• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2018

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
quote="terry from Townsville, post: 1013363, member: 70124"]Congratulations to tss in making up gps 1 and 2[/quote]

Actually TSS v GPS 1 would be a god match-TSS would be the bigger team.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
quote="terry from Townsville, post: 1013363, member: 70124"]Congratulations to tss in making up gps 1 and 2

Actually TSS v GPS 1 would be a god match-TSS would be the bigger team.[/quote]

They often have one big choke per season so this is the best game for that to happen I guess.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Where is the team list posted please.
Pretty sure that comment is a piss take , the teams have been chosen but as of this afternoon not yet announced, boys will get notified tonight / tomorrow.

Two teams of even talent apparently , not 1&2, and will play as such against AIC and CSS, not the mixed teams that were predicted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Pretty sure that comment is a piss take , the teams have been chosen but as of this afternoon not yet announced, boys will get notified tonight / tomorrow.

Two teams of even talent apparently , not 1&2, and will play as such against AIC and CSS, not the mixed teams that were predicted.

TSS versus Southport though isn’t it??

rugbysthewinner

Peter Burge (5)

Sorry Nomad, not a piss take. Just been out of the loop for some time and was actually interested in the team.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Sorry , not your comment, it was what Terry had to say , as in TSS will obviously fill all rep spots .

TSS v GPS 1 for example , which one is bigger( assume better ) ?

noeyeddear

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hopefully it doesn't become anything like the confusing mess that is the NSW Schoolboys comp.

I am not a regular on this thread and am searching for some info on 1st XV games to go out and watch tomorrow while I am visiting from sydney to watch before the test match. Any info gratefully accepted.

Regarding this comment above in reference to the Sydney season structure now, I can say that after 2 years it is delightfully unpredictable and so damn interesting. The Inter-Association season has killed some sacred cows, introduced mystery and uncertainty into matchups, and provided some thrilling rugby. As we now go into our 3 respective competitions, no school has remained unbeaten. Yet the top school from each association seem to have presented themselves as the schools that only lost one game each, being Barker, St Augustine’s, and Scots. We now look forward to our traditional battles for our respective titles from next weekend.

Lemno01

Allen Oxlade (6)
I am not a regular on this thread and am searching for some info on 1st XV games to go out and watch tomorrow while I am visiting from sydney to watch before the test match. Any info gratefully accepted.

Regarding this comment above in reference to the Sydney season structure now, I can say that after 2 years it is delightfully unpredictable and so damn interesting. The Inter-Association season has killed some sacred cows, introduced mystery and uncertainty into matchups, and provided some thrilling rugby. As we now go into our 3 respective competitions, no school has remained unbeaten. Yet the top school from each association seem to have presented themselves as the schools that only lost one game each, being Barker, St Augustine’s, and Scots. We now look forward to our traditional battles for our respective titles from next weekend.

Hi

The only fixture/trial I am certain of is GT v BBC at Terrace's fields (67 Vivian St, Tennyson - probably a $20 Uber from the city). Kick-off at 3PM.

Depending on who is being trialed it could be a good game.

You can also check out one of the best facilities on offer in Brisbane.

Cheers

PS - there are only a handful of games being played, so it may be lacking some atmosphere.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Billeting not needed from Paddington

Local .Organic. So Fresh. Nature's goodness

Can you feel the tension in the air between Nomad and Bluey?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Yes another one of Barkers new boys.Is he being billeted like the new 12 from WA?I hear a few noses out of joint from existing parents .
That’s a load of rubbish !

The “ new star prop “ is a former ATC boy who started year 11 at GT this year . There’s no First XV at ATC yet( highest year level is grade 11) and no set comp for them to play in. For those of you that don’t know ,ATC is the school formerly known as Nudgee Junior that supplied GT with about half of their secondary school intake for the last 70 years or so.

Not so surprising that he fits right in with no boarding/ billeting required .

terry from Townsville

Allen Oxlade (6)
gps gold

1 - tominiko - churchie
2 - kopua - tss
3 - nongorr -tss
4 - van der schyff - tss
5 - fewtrell-churchie
6 - metusla suspaia - terrace
7- manu - nudgee
8 - tautau - nudgee