• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Colts 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
So with the 2011 season now over, many clubs will look to influence a new bunch of Schoolboy players to there club.
Any word on whose going where yet?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
From my experience while some players would have given clubs and indication that they will be playing with them next year that can all change by the time training starts in a month or two.

T

truckandtrailor

I only know of some coaching line ups for Colts next season,

Brothers are sticking with the current Coach.

Wests have appointed "Taffy"Longman.
It is rumoured there is a major announcement out of the Kennel....stay tuned.

GPS - Matt Pini the premier coach has not been reappointed and Colts coach Shane Arnold has moved to Premier Grade.
A new Colts coach to be appointed.

Thats all I have heard.

I heard different with Brothers......

R

rugbymand2323

whos going where in 2012? any clubs looking the goods in Prem Colts?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Roy Saunders has stood down as Prem Colts coach at Sunnybank with Richard Lewis taking over the reigns. Richard has been part of the colts program for the last few years and has been rewarded for his good work.

T

truckandtrailor

Come on Truckie - spill the beans

Brothers have called in QRU Development Officer Ben McCormack to coach Brothers Prem Colts. I am not sure whether he has taken the role of head coach or whether he is just assisting but he is the new addition to the coaching staff.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Is that history repeating itself. I seem to recall they have gone down that path before.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I hear uni have numbers to field between 6-8 teams for colts......almost makes you think that capping teams would be a good idea
makes you wonder why so many people are flocking there when you hear that most of the prem colts team from last year are back as second year colts.
In other news i heard norths have the makings of fantastic prems and colts 1 teams. Haven't heard much about elsewhere?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Uni always have big numbers. It helps having all of those Colleges just down the road. Also it's a great place to play when you're at Uni.
Sunnybank has had good Colts numbers at training too. Not in the same realm as Uni but very good just the same.
Good to hear about Norths getting things sorted. Hope it is a sign of good things to come at the club.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Souths have made a few key signing's but I still think depth will be an issue.
By key signings i have heard they have maile ngaumo & Curtis Browning can this be confirmed

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
Uni always have big numbers. It helps having all of those Colleges just down the road. Also it's a great place to play when you're at Uni.
Sunnybank has had good Colts numbers at training too. Not in the same realm as Uni but very good just the same.
Good to hear about Norths getting things sorted. Hope it is a sign of good things to come at the club.
Does Uni still have their Rugby Academy?
Pretty sure UQ Sport still offers a number of scholarships too, including some just for rugby.
Can anyone confirm?

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Does Uni still have their Rugby Academy?
Pretty sure UQ Sport still offers a number of scholarships too, including some just for rugby.
Can anyone confirm?
Uni still have the academy 6 years on. About 20 kids in it at the moment with some on scholarship and some paying. UQ sport (different from UQ rugby) also offer scholarships but you have to be academic as well as handy at footy to get them.
Good numbers down at training across the whole club. No doubt helped by the world cup/reds last year reinvigorating the interest of a few.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Top four beckons with a team containing andrew ready, Jack Bridges,James klaason,manny bell returning form last year. Not to mention the regular influx of villa and churchie players. However word on the street is that a fair few St Edmunds boys have been attending training.
If this is true perhaps easts may be the team with the forward pack to beat Uni? I remember last year when norths beat uni it was due to their forwards matching it with the Uni big guns and the back line did the rest.
Uni's backline is solid however whoever can match the rumble with their forwards usually wins the game. the red heavies have big boppers in Kieran fitzgibbon, and Sam reiser however judging on same games I watched of theirs last year (norths, Sunnybank and Wests) when faced with some confrontation and 'abrasive' play the uni pack shirk a little.
My prediction for the year.
1. Sunnybank
2. University
3.Easts
4. Norths
5 GPS
6.Brothers
7.Wests
8. Gold Coast
9. Souths
10.North Coast

DownsSupporter

Frank Nicholson (4)
Seven of the Uni Premier Colts pack are again colts eligible in 2012 with only one of the hookers moving to grade.Player to add to that pack are Curtis Browning, Campbell Wakely (Aust A hooker last year?) and a very under rated No 4 in Angus Ryan, the Downland captain of last year. A fair bit of pressure for Prem Colts foreward positions though i would expect a number would be exposed to Premier grade throughout the year.

Backs moving up to grade, I think are No 9 (lennane?), 12 Foley and 14 Leeson

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I would imagine that curtis browning would play more prem grade then colts. All i know about uni forwards is that there will be alot of good players from bbc and GT (birgan,partridge,levander and bird) who would worthwhile additions to any premier side but instead will be play colts 1 or 2

Status
Not open for further replies.