• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Going on results of the first two weeks Souths v Uni and Sunnybank v GPS should be the games of the round.
Dunno which one to go to (seeing as Easts are up at the Sunny Coast). Both Chipsy Wood and Sunnybank are close to me. Any recommendations people? Kind of want to see how GPS goes, but definatly thinking Souths can upset Uni at home.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Waita Setu has left Sunnybank, after 2 weeks, to play for Wests.

Upset about lack of Premier game time? Also it has come to my attention that maybe there is maybe an attitude problem? Left broncos early, left the bank early all with out quite getting that topgrade cap. i dont even think he got on the park for the U20s

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
With all respects to Wests, I don't think moving from Sunnybank, current champs, to the current wooden spooners is going to help you get noticed.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Well it worked for Angus Cottrell and Tasi Laufutu & they came second last. There is a strong Ipswich contingent at wests that could of swayed him.......at the end of the day though i am a big believer in if your good enough you will make it no matter where you are however i recognise bank and uni players get a head start

Red slug

Stan Wickham (3)
Well first experience of Premier Rugby this afternoon at Pizzey Park to watch GC Breakers at home to Wests lovely sunny day, went with Sully and 10 year old daughter. Now, I will watch any kind of Rugby any level, was expecting a certain level as this is supposed to be the nursery and comeback zone for Super Rugby, the skills gap seems to be a little wide. The game had it's moments but the ball handling, set plays and Wests lineouts were very ordinary. Breakers kept slogging on and had some great breaks with kick, chase gather and try. Lots of kicking by both sides and until the last minutes was a close game. I may have to watch quite a few other games to give me a better overall perspective, but this time around underwhelming am willing to attend other games to change my mind.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Probably not the best game for you to watch first up slug. Qld Premier rugby has a bit of a divide between the top clubs and the bottom ones. If you watch some of the top teams you'll see the quality improve.

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Probably not the best game for you to watch first up slug. Qld Premier rugby has a bit of a divide between the top clubs and the bottom ones. If you watch some of the top teams you'll see the quality improve.
Jets, I would normally say that is quite a harsh assessment! However sitting there yesterday with the supporters network watching our side play was bloody hard work. No disrespect to Wests but they were average so it says a lot about blokes who came 2nd in everything including on the scoreboard! Long season ahead for Coach Nowlan - from winning a premiership to cellar dweller within 12 months

leakytap

Sydney Middleton (9)
Wish the QRU would update the round scores a bit faster on their website.
Don't forget the bloke involved in managing the Premier Rugby Comp also does the Reds game day management, so some leeway should be afforded him here.
So yesterday would have taken up with setting up Suncorp ready for today.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Souths vs Uni was a pretty decent game. Uni never really looked like loosing though, always a solid gap away. But Souths forwards impressed me, their scrum was the stronger and they were very physical with ball in hand. Their number 8 is a beast of a man, thought he was excellent. Their backs on the other hand did not really do much and got caught defensively a few times.

Uni was pretty solid all round. Their two big centers impressed me, had good communicated running lines. But bloody hell Ambrosini needs to be conistent, he threw numerous ball the ground passes. Winger Morseau was dangerous everytime he got the pill, whilst fullback Tuffley was solid. In the forwards the hooker (Wade?) was excellent around the park, as was young Curtis Browning. For a young lad he runs hard, set up a great try an was active with ball in hand, i can't imagine how much of a massacre it would be if he turned out against a Colts side!

All in all i enjoyed coming down to Chipsy Wood. Atmosphere was nice, good crowd, quality football all round. The only negative is the GODDAM parking! I got there 30mins early and still ended up practically parking in the middle of the street!

Souths will be my second option whenever Easts are playing too far away!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Jets, I would normally say that is quite a harsh assessment! However sitting there yesterday with the supporters network watching our side play was bloody hard work. No disrespect to Wests but they were average so it says a lot about blokes who came 2nd in everything including on the scoreboard! Long season ahead for Coach Nowlan - from winning a premiership to cellar dweller within 12 months
Last year it was a 5 good teams and 5 average teams split. This year it is looking like 6 good and 4 not so good. Hopefully the other teams can develop and post some better results. 3 of the bottom teams have new coaches for this year and the other has a coach in his second year. If they can get some improvement it will be good for the whole comp.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Don't forget the bloke involved in managing the Premier Rugby Comp also does the Reds game day management, so some leeway should be afforded him here.
So yesterday would have taken up with setting up Suncorp ready for today.
Maybe they should give the job of posting the scores on the website to someone else then. It couldn't be that hard.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Maybe they should give the job of posting the scores on the website to someone else then. It couldn't be that hard.
Whoever runs the QLD Premier Rugby twitter page does a good job, has all scores posted at fulltime every week, even games from the coast.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Everyone talks about a big gap between the top teams and the bottom but isnt that the same with every comp the top 3 teams are always leagues a head of the bottom three teams. You see it in the nrl and super 15 its not the fact that the comps are two tier i think if anythign its better this year as seen in results like Norths vs GPS & Wests vs University. Also i think you will find that Wests must of had a disrupted training schedule as according to QRU site they played catch up games both tuesday & wendesday night so training must of been disrupted. But realistically besides the two coasts sides and west against brothers. There has only be a 3 games where the score has really blown out

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
So what were the weekend results? I popped into Shaw Park to see Brothers comprehensively outplay Norths. Looks like the Filth will again feature strongly this year. The young winger with the hyphenated surname sure has some fancy feet, and they are very solid up front.

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
So what were the weekend results? I popped into Shaw Park to see Brothers comprehensively outplay Norths. Looks like the Filth will again feature strongly this year. The young winger with the hyphenated surname sure has some fancy feet, and they are very solid up front.
Uni over Souths comfortably, GPS pipped Sunnybank, Wests too good for Breakers and I think Easts got up over Stingrays away by at least 20 points

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
To be fair the QRU do a great job in updating the scores on the website. They normally have the scores up the following day and all the tables updated by Monday arvo. When you take into account they also plug in player point scoring too it is quite a good service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom