• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I wonder whether Terrace may have peaked in their program last year .

Helluva team and very unlucky not to win - with the top end of the talent pool they had ......maybe the one that got away

Their 16's next year will be interesting but I like TSS and Nudgee more ( in that order )

I don't think their 15's will trouble anyone and their 14's seem to have been a little off the boil ( relative to their hype )

The 13's don't seem to be in the mix either with BBC and BSHS holding away ( for now ) and looking like they will hold ground while being chased hardest by Nudgee and maybe Churchie in the next couple of years

TheCuriousWatcher

Bob McCowan (2)
I'm a player manager, there's a difference between recruitment and scholarships. I've been merely observing Brisbane schoolboy union and how schools operate and what type of player they want at the school.

I don't know the history of people bitching on here about scholarships, but if there's a scholarship thread link me as I can't find it?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'm a player manager, there's a difference between recruitment and scholarships. I've been merely observing Brisbane schoolboy union and how schools operate and what type of player they want at the school.

I don't know the history of people bitching on here about scholarships, but if there's a scholarship thread link me as I can't find it?

well that's even less reason to have this discussion on this thread. You may call it recruitment as a form of business speak, but in the end it all comes back to scholarship discussions and that's not what this thread is for.

Go for your life on this thread.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/school-sporting-scholarships-recruitment.5780/

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I wouldn't be surprised if Churchie roll Nudgee this weekend

If Churchie can get their set piece firing I think their midfield could get the edge on Nudgee

Don't know if Churchie can get go forward ball in phase play though - especially against Nudgee's defense . That's the big question

Could be interesting though

SOSJBW

Peter Burge (5)
I wouldn't be surprised if Churchie roll Nudgee this weekend

If Churchie can get their set piece firing I think their midfield could get the edge on Nudgee

Don't know if Churchie can get go forward ball in phase play though - especially against Nudgee's defense . That's the big question

Could be interesting though

I'm pretty sure someone has said that before every single nudgee game this season, but the fact is the nudgee is the only undefeated team this year?

WaltBrisney

Peter Burge (5)
Decision making aside, BBC were very physical against Nudgee but came up short. While there may not be any 'superstars' in the NC side, they are collectively skilful, tough and resolute. I can't see anyone aside from TSS beating them. Teams should avoid attacking their midfield. Nudgee are adaptable, changing the way they defended the breakdown as the BBC game wore on so any team hoping to beat them will need to be responsive to that. They will need a plan B. The NC V TSS game promises to be one for the ages.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Decision making aside, BBC were very physical against Nudgee but came up short. While there may not be any 'superstars' in the NC side, they are collectively skilful, tough and resolute. I can't see anyone aside from TSS beating them. Teams should avoid attacking their midfield. Nudgee are adaptable, changing the way they defended the breakdown as the BBC game wore on so any team hoping to beat them will need to be responsive to that. They will need a plan B. The NC V TSS game promises to be one for the ages.

Well said sir- BBC were stronger,bigger and had more ball -but Nudgee won the turnovers. Having said that I was very impressed by the standard of the BBC teams on Ross oval last week-particularly the 13A and 14 A teams.

SOSJBW

Peter Burge (5)
U15 junior gold cup has been announced
49 out of the 75 selected are GPS boys.

IGS: 11
Jack Webber
Konrad Wallace
Nathan Weir
Tom Tronc
Christian Krause
Ethan King
Jamie Laei
Kalani Thomas
Kedan Chan-tung
Sam Walker
Seamus King-Smith

BBC: 10
Connor Hayes
George Gibson
Hugo Purcival
Jacob Blyton
Jake Tierney
Jack Howarth
Jack Kelly
Lukas Ripley
Oryaan Kalolo
Will Stevens

NC: 6
Angus Mackay
John Luka
Athen Waia
Lastus Aukai
Titi Nofoagatatoa
Tresman Banjo

BSHS: 6
Kai Johnstone
Linston Tuimavave
Tom Duke
Dever Taylor
Genyr Diaz
Sam Silli

TSS: 5
Harry Vousty
Michael Van der schyff
Tom Mccormack
Hudson Meir
Jojo Fifita

TGS: 4
Hamish Muller
Baxter Franey
Kai Rahui
Wilson Cochrane

GT: 4
Charlie Condon
James Pierce
Jordan Bell
Patrick Elekana

BGS: 2
Gus Dillman
Lachlan Pheely

ACGS:
Aidan King

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
U15 junior gold cup has been announced..

IGS: Jamie Laei

I was actually trying to find some old footage of Mario Fenech boxing and stumbled across this clip from 2011.

I understand Laei has been one of the age group superstars these past few years? Clip starts at 1:42

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
I was actually trying to find some old footage of Mario Fenech boxing and stumbled across this clip from 2011.

I understand Laei has been one of the age group superstars these past few years? Clip starts at 1:42

You love your league King. I wonder sometimes ;).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOSJBW

Peter Burge (5)
I am actually fairly surprised at how many TSS boys made Junior gold cup, I haven't watched many of their games but from what I have seen I thought they had nothing to offer.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Churchie will pick n drive all day. Very well coached and they stick to a simple game plan.
They almost upset Terrace.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Shit...can anyone be bothered here anymore? "Who is Playing Who" would be a nice way to start this weeks predictions before we all just regurgitate out our tips for the weekend. This thread has gone to hell this year...

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Shit.can anyone be bothered here anymore? "Who is Playing Who" would be a nice way to start this weeks predictions before we all just regurgitate out our tips for the weekend. This thread has gone to hell this year.

NC v ACGS
BGS v GT
BBC v BSHS
TGS v IGS

If you are following Qld GPS schoolboys rugby, I assume you know the draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.