power, speed, seemingly endurance (from his highlight reel, 80m tries from a front rower)... His gym numbers are simply incredible - the envy of hardened NRL players, per an article I posted a few pages back. Plus the fact that he's a former state swim champion, was ranked 8 in the world in his weight division in Judo, played Brumbies and Raiders underage rep rugby.

One of the most athletic front rowers I've seen at any level. Not so much a monster but a BEAST

Taipan

Chris McKivat (8)
12104e6dce0928964fd9561c34adfa0d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
I heard from a few NC boys at Souths that BBC play Souths Colts on Saturday.
it seems everyone is back playing for BBC except for the numbers 6, 10 and Ikatu.Wonder how much time the Qld selectors will give him to get better?
Surely if fit-he has a lock on 13 for Qld 1.

Jack Hardy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Any idea why BBC 1st XV would be playing against a colts side, given all other teams are playing TSS. I am sure TSS 1st XV are thrilled to have to arrange an alternative game.

How are BBC getting around the two year window?

Sean McCain

Stan Wickham (3)
All BGS sides are playing trial matches against Downlands College this Saturday at Downlands. Most age groups have 2-3 teams apart from the 16s only having 16A.

Status
Not open for further replies.