• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think the QRU should implement the shute shield version of the rules. Clubs like brothers and wests should not be hindered for developing 90% of the rep players they produce.

where were these rules with souths in the 80s/90s when they had so much depth they had reds players playing reserve grade
There are discounts for players coming through a Club's Junior and Colts programmes and there are discounts for long-service at one Club.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I would assume the idea is those players go to other QPR clubs, to create a more even distribution of top talent.

wouldn't it be like the Japan league and their limitations on foreign players? One week Kerevi is rested, the next its McMahon. Just every week each team could only have 100 points playing.

Mug Punter

Ward Prentice (10)
Sounds like the type of thing that should be organised at the start of the season with players distributed to different clubs rather than halfway through the year

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)
Haven’t seen Wests name their team yet but I expect Easts will bounce back tomorrow to retain top spot on the ladder.

GPS by 8 over Sunnybank
Bond look depleted but should beat UQ
Souths will be too well coached for Brothers

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
Haven’t seen Wests name their team yet but I expect Easts will bounce back tomorrow to retain top spot on the ladder.

GPS by 8 over Sunnybank
Bond look depleted but should beat UQ
Souths will be too well coached for Brothers
Some really good match ups this week.

Wests vs Easts
Souths vs Brothers

Games of the rounds. Could go either way

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
My 5cents:

UQ - with Campbell out and Stowers in at 10 expect the backline to be clunky, after the win last week the Students spirits will be up.

Brothers - this will be a game of experience v youth in the halves, which is the reason I think Brothers take this game.

East - without seeing the West lineup I still think East have more battle tested players and have played more rugby together as a team. West seem to struggle with cohesion which is not surprising considering the high number of player movements.

Sunnybank - a lot to like about how SB have played the last few weeks, GPS like playing direct footy which makes this is a winnable game for the Bankers if they can control their discipline.

Last edited:

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
My 5cents:

UQ - with Campbell out and Stowers in at 10 expect the backline to be clunky, after the win last week the Students spirits will be up.

Brothers - this will be a game of experience v youth in the halves, which is the reason I think Brothers take this game.

East - without seeing the West lineup I still think East have more battle tested players and have played more rugby together as a team. West seem to struggle with cohesion which is not surprising considering the high number of player movements.

Sunnybank - a lot to like about how SB have played the last few weeks, GPS like playing direct footy which makes this is a winnable game for the Bankers if they can control their discipline.
Wests lineup looks really strong to me. Probs the strongest I've seen this year.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I would love to see some of the Reds running around tomorrow. Great win by them this evening.

I know I am old fashioned but in the good old days the Wallabies would play a test against the ABs on Saturday in NZ and run out for Brothers/Uni on the Sunday afternoon!!

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
I would love to see some of the Reds running around tomorrow. Great win by them this evening.

I know I am old fashioned but in the good old days the Wallabies would play a test against the ABs on Saturday in NZ and run out for Brothers/Uni on the Sunday afternoon!!
There might be a chance Werchon or Paddy James has a run, but I don't think they'd risk anyone else backing up at this stage.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I saw Seru and Liam Wright at Sylvan Road yesterday but I didn’t see “the haircut”.

I bet that there would have been a large number of Reds at Bros v Souths.

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
Great game at Sylvan Road today - pity about the result. It was a 6 tries each 34-38 , two competition points loss for the Bulldogs. Easts just wouldn’t go away and probably deserved the win given the Bulldogs had two long range tries.
Depends which side of the fence you sit. ;)

Seeing the teams on paper and the number of wests players contracted to rebels vs easts pro contracted players (zero) you would have thought Wests would win easily and at home. Great result :)

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Great game at Sylvan Road today - pity about the result. It was a 6 tries each 34-38 , two competition points loss for the Bulldogs. Easts just wouldn’t go away and probably deserved the win given the Bulldogs had two long range tries.
To be fair I did pay tribute to the Tigers - “Easts just wouldn’t go away and probably deserved the win”.