• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
^Agree with Grammar coming to mid table next season looks likely

But Terrace's solidity across the ages due to great Coaching ? A couple individuals here and there in " macro " program delivery with a focus on lesser graded teams in an age group here or an age group there - sure. But let's call a spade a shovel Terrace went wholesale a year or two ago . The more pertinent question as to their future prospects in the season after this - is how well they've recruited compared to other schools . In this regard Terrace project to be a consistent Top 3 program capable of winning it across a 3 year window the season after this.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Agreed, this year feels like a two horse race between Nudgee and TSS. Word from the BBC old boys was that last years team was there only hope for a while a lot of rebuilding for them, Churchie aren't looking strong down the ranks so expecting some new players coming in, Terrace have got pretty solid teams through the age groups credit to great coaching, Grammar in my opinion will be the most interesting for next year, out of the expected 1st xv this year 8 of which are year 11, not saying they will win it next year but a more midfield result next year is expected, dont know much about the others

You must be talking to a different set of BBC old boys' because:
1) there are 7 forwards back this year if you include the giant 3 who was in 2nds last year; Now they will not win with that "kiddies" backline (and 2 stars out)-but should be top 4-if injury free;
2) their under 16s this year have 3 premierships and a 2nd last year(losing by a point to Nudgee after the bell).

That does not equate to a premiership-but it does indicate solid results.Me thinks -BBC(and others) will never compete with Nudgee/TSS unless they change the "new rule" and start bringing x factor boys into grade 11. no new boys this year in the firsts. I see Terrace now following the TSS model.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Dear Countryjack

Any truth in the rumour that one of the TSS backline stars (played 12 /13 in firsts last year) is no longer at the school ?

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
NZ and WA lads seem to be all the rage in the last 2-3 years

TSS , Nudgee and BBC have had some notables past and present

The WA situation is especially interesting to see how this plays out over the next 5 years + in GPS Schoolboy Rugby when you take into account what's happening upstream re : The Force and the impact of the SANZAAR debacle

And then consider the results of WA entrant teams in JGC competitions over the last 2-3 years

Grassroots Junior Rugby is strong in WA and it's not unreasonable to expect a number of players and their families may be looking at East Coast educational and Rugby opportunities

The Brisbane GPS Rugby competition is a logical target - especially those schools that already have established networks / paths

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Sadly for the comp Tautau Kapea has headed home to New Zealand's Hamilton Boys High this year. He was the $1.50 MVP favourite in my opinion. Hopefully we'll see him again playing for the NZ Schoolboys later this year! I have conflicting information. Will find out what's actually going on

In other TSS news, here are the highlights from TSS' earlier match vs Waverley.

These are the TSS First XV squad members that I have been able to identify.
Returning First XV players are marked with asterisks.

Zane Nonggor
Egan Siggs*
Tyson Spisich
Lachlan Gillett
Harry Cox
Lachlan Bruce
Ronan Kapi*
Tyler Wright
Hugh Robinson
Lotario Nona
Koen Dovey*
Dan Burns*
George Blake
Dion Samuela
Wilson Blyth
Max Dowd (C) *
Tom van der Schyff*
Hugh McNamee
Boyd Radel
Jim Chapman (I have a feeling that Jim was around the team last year but can't find any evidence to support. I might be getting mixed up with his elder brothers)
Noah Lolesio*
Spencer Jeans
Tom Taylor
Reno Gerrard*
Campbell Parata*

MrFootyLegend123

Stan Wickham (3)
Sadly for the comp Tautau Kapea has headed home to New Zealand's Hamilton Boys High this year. He was the $1.50 MVP favourite in my opinion. Hopefully we'll see him again playing for the NZ Schoolboys later this year! I have conflicting information. Will find out what's actually going on

In other TSS news, here are the highlights from TSS' earlier match vs Waverley.

These are the TSS First XV squad members that I have been able to identify.
Returning First XV players are marked with asterisks.

Zane Nonggor
Egan Siggs*
Tyson Spisich
Lachlan Gillett
Harry Cox
Lachlan Bruce
Ronan Kapi*
Tyler Wright
Hugh Robinson
Lotario Nona
Koen Dovey*
Dan Burns*
George Blake
Dion Samuela
Wilson Blyth
Max Dowd (C) *
Tom van der Schyff*
Hugh McNamee
Boyd Radel
Jim Chapman (I have a feeling that Jim was around the team last year but can't find any evidence to support. I might be getting mixed up with his elder brothers)
Noah Lolesio*
Spencer Jeans
Tom Taylor
Reno Gerrard*
Campbell Parata*

That is a lot of players! I cant imagine any team at all getting close to them this year.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
At Nudgee, coaches are officially considering moving 2016 No.8 Joe Small to #12 but no final decision has been made.

At TSS, I've gotten confirmation that Tautau Kapea has left the school in ugly circumstances - and not entirely his own fault it would seem. He has since moved back to powerhouse Hamilton Boys High in NZ in a major blow for Southort.

