• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Looking at those line ups - GPS and Wests look a good chance of doing Brothers some serious favours. Particularly GPS. Brothers may have had the luck of the draw getting in last week before the cavalry returned!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
teams via QRU:

Easts v Brothers

Easts: AJ Campbell, Andrew Ready, Kirwan Sanday, James Moore, Greg Riley, Tyrell Barker, Tom Milosevic, Ed Quirk, Jack Mullins, Matt Brandon, Johnny Wilder, Matt Gordon, Toby White, Joel Faulkner, Elliott Hagen
Coach: Tim Sampson

Brothers: Tom Moloney, Tom Sayer, Taniela Tupou, Ben Hyne, Terrin Walls, Criff Tupou, Luke Beauchamp, Harry Symes, Angus Fowler, Sam Greene, Mitch Felsman, Nathanuel Gendle, Giles Beveridge, Pierce Fitzgerald, Sam Hyne
Coach: Anthony Mathison

University of Queensland v Wests

University: Campbell Wakely, Tonga Ma’afu, Reuben Leilua, Phil Potgeiter, Angus Ryan, Will Brown, Conor Mitchell, Jack Cornelsen, Moses Sorovi, Ed Gibson, Clifton Setu, Nathan Russell, Harry Parker, Tom Pincus, Jamie-Jerry Taulagi
Coach: Mick Heenan

Wests: Sione Na’a Helu, Mick Lee, Jake Newell, Tom Holliday, Ed O’Donoghue, Jeremiah Lynch, Alec Fontalvo, Rob Rutledge, Tim Smith, Andrew Turner, Dan Faumuina, Devyn Smith, Tyrone Lefau, George Morseu, Luke Ferry
Coach: Pat Byron

GPS v Sunnybank

GPS: Sam Talakai, Ryan Freney, Fred Burke, Dan Gorman, Marco Kotze, Michael Richards, Waita Setu, Radike Samo, Nick Frisby, Stefano Hunt, Rika Batibasaga, Eliah Bailie, Chris Kuridrani, Isaac Weirer, Jason Hofmeyr
Coach: Todd Dammers

Sunnybank: Haydn Hirsimaki, Samuel Mellor, Feao Fotuaika, Andrew Gentles, Brendan Mitchell, Sam Rochester, George Blomfield, Jeffrey Faamausili, Sean O’Connor, Mitchell Third, Matthew Feaunati, Tom Lucas, Rex Tapuai, Junior Laloifi, Jake Mcintyre
Coach: Rod Seib

Norths v Bond University

Norths: Garrath Ryan, Bart Ritchie, John Bishop, Connor Anderson, Andy Weaver, Api Naiyobo, Kristian Satui, Alex Perez, Sean Minehan, Logan Tibbetts, Veresa Mataitini, Sana Maseesee, Doug Raymount, Mitch Fuller, Craig Hunt
Coach: Nick Fogarty

Bond: Sam Clifton, Alex Mafi, Nick Turner, Rubin Fuimaono, Sam Fattal, Cam Bracewell, Callum McDonald, Josh Fuimaono, Luke Evens, Scott Daruda, Gus Qasevakatini, Cass Walding, Brad Jones, Adam Gauder, Sam Cox
Coach: Sean Hedger

T

Tigers Tale

For the Bros fans are Ben & Sam Hyne brothers?

If so then there are two sets of brothers in the team with the Tupou's.

When was the last time two sets of brothers played for Bros - would it be the Shaws & Murphys?

The Nightingales were stalwarts during the premiership run of the 1980s, the Darcy's were also around that time but I don't think Peter(??) D'arcy who was a fullback played much A grade playing behind Mark Potts.

Jeff & Paul McLean would have played together in the early 1970s.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
TT, Easts line up looks particularly strong even without Gunn, Paraka and Turner. The game will be won in the forwards, however, which will create opportunities for Greene or Brandon to capitalise on that pressure with the talent in their respective backlines.

