• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
IGS def ACGS,
Churchie's forward pack made Nudgee's look good in the trials, so even though I haven't IGS this year, I'll go for Ippy on this one.
TSS def TGS
TSS look the good's this year and I expect them to come out firing.
BSHS def GT
GT couldn't handle the Nudgee forwards last week in the mid field towards the end of the game. BSHS forwards are at least 10kegs heavier per forward, nuf said.
NC def BGS
Apart from a diabolical scrum, NC are looking like they'll be there or there abouts. No chocolates for Grammar.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
A new season of GPS rugby is upon us. The poofta ball is done, the tennis racquets are safely zipped up and stored with the pink, sleeveless sweaters and the real, nazi GPS parents are set loose on the sidelines of footy fields all over South East Qld. Vicarious meets Physcopath and it all plays out in another Brisbane GPS rugby season. I'm so excited I could slap a Churchie dad!
Speaking of which...

Churchie vs Ipswich Grammar
The west plays the east. $2000 per month car leases meet 4th hand Holdens. Cold pies against cucumber sandwiches. Bourbon meets expensive gin. I know who I want to win!
Go the red and white. It's time you hand that wooden spoon back to BGS - the rightful owners. Surely Churchie can't go 3 in a row. Surely?
Churchie by 9

TSS vs TGS
I don't know why anyone would think chambray shirts, maroon ties and jeans look good, but there will be people walking around with that on all over Southport on Saturday. I would have thought terry towling hats, boardies, thongs and foam eskies would be a better coaches uniform. But that's just me I'm a traditionalist. Fashion aside this will be close and tough. The Southport bridesmaids have been in the mix the last couple of years and they think this is their season. However, the lads from the range will have other ideas and are tougher than Pauline Hanson's undies this year. Blood will flow and T-ba will get their nose in front, but Southport will be a little too classy.
Chambray shirts by 5

Nudgee Vs BGS
Alright all you Grammar supporters time for you to prove me wrong. From the trial I saw I can tell you the BGS boys are pretty slick this year. But you drew the Blue and White first up - worse luck. A warm up against Downlands or the Year 9 Girls Grammar touch team would have been a better option for round 1. I'd like to see a throw back to the Sam Greene era but I think you'll just see a whole lot of Grammar boys throwing up after a partly heated batch of sausage rolls causes a salmonella outbreak at 1.55pm on Saturday.
NC by 15

State High Vs Terrace
I think I will venture out to DeMountable Stadium on Saturday and watch this one. The two greyhounds of the competition meet. Should be a quick game if the track isn't too wet, or the NSW Premier doesn't get there first and outlaw them from playing after accusing coaches of both teams of live baiting and euthanizing the slower participants after training on Thursday.
State High by 18

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Welcome back WW.

Stade de Mountable is out of action this week - State High are throwing back to happier times for Old Boys day. They're playing in the Colosseum at the School. Should be a spectacular venue - I strongly recommend everyone who is able to attend to head along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
TSS v TGS teamlists

27700083793_bb1dc23e5e_b_d.jpg

Slimjim1966

Frank Nicholson (4)
ACGS
TSS
BSHS
NC

Does anyone have the BGS v NC teams?

Not sure of all positions but from what I hear

BGS

New boy
Eiselze
Masselos
Arthur
?
Shepered
?
McReight
Whip
Hogan
?
Shaw
Gilbert
Baker
Traves

If correct i feel for Straker , thought he looked good in the trials I saw

Darvo

Peter Burge (5)
Not sure of all positions but from what I hear

BGS

New boy
Eiselze
Masselos
Arthur
?
Shepered
?
McReight
Whip
Hogan
?
Shaw
Gilbert
Baker
Traves

If correct i feel for Straker , thought he looked good in the trials I saw

Friends son tells me that Harry Deveraux will be playing 6 for BGS and has been a mongrel at training and the trials.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
What is it with Qld rugby. something stinks when 2 of the best and certainly the 2 biggest( both 203cm)boys in Blyth of TSS and Hosea of BBC do not try out for Qld Schools?

Status
Not open for further replies.