• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
BGS have announced their season draw.

Only three away games (BBC, BSHS and TSS) might give the light dark blue a healthy leg up.

9b31ca327ba21e465c8189dacdf9aa22.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Adams

Frank Nicholson (4)
BGS have announced their season draw.

Only three away games (BBC, BSHS and TSS) might give the light dark blue a healthy leg up.

9b31ca327ba21e465c8189dacdf9aa22.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any word on their team for rd1

From the weekend i think they would have 3 or 4 to come back in??

Prop , fullback , centre. Should boost the team

CM1603

Bob McCowan (2)
Anyone got any starting teams as yet? Are the Doubletake boys streaming any games?

NC
1. Harry Vella
2. Brandon Bell
3. Tom Forde
4. Harry Cannon
5. Hayden Mossely
6. Cayle Manu
7. Ethan Bullemor
8. Bailey Tautau
9. Phoenix Hunt
10. Reesjan Pasitoa
11. Dan Atkinson
12. Joe Small
13. Xavier Soli
14. Jangle Bennett
15. Ryan Shepherd

MrFootyLegend123

Stan Wickham (3)
NC
1. Harry Vella
2. Brandon Bell
3. Tom Forde
4. Harry Cannon
5. Hayden Mossely
6. Cayle Manu
7. Ethan Bullemor
8. Bailey Tautau
9. Phoenix Hunt
10. Reesjan Pasitoa
11. Dan Atkinson
12. Joe Small
13. Xavier Soli
14. Jangle Bennett
15. Ryan Shepherd

They must have a very very strong seconds with so many players left out. Going to be a very strong year across the board for them in seniors

Hilltop View

Peter Burge (5)
NC
1. Harry Vella
2. Brandon Bell
3. Tom Forde
4. Harry Cannon
5. Hayden Mossely
6. Cayle Manu
7. Ethan Bullemor
8. Bailey Tautau
9. Phoenix Hunt
10. Reesjan Pasitoa
11. Dan Atkinson
12. Joe Small
13. Xavier Soli
14. Jangle Bennett
15. Ryan Shepherd

Sorry Oldschool, just saw this. Yes a few shocks there!

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Jangala is not a winger, the National Championship was one of his first few runs on the wing I believe. He is a better fullback or perhaps even a10

From what I saw of him in Sydney last week, I can understand his versatility to play a back 3 role. But with a wicked step off both feet, and the most explosive off the mark acceleration, he would be destructive thru the middle catching tired forwards running off inside balls outside the 12 or 13 or even off the ruck.He is definitely built in the mould of a D McKenzie. . . though I haven't seen his kicking game. Something that was lacking in Qld 1&2 fullbacks arsenal..at Nationals and you may add the ability to link with others at full throttle with a passing game.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
NC
1. Harry Vella
2. Brandon Bell
3. Tom Forde
4. Harry Cannon
5. Hayden Mossely
6. Cayle Manu
7. Ethan Bullemor
8. Bailey Tautau
9. Phoenix Hunt
10. Reesjan Pasitoa
11. Dan Atkinson
12. Joe Small
13. Xavier Soli
14. Jangle Bennett
15. Ryan Shepherd

Wow!! Amazing team and incredible depth when you can leave the likes of Woods, Sykes and Blackmore out. Big call also playing Pasitoa- he has never seen a school boy game like a Nudgee v Terrace clash, yet he will be center stage.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Yep, the pack is definitely lacking the workers, outside of Cannon and to some extent Mosley. Lots of ball players, still expect Nudgee to win by a mile but it could get interesting if Terrace flood the rucks as they'll all be in pods hanging out with the backs.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
The poofta ball posts are down and the rugby sticks are up. The world has returned to order and another GPS rugby season is about to commence. I'm so excited I could slap Pauline Hansen. Twice.

TSS Vs BSHS
This is not the start to the season State High want or need. A slow trip down the coast in the people movers and more players in moon boots than a NASA base. Whilst they have a few good players - TSS have about 20 good players. I hope my State High friends prove me wrong, but I think TSS are going to run away with this like a bag snatcher in Cavill Avenue.
TSS by 22

NC Vs GT
This is going to be bigger than George Pell's legal bill. The two catholics going at each other in the traditional bloodbath of the season. I'm tipping the butchers stripes. The Premier's T-shirts are already printed again and the alter wine will be flowing in the Nudgee old boys tent, I'm going to sneak in.
NC by 9

BBC Vs IGS
The westies play the not so westies. The Falcons will park next to Lexuses. The Flano's will be worn next to the too tight, man boob showing Ralph Lauren's and Ice breaks will be drunk next to Macchiatos. Ippy will be fired up here and I think they have a very good sniff. They won this game last year as the BBC effort for a top 3 finish folded late in the season. Close run thing.
BBC by 1

BGS Vs TGS
The Grammar mums are confident and they will be out in the canteen early on Saturday. They'll have the hot plates fired up and the chip fryer going like a Churchie mum on the gins at a fundraiser. Some half decent pre-season form will have Grammar thinking they can off load the wooden kitchen utensil early in the season, but the T'Ba boys will be holding onto this game tighter than a bowl of jelly and custard in the boarding house dinning room.
TGS by 3

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Geez this is a great round of rugby. Baring the TSS v BSHS game, I have a feeling they will be close. This season is shaping up like almost a 6 horse race. Let the games begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.