• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
ScreenHunter_026.jpg

Shared premiership is on the cards.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
20 was the difference maker for BBC yesterday . Sheer willpower and a snapshot of what real leadership is all about .

BBC's 13 continues to serve notice he is the best centre in QLD Schoolboy Rugby . Hands down.

Depth on display for the Green, White and Black yetserday - something that has historically been a challenge for the program

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Despite the pump up of yesterday's win at Miskin St yetserday ..........BBC can't afford to continue to expose as much of its attack ruck ball and expect to win games. Must plug the ball runner.

If they fix this they might just get there this year

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
The BBC boys looked like they wanted it so much more towards the end . well done to the boys , the bagged pipes got them home . Unlucky to our NC Men but this makes for a very tightly contested competition this year.
In the younger grades the NC U15 and U16 were great games to watch . It was really good to see the talent pool coming through is GPS in both colleges .

There were a number of stand outs the 10 for BBC and the fullback for BBC Played very well in U15 and will be good to see in years to come and the back row and the outside for NC in U15 was great in both defence and attack.

In the U16 the Captain for NC was so dominate and the other Back rower I think (scored a couple) was outstanding as was the Fullback for NC today he is one to watch so light on his feet with such wonderful vision he will be great in years to come for the blue and white scored a try toward the end from nothing , not sure on the NC younger lads names but they were really good . BBC 9 was great and there outside Centre was one to watch also very strong they were unlucky to lose. It was finally good to come out and watch some younger grades play before the seconds and the Firsts , there was much talent in the seconds and not as sloppy as in a few other years , it was as always such a great spectacle at Miskin today for us old Catholic B&W faithful . GPS rugby was really good today all round. Well done to the colleges and was great to see some older old boys out and about today .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Outside centre for the NC U15's is Josh Flook
U16's Captain for NC is Simon Asela and the Back rower you're talking about is Mitch Wood, both of who back up as reserves for the first's.
The fullback Jangala Bennet is a great kid, who I'd love to see playing flyhalf with that skillset.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Question for the refereeing fraternity out there.
Is a quick kick off allowed with a different ball?
My thought is no, as the team kicking off gained a material advantage.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Wow i love parents ..students that rate oyr program highly.. still some work to do at BBC

Realdeal the post match talk by Drahm to players was one of the most inspiring discussions I have ever seen, at least 5 players had tears of joy as they listened, they were pumped whilst he very calmly told them they had achieved something enormous yesterday but reiterated they have a lot of work still to do this season - it was extremely impressive the calmness and sincerity of his speech and the intensity of focus from his players.

I think the accomplishments and culture have come a long way, don't let your issues dilute from that.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Realdeal the post match talk by Drahm to players was one of the most inspiring discussions I have ever seen, at least 5 players had tears of joy as they listened, they were pumped whilst he very calmly told them they had achieved something enormous yesterday but reiterated they have a lot of work still to do this season - it was extremely impressive the calmness and sincerity of his speech and the intensity of focus from his players.

I think the accomplishments and culture have come a long way, don't let your issues dilute from that.
My comments had nothing to do with the first xv ... shane drahm in my opinion is the best coach my far in the gps comp very well suppirt by a great team he has out together .. my comments were on the lower ages we must give credit to the other school and keep working hard. Our culture in the lower ages needs to continue to improve, as well as coaching. So strong school still to come.

MongoRahRahFilth

Bob McCowan (2)
Outside centre for the NC U15's is Josh Flook
U16's Captain for NC is Simon Asela and the Back rower you're talking about is Mitch Wood, both of who back up as reserves for the first's.
The fullback Jangala Bennet is a great kid, who I'd love to see playing flyhalf with that skillset.
Thanks those 3 were clearly the best on the paddock for the NC U16 side and will be dangerous for the remainder of there time at NC. I just might have to get to games a bit earlier if that is the caliber of running rugby on display from the younger boys of the Blue & White, it was a joy to watch the skill set of the 3 mentioned above as well as the skill on display in the seconds game form both sides , sloppy at times as expected but still was great to see such depth. I'm Still upset by the unlucky loss to our Firsts men , fought well but as it stands anyway there was a few other losses so it looks as though the season may still be wide open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
By god did BBC have some awful exiting yesterday. I'd say soon enough that's gonna cause them some deep doo-doo

Funny stuff - both 13s had great games in the firsts yesterday but Ikitau proved to be the difference - his execution of the show and go is all class as is his defence.

Check out the game here if you missed it

31-29 it's a quality game and full credit to NC their players were terrific on and off the field.

Will leave my opinion of the ref to the side, needless to say NC got a lot of favourable calls.

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
I agree the Nudgee boys in all grades were great ambassadors on and off the field. Great spirit. 10 for Nudgee in firsts was very good. As for ref that last penalty for headhigh to Nudgee when the boy slipped into the knees of bbc boy was a shocker .
Very impressed by the improvement in NC 15 A s .( they were pumped in same under 14 match last year) were both props new-.? the one that scored matchwinning try is a real goer.
Whoever coaches bbc 14 A backline take a bow- even the nudgee parent I was with called it scintillating

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
By god did BBC have some awful exiting yesterday. I'd say soon enough that's gonna cause them some deep doo-doo

Already has.Both tries by TSS were from poor midfield kicks. Same as first try for nudgee yesterday. They have the best line out jumper in comp and are being told not to kick it out? Go figure

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Watched some of the younger grades at Grammar on Saturday and whilst many teams were outgunned by bigger, more skilled players in the TSS teams, there is light at the end of the tunnel at Northgate (and it's not a semi coming out of the airport link!).

The teams are obviously well coached and mostly well drilled. Wins to some B and C teams look promising for the future.

Hard to turn Opens around at the end and TSS are always stupidly strong, but a never say die attitude from the boys in blue. None the less.

Bit like the tuckshop mums...easily the most committed in the GPS - keep up the good work girls!

WaltBrisney

Peter Burge (5)
Congratulations to BBC 1st XV on a hard fought win over NC. Surely Yanopa has earned a starting spot in the 1stXV for his scrummaging and his ability to carry the ball for much needed metres. The Number 2 from BBC was also impressive. He will certainly be putting pressure on the incumbent. Ikitau was again outstanding at 13.

Is it possible to call a player into Schoolboys or Barbarians based on performance in the season? If not, I question a system that does not allow boys to demonstrate ability and form over an extended period, which Ikitau has done.

Was that Tom Kibble who caught the kick off above his head in the dying stages to set up the cracking finish? He is a 7 that reminds me of David Croft. He loves putting his head in dark places and has very little regard for his own welfare. Would be an absolute pest to play against.

I know some are having conniptions about the BBC Under 15A losing their match but an error in extra time cost them the game. Better to learn that lesson now than when they are in the 1st XV. Also bear in mind they are missing a very talented centre through injury and a lock/loose forward that has been representing Australia in waterlpolo overseas. Don't write these guys off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom