• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2018

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
BBC 15 is GPS under 16 100/200 champ last year
BBC 11 is GPS open 200 champ last year
BBC 14 is qld 100/200 champ this year

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)

Very
Very very
Very very very quick

Played well today and love a BGS TSS match report shows BBC right in it in 2018

human

Bob McCowan (2)
NO.
If the BBC 15 is Jack Bowyer then he was second in the U16 100 at GPS 2017. Josh Crowley (BSHS) was first. Bowyer did win the 200m.
I do not know who the BBC 11 is but the GPS Open 200m in 2017 was won by D. Gale from IGS. S. STEPHENS from BBC was second.
The only way that the BBC 14 can be the 2018 QLD Junior U18 100/200 champion is if his name is Edward Nketia and he is from the ACT.

FlashFlanker

Herbert Moran (7)

Close... 15 is Jack Bowyer. won the GPS u16 100m and came second in the 200m in 2017
11 Stevens came second in the GPS Open 200m in 2017. didn't run the 100m as Ashley Moloney from BBC won
14 Xavier Savage is Qld u17 100/200m from Feb 2018

In any case, they have speed to burn.

human

Bob McCowan (2)
Close. 15 is Jack Bowyer. won the GPS u16 100m and came second in the 200m in 2017
11 Stevens came second in the GPS Open 200m in 2017. didn't run the 100m as Ashley Moloney from BBC won

Bowyer did not win the U16 100m at GPS...Cowley, BSHS, did.
So Stevens is 18 this year?
And Savage must be in Grade 11?
Sure, they are quick.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
V4 Undefeated teams

u13 -IGs/BSHS/ACGS
u 14 BSHS /BBC(1 draw)
u15 nil
u16 TSS/NC(BBC must have more in 1st xv than i thought)
2nds TSS/BBC
1sts TSS/BBC/NC

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Terrace b Nudgee in 16A in round 2, so NC not undefeated

BBC need to defeat TSS this week to have a chance.

Don't have the forward with their best 2 back rower in the Firsts plus their game breaker from last year 15A who won them two game last year singlehanded then scored 3 try on debut in the 1st XV yesterday.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
Close. 15 is Jack Bowyer. won the GPS u16 100m and came second in the 200m in 2017

Winning a rugby match starts with your tight head prop-and ours is 133kg.PS the 8 and 5 are both 112kg.
Remember 2015 match ?BBC had 4 aussie schools players in stat-studded backline including that brilliant15.But they never saw the ball as TSS forwards dominated.Same again -me thinks.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
@ Country Jack

If you are talking 2015 ......you do remember the howler of the Ref's call on Jayden Ngamanu ( 15 ) where he called a knock on but the video / photo evidence showed it was clearly off the left shin on to the knee cap and then to the right foot in the toe ahead and where the ball was properly grounded.

The proper call clearly would have led to a much different result

But yes ......I do concede ( from memory ) that your forwards did have the upper hand that day

human

Bob McCowan (2)
As I said BBC winger is State Champion
Apologies, My mistake - I was thinking that they were all genuine Grade 12's i.e. 17 yo this year as Bowyer is, and thus U18 in the QLD T&F competition.
Savage must be a new recruit to BBC this year as he was not at GPS T&F last year. Is that the case? BBC seem to have a penchant for Grade 11 recruits.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Grade 10's too who are U16

Which also seems to be the rage at Terrace, a couple of whom , are playing First XV ( as is the case at BBC )

BBC 16A's also with a Grade 10 Tight 5 this year ( 3 new ) and only 2 x returning backs from last year's team.

A lot of new faces and transitionary comings and goings between teams has been a challenge for these boys to find their defensive spacing and attack rhythm.

Hats off to the Ipswich 16A's though they played a smart width game early and have a lot of class in their backline - especially with their flyers in the outside backs that were a big part of last year's State Champion Met West Team that dominated all before them

TSS will be a good challenge next weekend by the looks of things .

The good news looking ahead for this age group is that ( at an estimate ) up to 10 of 2020's team will be 18 year olds and there are a lot of big humans emerging upfront with all the gas to burn as you'd want out wide

Might look like a 2015 type backline with a 2017 forward pack

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
I believe the two year 11 First XV backrowers you refer to have undertaken positional changes this year. The 6 has transitioned from the 2nd row and the 8 has entered the forwards from Inside centre.

You might be right. I thought 8 played 8 last year against Terrace? But might have been thinking of 14A team? Isn't the 6 in the First XV, the flanker from 15A?

Apology, hard to keep up with the depth of movement at BBC. No wonder they challenge NC and TSS for depth. TSS don't seem to have problems with their influx of new boys every year in the 16s. Must have a good induction program.

rugbysthewinner

Peter Burge (5)
The GT scrum seems to be a bit lacking this year, one would have thought with one of the returning Props from last years First XV and the new lad from ATC, who by all accounts was supposed to be pretty special that they should be at least holding their own. The Churchie scrum absolutely destroyed them in each scrum on the weekend. Will be interesting to see them up against TSS. I might just have to make a trip to the coast to watch that one.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
I agree and put it down to the transitionary coming and going of personnel.

For the new boy from ATC, it has been a big challenge to go from lock to prop and he will be better next year for the experience.