• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Congrats to BBC - best team I have seen this year .
Great defense and as i predicted your 12 and 13 terrorized us.
Your 8,7 and 2 not far behind .
If the BBC 13 is not the best player in the comp then he is best athlete.
2 tries
Numerous monster hits
And the he runs down T Banjo who has run 10.8
How does a kid that big do that ?
If the ARU are not watching - they are fools .

TheRed

Allen Oxlade (6)
Great game by BBC today, first win on Ross oval since 1985! Defence was awesome, won them the game. Unfortunately composure and goal kicking against TSS cost them a premiership. Hopefully Howarth is back next year and doesn’t go to the Storm early. He would be scary good in grade 12 next year!

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
I bet the Ipswich player wished he converted the first try just a few meters left of the posts today. I thought to myself when he missed this, I bet this missed kick decides the premiership. Would have won if he got this. Having said that, the TSS kicker missed one close to in front of the posts near the end that would have given TSS an unblemished season. At the end of the day, the season was decided by kicks and BBC really threw away their season v TSS which is a shame as I think they were the best team and it’s unlikely they will get this chance again for awhile. The coach of course will know this ie it was his fault rather than the kids on the paddock.

Nice report but read the real eggspurts on this thread
They said BBC defence paper thin

They basically said BBC would get thrashed

Well we may not have won the comp but we sure won the romp - listen all B&W and FairPlay commentary not relevant

Gary Owens has a lot to say but not much value to add!!!

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Yeah next year. For sure.

But they’ll probably have to do it without Howarth. But we’ll see I guess.

I hope he's back - not so much for his sake but for a lot of other player's benefit , and yes Lute , he seems more suited to League . However , his out and out athletic advantage , is like nothing I have ever seen in the nearly 10 years I have been watching Schoolboy Rugby - and whilst passing , recognition and link / continuity skills need to be a lot better - he just commands so much attention toward the 15m channel , and even inside him , that creates significant opportunities that ordinarily wouldn't be there - and probably won't be there without him

Great kid too. One of the first players to go and shake hands with his own Coaches today and opposition Coaches.

Genuine kid. Good kid - and surprisingly one of the most ego less lads running around when most would expect it to be different

Spoke to Howarth after the game

After he took 15mins to let the junior minion straw hats get a photo with him

He said there’s nothing
More than I want to be back next year!!! Yes the 16A team got smashed today but they’ll be strong next year if Jacks back plus mason and co

BTW not Reesjans best game either but I guess you’ll all bag me for that too...he was better last year, just a fact!!!

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)

He said there’s nothing
More than I want to be back next year!!! Yes the 16A team got smashed today but they’ll be strong next year if Jacks back plus mason and co

BTW not Reesjans best game either but I guess you’ll all bag me for that too.he was better last year, just a fact!!!
Howarth’s size on screen doesn’t do him any justice. Seeing him yesterday at Ross blew me away. He is a super human. Wouldn’t it be great if ARU could bring him back to establish a rugby career.
I would say in player match ups you guys would have come out on top yesterday. Harry Vella and Jock Thompson were our best players yesterday with BBC triumphant in all other positions. Pasitoa has had a average year with other fly halves demonstrating better potential.
Well played BBC.

TheRed

Allen Oxlade (6)

He said there’s nothing

BTW not Reesjans best game either but I guess you’ll all bag me for that too.he was better last year, just a fact!!!

If Howarth back next year then BBC will be very competitive. He is an absolute weapon!!

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Howarth’s size on screen doesn’t do him any justice. Seeing him yesterday at Ross blew me away. He is a super human. Wouldn’t it be great if ARU could bring him back to establish a rugby career.
I would say in player match ups you guys would have come out on top yesterday. Harry Vella and Jock Thompson were our best players yesterday with BBC triumphant in all other positions. Pasitoa has had a average year with other fly halves demonstrating better potential.
Well played BBC.
Agree with Thompson and sort of agree with Vella - but they needed a bit more from him , Pasitoa and Nofoagotoa with the game on the line and camped out in the red zone - especially with a man down. And thats an absolute credit to BBC’s defense - especially Howarth’s defense outwide when they tried to stretch it

Mitch Lowrie was massive for Nudgee yesterday with at least 3 x critical turnovers won - maybe 4 which you’d think well and truly cements him as the competitions leader

Ripley and Lastus , as predicated , was a great match up with neither player backing down -but Lastus seemed to win the big collisions

Waia was a factor with some key line breaks and the defensive play on Bowyer’s line break and chip ahead was all class

Surprisingly BBC wings - especially replacement , Brad Altman got the upper hand on the match ups where Nudgee seemed to have the advantage with Banjo

I note Nudgee’s starting locks didn’t play and had a bloke on debut and then an U16 replacement come on at 1 into the first half - all of which must have had impacts to the blown lineouts ( 3 ) off penalty advantage in the red zone in the first half

But, again , credit to the BBC boys . And credit to defensive coach , Steve Kefu too.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
0F46D327-BAB6-4F5F-94BA-A024819FD837.png

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Well played BBC.

I thought Lauwrie lastus and Thompson were NC best yesterday, and the ref was pretty influential too with a lot of inconsistency in his determination at the breakdown.
Gibson very unlucky to be sent yellow carded
Didn’t think Howarth was offside when he got pinged for that massive hit I think on pasitoa in the first half but he got away with a high tackle late in the second half

I can only lament if Ripley was the kicker against TSS, but that’s just another if only in BBCs long history of if onlys.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I have to take my boater hat off to Churchie this year and eat a little humble pie regarding some previous posts of mine. They have turned their season around after a couple of heavy early losses. They might even give Nudgee a shake next week.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
I have to take my boater hat off to Churchie this year and eat a little humble pie regarding some previous posts of mine. They have turned their season around after some heavy early losses. They might even give Nudgee a shake next week.

100% dig themselves out of a very dark hole from an unlucky draw - I would not want to be them playing NC next weekend - last game for a lot of NC veterans coming off the back of yesterday’s defeat.

All over it

Allen Oxlade (6)
I thought Lauwrie lastus and Thompson were NC best yesterday, and the ref was pretty influential too with a lot of inconsistency in his determination at the breakdown.
Gibson very unlucky to be sent yellow carded
Didn’t think Howarth was offside when he got pinged for that massive hit I think on pasitoa in the first half but he got away with a high tackle late in the second half

I can only lament if Ripley was the kicker against TSS, but that’s just another if only in BBCs long history of if onlys.
Howarth wasn’t offside. The ref pinged Gibson. Contender for hit of the year.