• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clayman

Frank Row (1)
Very entertaining game at Toowong could have gone either way. Congrats to BBC but could not understand why TGS only used one sub at number 12. Lots of exhausted forwards going down with cramps no fresh legs on to help out. BBC bought on 3 big boppers which seemed to lift their game when needed.The last BBC try scored while TGS had one man in the bin and one down injured, try brilliantly converted from the touch line by the 9. TGS way to good a side to be winless.

BBC V TGS was a great game and both sides should be congratulated on playing some great Rugby. I also agree that it was evident that such a hard fought game played a toll on both sides towards the end. It is fairly easy to see that depth of players at BBC is over the top this year. I guess that it offers them the luxury of late substitutions for impact. The 2nds appeared a massive side who looked like the 1st XV when they ran on! The 2nds are reportadly packed with lads on sporting bursaries (up to 50 % of the 2nds it has been said), I would stand corrected if its not the case. TGS subsituted their 10 (after he cramped up) with lad from the 16's.
The BBC Rugby is doing a great job and has had a huge turn around in 4 years.
Dare I say however "the best cheque-book was the difference" at Toowong on Saturday.

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
Yes it is amazing how these rumours start and get blown out of proportion.

I heard that BBC 1st XV had every intention of walking behind the Piper on the weekend and they will continue to do so in the future.

The coach just has been trying to find a "Conch Shell" to replace the bagpipes and hasn't yet been able to do it. Just so the boys feel at home. If anyone has one can they let him know please.
The boys wanted to walk down the hill BUT were told by the coach that the walk was too long and their adrenaline would be pumping too much before the game started and they would not be able to play a good 2nd half.
Interesting when TGS scored a try in the first 2 mins.
Maybe they needed that extra adrenaline.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
The boys wanted to walk down the hill BUT were told by the coach that the walk was too long and their adrenaline would be pumping too much before the game started and they would not be able to play a good 2nd half.
Interesting when TGS scored a try in the first 2 mins.
Maybe they needed that extra adrenaline.

Dear 4th xv mum.
Can we get back to Rugby. Good old BBC -you can always count on them to turn on themselves= no culture.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
BBC V TGS was a great game and both sides should be congratulated on playing some great Rugby. I also agree that it was evident that such a hard fought game played a toll on both sides towards the end. It is fairly easy to see that depth of players at BBC is over the top this year. I guess that it offers them the luxury of late substitutions for impact. The 2nds appeared a massive side who looked like the 1st XV when they ran on! The 2nds are reportadly packed with lads on sporting bursaries (up to 50 % of the 2nds it has been said), I would stand corrected if its not the case. TGS subsituted their 10 (after he cramped up) with lad from the 16's.
The BBC Rugby is doing a great job and has had a huge turn around in 4 years.
Dare I say however "the best cheque-book was the difference" at Toowong on Saturday.

\\

Did not help them against TSS 2nd xv.. By the way brother of Corey Oates (Broncos) and the other league boys on "bursaries" at TGS really look good.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
"The BBC Rugby is doing a great job and has had a huge turn around in 4 years."

"
Hey Champ -you need to check your facts: TGS has not beaten BBC since 2012 when a certain Jonah Placid and Phil Potgeiter( full fee paying of course!) ran amok.

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
The team would be more suitable to doing the Haka then walking down the hill behind the Piper, that is the truth, and that is not a racist comment.

There's a difference between truth and an opinion.

Regardless of one's ethnicity, the boys are wearing their colours proudly and the pipes are about those colours and tradition. This isn't a matter of race or culture, but one of school tradition... so your comments are out of place. Nothing to do with political correctness, but rather fact: representing the school and it's traditions. And I saw plenty of that on Saturday as there was a very strong support around the grounds and across the age groups.

A few opinions don't necessarily represent the vast majority.

