• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
What was the backline for Jeeps last week? I hear there have been a few retirements of some of the senior player group? Can you confirm BigDog?

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
Norths vs Souths in a full club Battle of the Birds at the North side Nest.

Looks like it might be a wet weekend for footy!!

Better get the 21mm out ;) They don't get used often over here!!

(21mm sprigs for all the under 25year olds reading this)
The ONLY choice of boot we used to have.

T

Tigers Tale

Easts v Wests trials @ Bottomley this Saturday - will be interesting to see how advanced in preparations both sides are.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
What was the backline for Jeeps last week? I hear there have been a few retirements of some of the senior player group? Can you confirm BigDog?

Sorry legaleagle but I'm not in the loop as much as I'd like to be at the moment. Can't say exactly who is running around although I have heard a few of the older heads, mostly from Prem Reserves, have hung up the boots. I daresay it will only be a matter of weeks until they get the itch and start running around in 3rd grade, until their inevitable callup to Prems!

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Will you be doing another season preview this year Reg? Last years was excellent and I think your predictions ended up being pretty spot on.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Will you be doing another season preview this year Reg? Last years was excellent and I think your predictions ended up being pretty spot on.

Will see, totally dependant on whether there is a season launch. I suspect there will be and just hope I am free to go.

The Sunnybank lads won't say I was spot on. I think I tipped them to miss the finals/

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I would say that trial games for this weekend will probably be called off by Friday if these weather reports are anything to go by. Hopefully this doesn’t leave teams to undercooked for the season ahead.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
If the weather holds up i'd be very surprised if majority of clubs are able to train on Thursday night which would further disrupt preparations, especially considering during trials most selections are still up in the air.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I would say that trial games for this weekend will probably be called off by Friday if these weather reports are anything to go by. Hopefully this doesn’t leave teams to undercooked for the season ahead.

I don't know about that for Easts vs Wests.

I've remembered many trials out at Bottomley Park where players were knee deep in mud. They seem to have enough playing surfaces to rotate/manage games proceeding rain, hail or shine.

T

Tigers Tale

SX - we could play at Sylvan Road - at least then I wouldn't be complaining about how hard the ground was!!!!

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Apparently all games GPS v Brothers at Albany Creek have been called off.

Whether they will try and find a venue for the Premier trial I'm not sure.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member

Bond Uni trial games are supposedly going ahead, but have been moved to Casuarina (sandy soil, drainage, etc)
Also the JGC games on Sunday to Casuarina (Friday postponed)

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
Norths vs Souths trials for tomorrow are cancelled.

May be an option to reschedule the Prem's early in the week.

Stay safe everyone!

T

Tigers Tale

In all seriousness - it is a pretty awful situation that Karmichael has got the Reds into.

Just what Richard Graham needs - not.

T

Tigers Tale

Breakdown the Tigers will be lining things up at the Den this year but they'll be wins rather than any white substance.

I don't think a decision has been made re trials at Bottomley tomorrow but you would have to think that they are becoming increasingly unlikely to proceed and as SX said the other day we have played in some pretty wet conditions at Bottomley over the years so who knows.

I think there was a day about 6/7 years ago when they cancelled the games at Sylvan Road and moved them to Bottomley.

I don't think it will be great for the field long term to play tomorrow, particularly given the Tigers play 6 of 8 first round games at home.

Matty Thushker

Stan Wickham (3)
It's a shame about all these games being cancelled. Hopefully everyone isn't too underdone come competition games time.

I think this definitely advantages the teams with more settled squads, as the clubs who have recruited a number of new players would want these trial games to let the combinations gel.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
No surprise but the games at uni have been cancelled.
Although this could be a thing of the past in a year or so with talk of an AstroTurf field coming to the St Lucia campus.
Obviously it will be a university field so shared with all sports but I don't think too many games of ultimate disk are played on Saturday afternoons so we should be sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.