• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2020

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Seems crazy that we could have the top two teams (Uni & Easts) go through H&A with only one loss - both have two games remaining and their bye. Wests, Bond and Brothers stand in front of that eventuating.

Then will the Welsby Cup be up for grabs in the Major Semi?

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Does anyone know where to find a Doughty Shield table ? I think from my maths Easts ahead with Brothers and Uni just behind.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I have round 9 tipping HERE

Will post the table next week, I'm away on holidays and have terrible internet connection.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I hadn’t noticed Jon Reuben’s name on the Norths team sheet previously.. how many games has he played? He has been tearing up QLD cup for a few years. Very unlucky not to have played NRL.

How is he going on the wing in union?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Just back from Easts/Wests game, as a neutral , another good game. Seen more flowing games, but was still good, Easts won by 7, deserved win, but nothing in it, and think if Wests had used backs more they may of turned tables. Geez I enjoy club rugby!
Love your form!

Great to get out and enjoy club rugby, the more the better!

triplet

Allen Oxlade (6)
Watched South v GPS and after 20 minutes wanted to scratch my eyeballs rather than watch anymore but I persevered. I hope the standard I watched was influenced by the windy conditions. A couple of things - GPS won't and can't win the comp, the GPS backs can't pass and the Souths No. 2 is either very immature, a D**k Head or a combination of both.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
610E9F62-D42F-45B2-A194-ABD20914C07A.jpeg

With only one game left in the regular season GPS must win this weekend against Bond to stay ahead of Brothers who you would imagine will get up over Sunnybank.

Forth spot could all come down to Easts v Brothers in the last round .

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
After round 9 and Rounds 10- 11
Easts 29 Bye, Bros(A)
Uni 27 Wests(H); Bond(A)
Bond 26 GPS(H); UNI(H)
GPS 24 Bond(A); Bye
Bros 22 Snbk (A); Easts(H)
Wests 13 Uni(A); Sth(H)
Snbk 8 Bros(H); Nth(A)
Norths 8 Sth(A); Snbk(H)
Souths 2 Nth(H); Wests(A)

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Was Lachie Connors badly injured late in the Bond game on the weekend?

Very cruel if true - no one deserves that particularly this kid who has already experienced significant injuries that have hampered his young but very promising career.

I wish him a full and speedy recovery but from what I've heard I think it is going to call for a significant recovery as it is a very serious injury.

Thoughts & prayers with you young man.

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Was Lachie Connors badly injured late in the Bond game on the weekend?

Very cruel if true - no one deserves that particularly this kid who has already experienced significant injuries that have hampered his young but very promising career.

I wish him a full and speedy recovery but from what I've heard I think it is going to call for a significant recovery as it is a very serious injury.

Thoughts & prayers with you young man.

Unfortunately your mail is accurate Bulldog! Compound fracture I'm hearing.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
That is just awful.

I looked at the live stream it's the last play of the game looked really innocuous but clearly not.

Got to give a wrap to Tom Lucas there was a minute to play and he just went up to Damon Murphy and told him to blow fulltime.

Well done Tom Lucas showed a great deal of integrity and empathy.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Which would clash with our QPR calendar considering our qpr playoffs always revert to Sunday’s when finals footy time comes around.

Yes and I think I read somewhere they will be kicking off at 4pm NZ time to ensure maximum viewership in Aus? So that will mean 1pm Brisbane Sunday arvos. Great time for a game on Sunday footy...but not if it clashes with the club stuff.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Does anyone know what the Force players are doing? There are a few with pretty strong ties to QLD clubs - Frisby, Lance, Tessman, Ready to name a few. Were they given an option to return to QLD and play for clubs? I know they likely wouldn't be finals qualified as they weren't employed by the QRU but even with a quarantine period they would have bene able to play 3-4 games.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
That really sucks re Lachy Connors. Was killing it and was well on the way to getting involved in a Reds squad. Hopefully he comes back as good as ever because he is a great player with a big future.

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just back from Easts/Wests game, as a neutral , another good game. Seen more flowing games, but was still good, Easts won by 7, deserved win, but nothing in it, and think if Wests had used backs more they may of turned tables. Geez I enjoy club rugby!

I have watched a few of the games at wests and then online on this year. I cannot understand why the Wests team don't use their electric backline, they seem to just play unwise rugby. Anyway good for my UQ team this Sunday.