• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
There is a bit of hype with the new tss 10 recruitment from NZ. Anyone have a name? Wouldn’t mind looking at some footage.

I wandered down and watched TSS/IGS on Wednseday night, have to say I was a bit impressed with both 9s , and the 10 from TSS looked not a bad kid. Sorry I have no names, or if they usual players, but will say there was some bloody good rugby on show.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I wandered down and watched TSS/IGS on Wednseday night, have to say I was a bit impressed with both 9s , and the 10 from TSS looked not a bad kid. Sorry I have no names, or if they usual players, but will say there was some bloody good rugby on show.
How did you think the 10’s stacked up Dan ?

Has been some big press on Walker, the IGS 10. He had an easy day against GT last weekend, but was behind a dominant forward pack on the day. From all reports the TSS forwards won the battle on Wed night, maybe a gives a better indication of how good Walker is ?

Interested to hear your thoughts if you feel like sharing.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
TSS #9 Hudson Meyer
TSS#10 Syris Schmidt

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
How did you think the 10’s stacked up Dan ?

Has been some big press on Walker, the IGS 10. He had an easy day against GT last weekend, but was behind a dominant forward pack on the day. From all reports the TSS forwards won the battle on Wed night, maybe a gives a better indication of how good Walker is ?

Interested to hear your thoughts if you feel like sharing.

Nomad, the IGS 10 looked bloodsy good, he seemed to be at 15 quite a bit, and really burnt a lot of players with pace etc. I was really impressed with whole game and will admit to being at every Reds game at Suncorp this year, but think I saw more skill displayed at this game. Loved it!

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I'm not an art critic but I do enjoy the 1st XV "pre season" videos that come around this time of year. If anyone has any other videos from other schools please share.

A

Aussie Luke

Just joined this forum today after following iit the last couple of years.

Looking very much forward to the 2019 GPS Premiership.

It will be very hard for any team to beat TSS this year and the first game v Nudgee will be a cracker.

If Nudgee do beat TSS and win the rest of the games, the final round featuring Nudgee v Churchie will again set up an extraordinary atmosphere for and end of season match on Ross Oval.

Having attended personally the game where BGS upset Nudgee on Ross a few years back to decide the Premiership, as well as watching last year’s final game on Ross v TSS via YouTube overseas, I find it hard to compare any other rugby experience to this.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
^ Agree , close to the most passionately supported rugby around . Have said countless times that the lads who are fortunate enough to play in these types of games you mention will not play in front of a crowd like that again unless they make right through the professional ranks . It’s s great competition.

The Engine Room

Ward Prentice (10)
Not one segment in this video showing these boys in the classroom.......says a lot about the school and the importance it places on education and balancing learning and rugby. Sad.

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
Not one segment in this video showing these boys in the classroom...says a lot about the school and the importance it places on education and balancing learning and rugby. Sad.

Seriously? That's because its a rugby video. There is no footage of any other sports or extra cirucular activities either. Nudgee place enormous importance on the classroom as do all of these schools. I expect they just assume that balanced people would understand the omision of penicls and erasers on a pre season gym workout video.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Was there footage of them eating? Don't they understand the important role nutrition plays in the development of student athletes? Maybe they don't eat.

It's a hype video of kids in the gym, that is all. Don't try and read too much into it.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Apparently the Academy teams have been picked. Anyone have the list of players?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Apparently the Academy teams have been picked. Anyone have the list of players?

I don't know if there's much chance of them being released. I've approached QRU and RA about them and they weren't keen to be overly forthcoming with them. Plus the feeling was they would be fluid squads with players coming in and out.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Here is the draw.
2167650D-8B00-4F68-8BAC-A66BA265D1DA.jpeg

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Interesting article on Rugby Xplorer with RA explaining the changes to the U18’s pathways from their point of view. Looks like “Schoolboys” from a national perspective is there in name only.

A

Aussie Luke

Not one segment in this video showing these boys in the classroom...says a lot about the school and the importance it places on education and balancing learning and rugby. Sad.

Didn’t see any of these boys in church or art class either in this RUGBY video...

They place massive importance on balance there, which is in the tradition of the best schools in Europe. It’s probably why Nudgee has produced the third highest number of Rhodes Scholarships in the state which is based in both sport, charity and academia.

Can’t wait to see their official rugby launch video.