• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Adams

Frank Nicholson (4)
Any word on how grammar did up the coast?

BGS won by around 7 tries - 3. BGS backs looked handy, some nice tries by the winger and the Fullback is a star in the making. 3 -4 forwards from last years team still on the sideline, not sure of their situation but if they are back for rd 1 i can see a much improved team this year.

2nd xv held their own for the first half but SCCG ran away with it in the end.

Not sure on the younger age groups as my info was coming from someone who was only there in time for the 2xv

TheBoatHat

Frank Row (1)
I hear some GPS schools aren't letting there kids Trial for the Met teams this year , some boys also not choosing to trial?? Can anyone confirm ?

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
I hear some GPS schools aren't letting there kids Trial for the Met teams this year , some boys also not choosing to trial?? Can anyone confirm ?

I think each school has it's own policy. I believe Nudgee and BSHS are big supporters of their boys playing in these rep sides, I am not so sure of the others.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I heard from someone who heard from someone else that Ferris Bueller passed out at 31 Flavours last night

And that TSS have the march on the U15 South Coast Team

IGS are all in -and GT seem to have given the green light . BBC are right

So the only question marks are TGS , Churchie ( Met East ) and Grammar ( Met North )

TGS would be a loss for the Downs region as they have some genuine talent that would combine strongly with a few key Downlands boys who are as good as anyone running around

Churchie and Grammar have a few players each that absolutely should be in the mix in their respective regions , however , you'd probably expect :

1. High to dominate the numbers in Met East selections with a couple of quality additions from Churchie , St Laurences , and 2 or 3 lads from Villa and Iona ( combined ) And maybe 3 or 4 randoms out of the States or smaller private colleges ( one especially , a 7 , from down on the Bay that deserves to be in the mix )

2. Terrace and Nudgee to dominate Met North numbers also with some Marist boys in that mix . Maybe a Pats lad here and a State / smaller private college lad there.

No disrespect to Grammar or Churchie as they each have a 2 to 3 players that deserve to be in the conversation but as to whether they decide to let the boys participate or not it really probably isn't enough to make much of a difference

TheBoatHat

Frank Row (1)
I heard from someone who heard from someone else that Ferris Bueller passed out at 31 Flavours last night

And that TSS have the march on the U15 South Coast Team

IGS are all in -and GT seem to have given the green light . BBC are right

So the only question marks are TGS , Churchie ( Met East ) and Grammar ( Met North )

TGS would be a loss for the Downs region as they have some genuine talent that would combine strongly with a few key Downlands boys who are as good as anyone running around

Churchie and Grammar have a few players each that absolutely should be in the mix in their respective regions , however , you'd probably expect :

1. High to dominate the numbers in Met East selections with a couple of quality additions from Churchie , St Laurences , and 2 or 3 lads from Villa and Iona ( combined ) And maybe 3 or 4 randoms out of the States or smaller private colleges ( one especially , a 7 , from down on the Bay that deserves to be in the mix )

2. Terrace and Nudgee to dominate Met North numbers also with some Marist boys in that mix . Maybe a Pats lad here and a State / smaller private college lad there.

No disrespect to Grammar or Churchie as they each have a 2 to 3 players that deserve to be in the conversation but as to whether they decide to let the boys participate or not it really probably isn't enough to make much of a difference

i believe there is gonna be a very tight race for the number 7 position for Met East with a very talented High boy returning from a lengthy injury, will be interesting to see who will come out with the 7 on there back. Will be great to see the Mets and other regions hit it out due to the range of union talent that will be present in Townsville.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I've just spotted the Queensland Rugby League U15s A and B sides for this year.

10/40 of these boys are already at GPS schools, but I wonder just how many more will be come Seasons 2018/2019.

2017 15 Years Queensland Maroons Team
Rixson Andrew, Coombabah State High School/SOUTH COAST
Joshua Bevan, Palm Beach Currumbin State High School/SOUTH COAST
Syddarys Cassidy, Coombabah State High School/SOUTH COAST
Jayden Clarkson, Wavell State High School/MET NORTH
Caleb Evans, Marsden State High School/MET EAST
Byron Johnson, Brisbane Boys College/MET WEST
Ethan King, Ipswich Grammar School/MET WEST
Jamaine Laei, Ipswich Grammar School/MET WEST
Tristan Pati, Marsden State High School/MET EAST
Brendan Piakura, Coombabah State High School/SOUTH COAST
Brendan Siebuhr, Grace Lutheran College/SUNSHINE COAST
Damon Somerville, Palm Beach Currumbin State High School/SOUTH COAST
Alapati Sooala, Ipswich Grammar School/MET WEST
Jacob Tekii, Coombabah State High School/SOUTH COAST
Grant TuiSamoa, Brisbane State High School/MET EAST
Brocco Uhrle, Wavell State High School/MET NORTH
Keegan Vandenberg, St Joseph's Nudgee College/MET NORTH
Sam Walker, Ipswich Grammar School/MET WEST
Reece Walsh, Keebra Park State High School/SOUTH COAST
Caleb Wells, Ipswich State High School/MET WEST

