1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2020

Discussion in 'Club Rugby' started by RugbyReg, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Oldschool Tom Lawton (22)

Go to Brothers field 2 on a Sunday morning and there'd be more than a 100 people sitting on the field enjoying a coffee from Fonzi Abbots.

Utter BS that come 1st August the govt still will have this crowd limit unless they want a real toweling in September.
    Hound likes this.
  2. PhilClinton Billy Sheehan (19)

I mean if the clubs aren't going to receive any benefit from having spectators at the grounds, it makes sense for those first few rounds to all be played out of Ballymore. or was that just for the Hospital Cup?
  3. dru Andrew Slack (58)

Is that the way the numbers work? I had presumed when the say 10 people in a restaurant it meant 10 paying customers. Not 2 chefs, 1 helper, 2 serving staff and 5 customers.
  4. RugbyReg George Smith (75)

I'm not talking about restaurants.
  5. RugbyReg George Smith (75)

it would seem at least one match a round will be broadcast on Fox this year.
    SouthernX, The Nomad and Bulldog like this.
  6. SouthernX Colin Windon (37)

So no different then how it’s previously done?

Wednesday night replay of the QRU commentated game of the week.

I’m actually looking forward to the day where our QPR is broadcasted live on foxsports/free to air tv.
  7. Oldschool Tom Lawton (22)

Well after this weekend the number of spectators are now mute.

With the early rounds at Ballymore, I suggest a couple of thousand of us turn up to protest that the beer service is way to slow and that our rights to a quicker service matter.
  8. Jimmy_Crouch Trevor Allan (34)

Hopefully live if we cant attend.
  9. The Nomad Alex Ross (28)

Club training back this week.

Hopefully no "spike" in COVID numbers in the next few weeks and comp goes ahead as planned.
    Jimmy_Crouch likes this.
  10. Beer Baron Vay Wilson (31)

I just did a google on drugs in sport for non rugby reasons, and came across the ASADA Violation list.
    Wow.. one of our representative didn't leave any stones unturned..
    Jimmy_Crouch likes this.
  11. SouthernX Colin Windon (37)

Just googled what you posted and couldn’t locate the no stones unturned name

Name rhymes with??
  12. PhilClinton Billy Sheehan (19)

The two main ones I could see relating to QPR are Tai Ford and Reuben Leilua - both given 4 year bans.

Its all publicly available at the link below, don't think we need to be discrete about the names do we.

Its actually an interesting read to have a look at, majority of the athletes are cycling or power lifting/body building related, I guess as to be expected.

https://www.asada.gov.au/sanctions
  13. Paty305 Bill Watson (15)

Alex Hatzis from Souths is the other one. But that was Cocaine only I think, which would get a good chunk of players if they were tested a lot more than they are bow, and tested out of competition regularly as well. Lucky they aren't tested more regularly because we would lose a lot more players to recreational drugs than to most other PEDs.
    Hound likes this.
  14. Jimmy_Crouch Trevor Allan (34)

As would most sports
  15. HJ Nelson Cyril Towers (30)

I was surprised regards the RL player who got a lifetime ban for Cannabis use.
    Then saw it was 3rd strike and you're out.
  16. thierry dusautoir Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Bit silly banning a reserve grader for a few a nose beers.when james slipper was on a two strikes and could still play.
  17. RugbyReg George Smith (75)

don't believe the Slipper tests were ASADA ones, just in-house ones?
    Getwithme and Jimmy_Crouch like this.
  18. Beer Baron Vay Wilson (31)

I would have thought people taking 6 no doz tablets before a game is a bigger sin than Cannabis. I would gladly play a team all high - at the very least there would be no stinks, and some amusing banter..
  19. The Nomad Alex Ross (28)

On a positive note , had two lads back home from rugby training tonight , one from club and one from school .

All feels somewhat normal again and that feels good indeed .
    dru, Silverado, PhilClinton and 3 others like this.
  20. Jimmy_Crouch Trevor Allan (34)

QPR instagram showed Scott Gale at UQ training last night. Awesome news. Great player to watch.