Giles played the majority of 2014 as a winger and topped Brothers scoresheet with the most tries. However, he played Premier Colts in 2012/13 as a centre - so he does have experience.

Sam and Ben aren't brothers, but both are talented footballers. Paddy James (Nudgee XV 2012) will most likely take over the fullback position when Sam leaves.

Brothers are lucky to have depth in the back three spots. Izaia Mosese will come into the team at some point.

Sunnybank and GPS should be a cracking game. Here's hoping Jeeps get up.
Wests will also provide a few headaches for the Students. Bank and Uni will be considerable strong at the end of the season. However, Souths are still within a chance of gaining a finals spot.

T

Tigers Tale

Thanks Filth - Souths will be hoping that GPS and Wests can get up tomorrow, but they will probably need to finish with 2 x 5 pointers.

See you tomorrow at the Den.

T

Tigers Tale

Where is Hyne going?

TD my understanding is that he is UK bound and today is his last game.

I hope for Filth's sake the departure of Knox & Hyne does not spell the end for Bros like in 2013 when one Murphy went OS and the other was injured and Bros stalled and were bundled out in the minor semi.

I don't think it will in 2015 because Bros probably have the most depth in outside backs in the comp e.g. Knox out Beveridge in, but it may have greater impact on their Prem Reserves.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Missed the last 7 minutes and consequently the last brothers 10points. I imagine there were some slightly animated celebrations....

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)
Congratulations to the Brethren,
Easts dominated the scrums, Brothers the lineouts, Greene was a standout for "Man of the Match"
Plenty for the Tigers to think about but also plenty of reinforcements with
Gunn, Wilkins, Turner, Parraka, and I heard today that K.Hunt has joined the Tigers .

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Congratulations to the Brethren,
Easts dominated the scrums, Brothers the lineouts, Greene was a standout for "Man of the Match"

Scrums looked pretty even - i saw 1 penalty to brothers and one big push by easts - which the 9 knocked on, the rest were static (of the snippets i saw)

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Easts
Scrums looked pretty even - i saw 1 penalty to brothers and one big push by easts - which the 9 knocked on, the rest were static (of the snippets i saw)
I think Easts really did have the dominant scrum. There were several where it turned into a maul they pushed that far.

Tupou was belted all around the park, both at scrums and with the ball in hand. There were some massive shots put on him, with Toby White's in particular standing out. He really isn't up to the hype, yes I'm aware he's young, so maybe in time, but he was dominated today.

Sam Greene was the difference, he was outstanding. Nothing more needs to be said, he was simply that good.

Easts kicking from the hand was shithouse, but apart from that they played well.

Either side was a deserving winner, and I really hope they meet in the Grand Final because they are clearly the best two sides in the competition.

A side note, massive result in Reserve Grade, with Easts belting the runaway leaders Brothers with a bonus point, huge result. Easts Colts essentially knocked out Brothers from the finals with a 30pt win. Iziah Perese scored two freakish individual tries and looked unstoppable.

Great afternoon at the footy as it always is against Brothers.

Ruck time

Bob McCowan (2)
Can those that are good with the stats etc explain what this weeks results do to finals chances?
Are Brothers safe now? Does that big loss by the Bank keep Souths alive etc?

Uni just quietly going about the business of winning whilst everyone talks about Easts and Bros. Uni v Bros next week will be big.

For Easts I thought Quirk did a good defensive job on Tupou and Mullins was very good. White is class.
For Bros Greene had a blinder and Fitzgerald and Hyne also stood out

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Can those that are good with the stats etc explain what this weeks results do to finals chances?
Are Brothers safe now? Does that big loss by the Bank keep Souths alive etc?

Uni just quietly going about the business of winning whilst everyone talks about Easts and Bros. Uni v Bros next week will be big.

For Easts I thought Quirk did a good defensive job on Tupou and Mullins was very good. White is class.
For Bros Greene had a blinder and Fitzgerald and Hyne also stood out
White was solid before getting injured & well outplayed Beveridge but Quirk was very average for a seasoned S15 player (past tense).

Status
Not open for further replies.