• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
TSS at High will be a cracker Country Jack

And at NC

Two tough away games for you guys ..........which is why I like High over TSS for the premiership

Until BBC's injuries yesterday I didn't give the God botherers much of a serious chance given that they had to do TGS away , then BBC at home before facing the other bunch of God botherers at home in the final round.

I thought Round 8 would decide it ( definitively ) but I now feel TSS at High and NC at GT in the last round will be the critical deciders

I

Ippy 15As

Cracker of a debut for #7 Will Borger (BGS) making good hits and sizing up against much bigger boys. If he gets a bit more size for next year he will be one to look out for.

He completely shut down harry Willson, good job by him

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
No BGS player was efficient in shutting down any terrace player. Period.

The scoreline dictates that. Numbers 10,3,1 and 8 (Obviously) held themselves well in play although the BGS scrum began to obliterate in the second half. (1,3)

TGS and BBC are two major danger games for this GT side.

RedBlackRed

Frank Row (1)
Just reminding you that GT has not beaten BBC in 3 years and you were probably one of the GT people who left early last year when the margin got out to over 25 points before GT got a couple of consolation tries when the reserves came on.

In fairness, BBC beating Terrace has only become a relatively recent phenomenon. 4 years ago, BBC was rubbish. It wasn't until they decided to pull the finger out and bring in players (and on mass) that things have changed. Also that program they have implemented (like NC apparently) where they bring in kids to split their senior education over 3 years so that they can bolster their opens stocks with 18year olds. That shouldnt be allowed. Nonetheless, this years match between GT and BBC should be a cracker

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Yes . Senior School is now regarded as Grade 10, 11 and 12

GT also have done well bringing many stray lambs into the flock as well . A bit more behind the 8 ball than BBC in terms of timing but in for a penny in for a pound as they realised hard drilling on hammer and a reliance of moral purity just wasn't enough

Touchline

Frank Row (1)
Yes . Senior School is now regarded as Grade 10, 11 and 12

GT also have done well bringing many stray lambs into the flock as well . A bit more behind the 8 ball than BBC in terms of timing but in for a penny in for a pound as they realised hard drilling on hammer and a reliance of moral purity just wasn't enough

That's true for the younger years, but in GT's first XV this year there is only one full scholarship player, and one half scholarship player.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Debate all you like about the First XV, but I'm disinclined to believe OTT praise of Borger. His mates have been pumping him up very hard all through this thread. If he's reading this, I'd tell them to chill out - let other supporters figure out what you're about.

I've just been handed the footage of Brisbane Grammar's Second XV flyhalf Lachlan Hewitt kicking a clutch conversion from the sideline to win the game.

Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whisperer

Frank Nicholson (4)
In fairness, BBC beating Terrace has only become a relatively recent phenomenon. 4 years ago, BBC was rubbish. It wasn't until they decided to pull the finger out and bring in players (and on mass) that things have changed. Also that program they have implemented (like NC apparently) where they bring in kids to split their senior education over 3 years so that they can bolster their opens stocks with 18year olds. That shouldnt be allowed. Nonetheless, this years match between GT and BBC should be a cracker
Sure Tom will fill the pipeline with league players for you guys.

Whisperer

Frank Nicholson (4)
With TSS having a bye and working in Brisbane this morning I thought I would travel out to Fursden Rd
My observations( And I did not care who won)
1): The ref was poor : very poor - A lot of penalties against BBC and his refusal to police the off side line ruined a good spectacle.
2) the BSHS backline defence was continually off side but was also brutal ;
3) BSHS looked out on their feet just after halftime and going downwind I expected BBC to kick to corners and frustrate BSHS out of the match- but strange tactics and 3 serious injuries changed that;
4) number 5 Hosea went off with concussion and BBC knocked back 3 penalties in front and proceeded to lose all 3 lineouts.!! why do they keep throwing to the back?? they then lost the ball over the line and BSHS nearly scored a long range try.14 Simpson stopped the try and hurt his shoulder;
5) 13 Ikatu had scored a try and looked dangerous and then he got a serious leg injury . BBC unravelled from there including 2 players jumping into each other and knocking on the final kickoff
6) BSHS showed a lot of heart in defence ( even if they pushed the off- side)but BBC will rue a poor set piece , losing 6 lineouts ( including 3 that were 5 mtrs out) and not taking penalties

Looks like serious injuries to 3 of the BBC stars as well.
Agree about the ref
Just watched the game and it was worse than poor. How do you caution a player for a shoulder charge?? Listen to the feed!! It is not a penalty mate it is a yellow card.
BAD
and then you let two late league hits go without penalty???

You should not be Redding GPS games as in the last three games I have watched you read at you have favoured the home team.

bear

Herbert Moran (7)
With TSS having a bye and working in Brisbane this morning I thought I would travel out to Fursden Rd
My observations( And I did not care who won)
1): The ref was poor : very poor - A lot of penalties against BBC and his refusal to police the off side line ruined a good spectacle.
2) the BSHS backline defence was continually off side but was also brutal ;
3) BSHS looked out on their feet just after halftime and going downwind I expected BBC to kick to corners and frustrate BSHS out of the match- but strange tactics and 3 serious injuries changed that;
4) number 5 Hosea went off with concussion and BBC knocked back 3 penalties in front and proceeded to lose all 3 lineouts.!! why do they keep throwing to the back?? they then lost the ball over the line and BSHS nearly scored a long range try.14 Simpson stopped the try and hurt his shoulder;
5) 13 Ikatu had scored a try and looked dangerous and then he got a serious leg injury . BBC unravelled from there including 2 players jumping into each other and knocking on the final kickoff
6) BSHS showed a lot of heart in defence ( even if they pushed the off- side)but BBC will rue a poor set piece , losing 6 lineouts ( including 3 that were 5 mtrs out) and not taking penalties

Looks like serious injuries to 3 of the BBC stars as well.
For someone that didn't care who won Countryjack, you didn't write a hell of a lot of positives for the winning team here. Are you sure you weren't just a little bit one eyed?

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
On a positive note, it was great watching ex-Nudgee Australian Sevens rep Damon Murphy referee a thrilling IGS v TGS clash on the weekend.

Damon showed great judgement for when to hold off blowing the whistle, which is a great skill in refereeing IMO. Just one or two head-scratchers, which is great for a bloke who must have only taken up refereeing recently.

All up, it wasn't about him and he refereed accordinglyA fine performance behind the whistle. Nic Berry and Glen Jackson will have some company in the former-players-turned-referees category.

RedandBlackArmy

Frank Row (1)
If you have seen any of the footage from what the penalty was for (which they kicked the winning points of) , I would like to hear your opinion, cause I genuanly can't didnt see the what it was given for.

The ref said a high tackle or something but i couldn't see it either. she also was the touchie for the firsts game and missed some pretty blatant calls in my opinion

Red & Black

Frank Row (1)
i can report that Harry Wilson, the 2nd row from GT and picked in the Aust barbarians has been approached by a few NRL clubs, having identified him as a destructive ball runner with the best off load in the competition. His 2 off loads for tries to Eadie and JJ the replacement winger were out of this world. One of those NRL clubs is South Sydney, who he follows and will seriously consider. however, he is only in year 11, i hope QLD rugby put out all stops to retain him in the code.

I've also heard Eadie, who is the Australian Schools and GT winger has been approached by the Broncs and has been offered a lot more than the reds did and is looking for a move to league straight after he finishes school. If i was in the reds admin, I'd do my best to keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.