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)
Move onto the rugby please, that's what this forum is about. It's definitely a tight comp. Leave the other stuff out plz, I'm sure there are players & parents reading these articles so let's enjoy the positive comments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
Move onto the rugby please, that's what this forum is about. It's definitely a tight comp. Leave the other stuff out plz, I'm sure there are players & parents reading these articles so let's enjoy the positive comments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree- & there is a lot of rugby this weekend.

Big trip for the Range Rovers this weekend Mr warren wobble

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Dear " from the Side'
I think you have Countryjack and Gungenia mixed up. Although they both reached the same conclusion(with which I agree) about your use of the term -Haka- they actually each used different adjectives to describe your post.
Why can't you be happy with the improvement in some schools(rather than the big 3 always winning)instead of taking potshots at the improvers.

F

from the side

Dear Blue and White,
Shut up. No one is taking pots shots, you cant just make stuff up and post it.

Wizard668

Frank Row (1)
Way too much drama on here. Anyway, with 4 games down for a lot of teams, who's got some predictions?
I'm calling
High School
GT
TSS
BBC
And an unlucky TGS to follow

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
With the half way point coming up in the comp, there are two undefeated teams, NC and BSHS, and three with one loss (GT, TSS and BBC).

I believe that any one of these five sides could win the premiership, be that outright or shared.

Nudgee probably have the most difficult run in being the only team not to have played another team in the top 5. They will have to pull their socks up after the close win against Ippy on Sat. They could lose four of the next five games if they repeat that performance.

BSHS v NC on Ross in Round 8 may just be the premiership decider.

BSHS have only played one other team in the top 5. They look strong, but with a couple of big and tough games ahead will they have the depth to carry them through. If they get past NC, their last game will be against TSS.

TSS can still do it. A seemingly easier run home than most in the Top 5, their danger game will be NC on Ross in Round 7.

GT achieving a very rare win against TSS (and away as well) have thrown the cat amongst the pigeons. Still have to play TGS up on the range, but if victorious over next four weeks the Nudgee game at Tennyson will be a blockbuster.

BBC have to hang in and believe. They have the team and the depth but have also only played one team in top 5, which they lost. This weekend is their first of a few grand finals when they play Nudgee.

Some great games ahead. Looking forward to them.

Old Rugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
Another quick update on the preseason form guide after four rounds:

16A’s – Battle of today V tomorrow

TSS

GT
NC
IGS TGS

NC & GT will benefit greatly without their immersion programs. IGS were good last year, but I still think at full strength NC and GT are the cream of the crop here. If they are not required to supply too many to the Firsts they should finish top 3 with TSS who usually sport a few new recruits.

BBC could be the surprises here.

Round 2 Update
Wow way off the mark on this one – ACGS looking good and already accounting for IGS and GT, NC looking out of sorts even with little Firsts impact, I’ll also put the watch on TGS rather than BBC.

Round 4 Update
ACGS still looking the goods after flying under (at least) my radar this preseason, GT handed TSS their first loss – A win to NC over AGCS could see a very interesting last round of fixtures. TGS away will test GT greatly, forget IGS and BBC will need to improve to upset any of the top 4.

15As – Oh what might have been?

BSHS TSS
BBC
GT
NC

BSHS look bigger and faster than ever with amazing depth across the age group. BCC remain classy but I defiantly saw some defensive issues being hidden by speed over the last few years and I think BSHS catch them this year. GT are a very good team (IMO the best in the age group) but will miss players and be distracted throughout while NC face the same issues as Terrace but are not quite as good.

No surprise packages here the top 3 are all very good and well balanced – BBC V BSHS should decide the title and it is a shame we won’t see GT at its best.

Hard to change much here yet, other than to say missing a full strength BBC V GT battle is the tragedy of this seasons GPS Competition

GT suffered their first loss in over a year to a ‘near’ full strength TSS who might just be ‘the team’ in this age group now -very big, strong and if the weekend is any guide FIT –BSHS have not come on as I expected with TSS comfortably taking their spot in the top three, NC keep winning against the bottom half of the table, while BBC not as dominant as they once were, still have plenty of class and fight as well as an unbeaten record!