For an early team prediction, TSS may line up:

1. Zane Nonggor
2. ?
3. Egan Siggs*
4. Tom van der Schyff
5. Wilson Blyth
6. ?
7. ?
8. Reno Gerard
9. Jim Chapman
10. Campbell Parata*
11. Dan Burns*
12. Noah Lolesio*
13. Koen Dovey*
14. Lotario Nona
15. Max Dowd *(C)

23. Ronan Kapi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
[

At TSS, I've gotten confirmation that Tautau Kapea has left the school in ugly circumstances - and not entirely his own fault it would seem. He has since moved back to powerhouse Hamilton Boys High in NZ in a major blow for Southort.

For an early team prediction, TSS may line up:

9. Jim Chapman
10. Campbell Parata*
11. Dan Burns*
12. Noah Lolesio*
13. Koen Dovey*
14. Lotario Nona
15. Max Dowd *(C)

Correct-but good on TSS for backing it's principles.That is a lot of senior backline players back.
Mr King-could the forward pack be a little suspect against the bigger packs of NC & BBC?. They do not have as many forwards back as those 2 schools.

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Most likely BSHS 1st XV for 2017 season :
  1. Clinton*
  2. Stanley
  3. Moses Alo-Emile (captain)**
  4. Kurt*
  5. Sef
  6. Anesta M**
  7. Akiai
  8. Connor
  9. Masaia C
  10. Isaac Crone**
  11. Alex Shmidt*
  12. Francis/
  13. Jarred Chambers**
  14. Tai
  15. Jordan Petaia**
* Played 4 games in 1st last yr
**Played all games in 1st last yr.

classof69

Frank Row (1)
Breaking news from the GT front overnight.
Recently injured centre Dan Condon has had to have his left thumb amputated due to a blood clot late last night. Believe this was due to complications with his already broken thumb as a result of the NZ trial game. Think its reasonable to say he is out of consideration. Wishing him luck with the speedy recovery.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Most likely BSHS 1st XV for 2017 season :
  1. Clinton Malolua*
  2. Stanley Taulani
  3. Moses Alo-Emile (captain)**
  4. Kurt Kruwinnis
  5. Sef
  6. Nesta Mahina**
  7. Akiai
  8. Connor Ellis
  9. Mosiah Christian
  10. Isaac Crone**
  11. Alex Shmidt*
  12. Francis Pona
  13. Jarred Chambers**
  14. Tai
  15. Jordan Petaia**
* Played 4 games in 1st last yr

**Played all games in 1st last yr.

Edited in surnames for clarity, but I haven't heard of these other guys SOLE334. Who are they?

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I'll have a crack at a Nudgee team. New imports would throw a spanner in the works, but this could be similar to how they line up.

1. Tom Forde
2. ?
3. Phransis Sula-Siaosi
4. Mitch Wood
5. Harrison Cannon
6. Ethan Bullemor
7. Alex Colvin
8. Bailey Tautau
9. Phoenix Hunt
10. Xavier Soli
11. Jangala Bennett
12. Joe Small (c)
13. Ryan Shepherd
14. Tom Blackmore
15. Isaiah Naawi

I figured Shepherd's size makes him a logical switch to #13, while Isaiah Naawi's speed could see him fit the Willie Malala mould at fullback.

Hopefully someone at Nudgee can confirm, is Josh Preval a senior this year? If he is we should expect him to feature somewhere in the team.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
King

Re Nudgee team .
where is the new Fijian boy ? He is a certainty.
Plus 3 RL boys from Wavell-at least 1 (the biggest) will make it.

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
Re likely BBC team 2017
1,2,3(2nds last year),4,5,6(injured some last year),8 and 15 as per 1st xv last year.
7,9,12,13,11,14- who knows?Lottery.
10 will be 15 A from last year.
Big holes in 12 & 13 -(one gone to RL and 13 and probable captain out for year).

1,2,3,4, 5&8 will be probably BBC's biggest ever pack. 4 &5 both over 200cm.

10 man rugby I think !!!.

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
I am going to have a go at 16 A's and 15 A's this season. Just so I have it in writing, if I am correct at the end of the season, for potential gloating purposes only.

BBC
Nudgee
TSS
GT
TGS
Ipswich
BSHS
Grammar
Churchie
quote]

I would like a "do over" please.

Word on the street is the TGS 16 A are extremely good. Seems like this is where they have placed a lot of the fresh imports. The number 8 is big talent. They need to be in the top three now.

Greg Adams

Frank Nicholson (4)
BGS are playing Sunshine Coast Grammar in u12 - 1st this weekend up the coast In "A" teams only

Not sure how teams outside the 1st and 2nd will go as i'm not sure they have even started training yet.

My stab at the 1st, last years returning guys and info from others on this site

1. Tuimavave (1st last year)
2. Davis (was around the squad early last season)
3. Lovelock (bench last season)
4. Borger (1st last Year)
5. ?
6. Shepard (1st last year)
7. Sam ?? (new to school)
8. ? (Big Shoes to fill !!!)
9. Whip or new boy from sunshine coast
10. Asi (new , has some wraps on him)
11. ??
12. Gilbert (1st Last year)
13. ??
14.??