• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Ian, I wasn't disputing Criff's red card. However, I thought the Souths (on field) player should have been issued the same.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Cammo,

are you leaving it all up to the QRU? Will the club do its own investigation at all including the off-field behaviour which is, as you acknowledge, can not be condoned?

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)
Camo et al,
I've long been critical of some of the crap on this and other Social Media. I've told anyone that will listen that SOUTHS are the real deal and Bond when they are at full strength are also. Both teams justified those statements on Saturday.

I also agree Easts have dodged a bullet by avoiding SOUTHS this weekend, however it would seem Brothers and SOUTHS might battle to the death again this week and ruin each other's title aspirations.

The winner of the Hospital Cup this season will be playing this Sunday.

Easts have been remarkable over achievers this year using about 35 players and the Coaches have done a great job thus far.

Most experts on this Forum couldn't see the Tigers making the four at the beginning of the season.

In their favour also is that they have had reality checks vs Sunnybank, a Brothers, and UQ in the first round.

The Tigers aren't perfect , but they will need to be beaten. It will take discipline which it seems may be beyond Souths and Brothers current squads.

I also think that without McDuling UQs pack will be on rollers skates this Sunday.

Let the judiciary do their thing and let's watch four great clubs earn the right to lift the Cup.

Dyson

Peter Burge (5)
Ian it was a souths player who started the rubbish on the weekend, the souths player who hit green late took him above horizontal smashed him into ground then kept holding him down. The real punches that were thrown by the brothers 8 were thrown at the souths 2 who had run of the bench and hit brothers 8 from behind what was he supposed to do. The ref should have called the souths 2 back onto the field and red carded him aswell.

T

TOCC

Ian it was a souths player who started the rubbish on the weekend, the souths player who hit green late took him above horizontal smashed him into ground then kept holding him down.

As they say a picture paints a thousand words, and the only thing i agree with is that Green may have marginally gone beyond horizontal..
Souths player then went to get back up, was flipped onto his back and pinned under two brothers players.

Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 7.52.45 pm.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 7.53.03 pm.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 7.53.13 pm.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 7.53.23 pm.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 7.53.50 pm.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 7.54.08 pm.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 7.54.17 pm.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 8.03.33 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 8.03.33 pm.png
    123.3 KB · Views: 245
T

Tigers Tale

Camo is rightly one of the most respected men in Bne rugby - I think he is just seeking some balance in the debate. He has also outed another character in embarrassing circumstances last year a chap who used this forum to slag off at Souths for his own misguided personal gain - well done with that one Camo and again in this instance.

There were clearly some ugly events towards the end of the game at Chipsy Wood on Saturday but this is not the forum for one up manship it is the judiciary who is the appropriate forum in which this will be resolved.

Clearly if you get a red card you have the next weekend off before the hearing on the following Monday - so the chap who got a red card is out for the minor semi at least but what is the process for others to be brought before the judiciary?

What I really want to know is do those who might/should be cited sit out this weekend in the first instance before the hearing.

Gee it is a promoters dream that minor semi, if you are a Uni or Easts fan I'd get there early for the minor semi.

T

Tigers Tale

Well done to Coach Picone on getting Souths into the semis.

All coaches in the top 4 have done a great job to get their side to finals footy because each of them has had sides which were underrated and/or suffered form slumps throughout the course of the season but rallied.

It is certainly possible that the winner of the Hospital Cup in 2015 may well play in the minor semi this Sunday but I hope not.

T

Tigers Tale

Fritz I think your comment about the Uni scrum - no McDurling no chance is fraught with danger. Any side that under rates Uni does so at their own peril.

The Easts pack will be looking to replicate their efforts v Brothers in round 16 and hope that they get due reward from the referee.

It's been the Tigers pack that have lead the way for Easts this year but now they need to take it to another level.

Hopefully Pettowa will be back this Sunday and I wouldn't be surprised if they use him as a fresh reserve.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Clearly if you get a red card you have the next weekend off before the hearing on the following Monday - so the chap who got a red card is out for the minor semi at least but what is the process for others to be brought before the judiciary?

What I really want to know is do those who might/should be cited sit out this weekend in the first instance before the hearing.

First bit is incorrect TT. When you get a red on the weekend you have until lunch time Monday to either except a 1 week ban or come in and fight the charge at 6pm that monday night.

If you take the one week ban the QRU can still choose to pull you in the following monday if they want to extend the suspension.

As for the second I am not as sure due to not too many uni blokes being cited in the post match over the years (pretty rare for any club to my understanding). I think (please dont hold me to this) the opposing club and the qru have until Thursday to cite a player. If the complaint is put in early I think its done that week when they can or pushed back till the following monday if time doesn't allow it. If the hearing is pushed back to monday then the player is allowed to play that weekend.

T

Tigers Tale

As for Prems, reserves & colts at Easts all making the finals - I'd say it might be a first.

Easts did have all grades make the GF in 1999 but not 100% on whether that included prem colts!!

In 2008 Easts Prems and Prem Colts played in the GF - Easts lost the colts to Snbk captained by Jake Scatz & Easts Jack Mullins - but for a late Toby White try that was disallowed the colts result may have been different that day. The referee was later to advise Toby White that he got it wrong!!!

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Have also been told that due to a double booking on Saturday, all finals across all the grades this weekend will be played at Ballymore on just the Sunday using the 3 fields.
Warm up space could be tight

T

Tigers Tale

I'd say that any hearings resulting from Saturday would be heard this week.

One thing I do know is that whatever the resulting penalty from the hearing it will not be published by the QRU who believe in confidentiality rather than the deterrent aspects of sentencing.

T

Tigers Tale

Have also been told that due to a double booking on Saturday, all finals across all the grades this weekend will be played at Ballymore on just the Sunday using the 3 fields.
Warm up space could be tight

I have heard that too Red Heavy - how the QRU can double book Ballymore on a finals weekend is just extraordinary - sounds like it's not just the Reds who have dropped the ball for the QRU in 2015!!!

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Just hearing all finals have been moved to Sunday. For all those rugby players looking forward to a run on Ballymore number 1 the QRU will now kindly offer you the car park. The postage stamp that is "Number 3". Please please tell me the double booking was not so a soccer team can have a run on the Saturday.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
My mail is that the QRU hired out Ballymore to Liverpool FC on Saturday and thus finals can't be played that day. Not sure if that is accurate as they play the Roar on Friday night, but maybe they want the fields to warm down or something on the Saturday.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
My mail is that the QRU hired out Ballymore to Liverpool FC on Saturday and thus finals can't be played that day. Not sure if that is accurate as they play the Roar on Friday night, but maybe they want the fields to warm down or something on the Saturday.

then go off to play Adelaide. They have a fairly intense training program so it wouldn't surprise me if they spent all Saturday training.

Status
Not open for further replies.