2017 15 Years Queensland Whites Team
Ediq Ambrosyev, Palm Beach Currumbin State High School/SOUTH COAST
Tyson Booth, Ignatius Park College/NORTHERN
Jake Bourke, Ignatius Park College/NORTHERN
Josh Chappell, Dalby State High School/DARLING DOWNS
Larson Dale-Doyle, Emmaus College/CAPRICORNIA
Caleb Esera, Wavell State High School/MET NORTH
Maconal Grealy, Downlands College/DARLING DOWNS
Izzy Higgins, Palm Beach Currumbin State High School/SOUTH COAST
Alec Jardine, Gympie State High School/WIDE BAY
Isiah Kawane, Kirwan State High School/NORTHERN
Tai Laidlow, Ignatius Park College/NORTHERN
Tito Nofoagatoto'a, St Joseph's Nudgee College/MET NORTH
Ethan Olsen, Wavell State High School/MET NORTH
Byron Parnell, Coombabah State High School/SOUTH COAST
Lukas Ripley, Brisbane Boys College/MET WEST
Ethan Roberts, Good Shepherd Catholic College/NORTH WEST
Tyrone Sa'u, Marsden State High School/MET EAST
Xavier Savage, Trinity Bay State High School/PENINSULA
Samuel Shannon, Robina State High School/SOUTH COAST
Jacob Taia, Kirwan State High School/NORTHERN

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)
IGS must be looking good for the 15 competition with that sort of talent. Of the 10 in the selections how many are the backs? I guess most of the GPS school do not have the league forward?

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)
i believe there is gonna be a very tight race for the number 7 position for Met East with a very talented High boy returning from a lengthy injury, will be interesting to see who will come out with the 7 on there back. Will be great to see the Mets and other regions hit it out due to the range of union talent that will be present in Townsville.

He might be injured again unfortunately. did not play for club

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)

Some are not letting play the club too. Lesson: pick the school that let you play the club as warm up and preparation not handicape.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
The kid running around in the Logan U15 team at 7 shouldn't be discounted for a Met East berth either. Solid player - but hard to get recognised when his team will end up winning 1 game in the half season . Just doesn't get the support he needs elsewhere in his forward pack

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
IGS must be looking good for the 15 competition with that sort of talent. Of the 10 in the selections how many are the backs? I guess most of the GPS school do not have the league forward?

a few of the Nudgee boys tell me 6 for Met west ( A BBC boy) was a certainty for Maroon team until injured.
so that 1st round 15 A bewtween BBC and IGS may well decide premiership .

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I though BBC were the standout team in the U14's last year. IGS will have to be there game to get up in this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
@Blue and White

No denying the talent but if injury prevented selection in Maroon then why select for White ??

Separate question : The path from Wavell still clear ?

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Based on the 2016 RESULTS:
  1. BSHS
  2. IGS
  3. BBC
  4. GT
  5. TGS
  6. NC
  7. TSS
  8. BGS
I dont think much will change with the results this year either. A few changes(imports) does not always translate into instant winning.
The old saying is "A champion team will always beat a team of champions"
The real outcomes will happen when you combine U/16's and yr 12 boys to select your 1st XV.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
He was not selected for White team - he is still injured.
I'm with you now Blue . The lad I was initially thinking of plays 6 for his club team and also copped an injury and is out for a couple of weeks. I hadn't heard anything about the other guy other than he copped a concussion knock

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
Based on the 2016 RESULTS:
  1. BSHS
  2. IGS
  3. BBC
  4. GT
  5. TGS
  6. NC
  7. TSS
  8. BGS
I dont think much will change with the results this year either. A few changes(imports) does not always translate into instant winning.

The old saying is "A champion team will always beat a team of champions"
The real outcomes will happen when you combine U/16's and yr 12 boys to select your 1st XV.

I like GT a lot and they are my favourites for the title. I think TSS will be the big improvers along with NC. I don't think BSHS will figure in the top 4. BBC / GT /IGS for the the title, and TGS to cause some upset. I note you left Churchie out, doesn't change things in any case. Realist- has there been any fresh imports in the TGS under 15's or is it all under 16's?

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I see where SOLE is coming from but the order figures to be shaken up quite a bit this year .Nudgee and Grammar figure to have the highest rate of improvement , but Blanco old pal , TSS will be custodians of this season's wooden spoon

The real Wally

Frank Nicholson (4)
I think TSS and NC will finish higher on the table barring injury to key players. TGS sound like they have not shown great form so far and Churchie will potentially be bottom of the pack. BGS could surprise a few as well. BSHS will be strong with a full starting team. Any injuries and it could be a different picture as the depth is potentially not there. Based on previous posts the 2nds comp could be very strong with some good players being overlooked for a number of schools for the 1sts teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.