14A’s – The bigger they are the harder they fall

IGS
BSHS
BBC
GT

Same top 4 as last year – but not necessarily in the same order. BBC and GT will be stronger in personnel and on the field and just a little closer than they were last year. This year is probably too soon but I expect a changing of the guard in U15 with BBC rising to the top and GT closing the gap but cruelled by immersion.

TGS if anyone upsets the top 4.

The top two are away and heading towards a monumental clash, while GT threatened to spring an almighty upset in round one, BBC still flying under the radar with the bye (&BGS) and TGS are 2 for 2 against some handy competition.

Wow!!! GT so nearly get the double against BSHS and IGS but in the end come away with nothing, while TGS went one better and held BSHS to a draw only to be beaten by BBC who finally got to make a statement in 2016– main interest now lies in who wins BSHS V IGS, although GT V TGS and BBC V all the top teams should be great games and real guides to how this age group is shaping for future years. Just how good are BBC??

13A’s – Size really does matter

GT
IGS
BSHS ACGS
BBC

GT were easily the pick (and biggest) of the under 12s in 2015 and have some quality new boys arriving as do BBC. IGS and BSHS are always good in 13’s and were pretty good last year in the 12s - IGS field a couple of the hardest tacklers I have seen at this age. I know little of the BSHS new boys but I expect them to be good and big. BBC will probably lack the depth of the top 3 but have some real class, a few worthy workers and could (but probably won’t) beat any of the top three on their day. IGS V GT to decide the title.

ACGS the dark horse with an excellent forward pack but not much size out wide.

Interesting start to the season – GT not looking as dominant as many predicted, but still getting the job done – IGS have deservedly overtaken them for favouritism. BBC have yet to show any of their cards and ACGS have performed extremely well against the (preseason) top 2 – could they go undefeated from here on out.

Well GT stood up against IGS and were a trifle unlucky not to get the prize as did NC, IGS seem to be doing it tough but keep on winning, We all now wait for BBC to show their ‘form’ against the top 4 sides IGS, GT, NC and ACGS. BSHS have been disappointing and are really a mid-table team.

Really looking forward to how this age group matures over the next few seasons – a few teams are (over) relying on size and speed and the 14’s this year have shown how quickly that proves problematic. Must say I have been impressed by ACGS and think with a key addition or two (preferably in the backline) could be the real improvers over the next season or two.
Another quick update on the preseason form guide after four rounds:

16A’s – Battle of today V tomorrow

TSS
GT
NC
IGS TGS

NC & GT will benefit greatly without their immersion programs. IGS were good last year, but I still think at full strength NC and GT are the cream of the crop here. If they are not required to supply too many to the Firsts they should finish top 3 with TSS who usually sport a few new recruits.

BBC could be the surprises here.

Round 2 Update
Wow way off the mark on this one – ACGS looking good and already accounting for IGS and GT, NC looking out of sorts even with little Firsts impact, I’ll also put the watch on TGS rather than BBC.

Round 4 Update
ACGS still looking the goods after flying under (at least) my radar this preseason, GT handed TSS their first loss – A win to NC over AGCS could see a very interesting last round of fixtures. TGS away will test GT greatly, forget IGS and BBC will need to improve to upset any of the top 4.

15As – Oh what might have been?

BSHS TSS
BBC
GT
NC

BSHS look bigger and faster than ever with amazing depth across the age group. BCC remain classy but I defiantly saw some defensive issues being hidden by speed over the last few years and I think BSHS catch them this year. GT are a very good team (IMO the best in the age group) but will miss players and be distracted throughout while NC face the same issues as Terrace but are not quite as good.

No surprise packages here the top 3 are all very good and well balanced – BBC V BSHS should decide the title and it is a shame we won’t see GT at its best.

Hard to change much here yet, other than to say missing a full strength BBC V GT battle is the tragedy of this seasons GPS Competition

GT suffered their first loss in over a year to a ‘near’ full strength TSS who might just be ‘the team’ in this age group now -very big, strong and if the weekend is any guide FIT –BSHS have not come on as I expected with TSS comfortably taking their spot in the top three, NC keep winning against the bottom half of the table, while BBC not as dominant as they once were, still have plenty of class and fight as well as an unbeaten record!

14A’s – The bigger they are the harder they fall

IGS
BSHS
BBC
GT

Same top 4 as last year – but not necessarily in the same order. BBC and GT will be stronger in personnel and on the field and just a little closer than they were last year. This year is probably too soon but I expect a changing of the guard in U15 with BBC rising to the top and GT closing the gap but cruelled by immersion.

TGS if anyone upsets the top 4.

The top two are away and heading towards a monumental clash, while GT threatened to spring an almighty upset in round one, BBC still flying under the radar with the bye (&BGS) and TGS are 2 for 2 against some handy competition.

Wow!!! GT so nearly get the double against BSHS and IGS but in the end come away with nothing, while TGS went one better and held BSHS to a draw only to be beaten by BBC who finally got to make a statement in 2016– main interest now lies in who wins BSHS V IGS, although GT V TGS and BBC V all the top teams should be great games and real guides to how this age group is shaping for future years. Just how good are BBC??

13A’s – Size really does matter

GT
IGS
BSHS ACGS
BBC

GT were easily the pick (and biggest) of the under 12s in 2015 and have some quality new boys arriving as do BBC. IGS and BSHS are always good in 13’s and were pretty good last year in the 12s - IGS field a couple of the hardest tacklers I have seen at this age. I know little of the BSHS new boys but I expect them to be good and big. BBC will probably lack the depth of the top 3 but have some real class, a few worthy workers and could (but probably won’t) beat any of the top three on their day. IGS V GT to decide the title.

ACGS the dark horse with an excellent forward pack but not much size out wide.

Interesting start to the season – GT not looking as dominant as many predicted, but still getting the job done – IGS have deservedly overtaken them for favouritism. BBC have yet to show any of their cards and ACGS have performed extremely well against the (preseason) top 2 – could they go undefeated from here on out.

Well GT stood up against IGS and were a trifle unlucky not to get the prize as did NC, IGS seem to be doing it tough but keep on winning, We all now wait for BBC to show their ‘form’ against the top 4 sides IGS, GT, NC and ACGS. BSHS have been disappointing and are really a mid-table team.

Really looking forward to how this age group matures over the next few seasons – a few teams are (over) relying on size and speed and the 14’s this year have shown how quickly that proves problematic. Must say I have been impressed by ACGS and think with a key addition or two (preferably in the backline) could be the real improvers over the next season or two.
Would be great to see the top two under 16 teams play the curtain raiser to the Aust v South Africa test at Suncorp

Clayman

Frank Row (1)
"The BBC Rugby is doing a great job and has had a huge turn around in 4 years."

"
Hey Champ -you need to check your facts: TGS has not beaten BBC since 2012 when a certain Jonah Placid and Phil Potgeiter( full fee paying of course!) ran amok.
Sorry it was a more a comment highlighting a noticeable improvement across all age groups of BBC rugby compared with 4 or 5 years back, I remember around then when BBC was beaten nearly every game across all age groups on the same fixture
Not wanting to offend sorry just a big change in performances!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clayman

Frank Row (1)
\\

Did not help them against TSS 2nd xv.. By the way brother of Corey Oates (Broncos) and the other league boys on "bursaries" at TGS really look good.

Pretty confident TGS 12 Oates arrived at TGS in grade 8, is a country kid that has been developed as a player by the TGS crew and is not a brother of Corey Oates, but is a cousin, and by the way there are no boys on the supposed league bursaries at TGS you talk of and haven't been for a few years now
I think TSS probably has the best open sides by a margin this year, particularly the 2nds an BBC 2nds will be the next best I've seen so far this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.