• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
Maybe Wests get up this weekend against Brothers who have had to win a lot of games in a row to make it to here. But it's a brave bet.

The last time Brothers lost they scored 31 points against GPS 58 in round 16 but since then have beaten Souths and put on 48, Wests (44), Easts (35), Easts in minor semi final (46) and Bond in preliminary final (42). That's all out attack.

Unless Wests turn up with a defensive mindset and are prepared to put their fresher bodies on the line, they are toast.
If they think they can outscore Brothers in a shooting match, they might also be toast.

Grand finals are about who wants it more. With Wests having a recent success, momentum and history is on Brothers' side.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Maybe Wests get up this weekend against Brothers who have had to win a lot of games in a row to make it to here. But it's a brave bet.

The last time Brothers lost they scored 31 points against GPS 58 in round 16 but since then have beaten Souths and put on 48, Wests (44), Easts (35), Easts in minor semi final (46) and Bond in preliminary final (42). That's all out attack.

Unless Wests turn up with a defensive mindset and are prepared to put their fresher bodies on the line, they are toast.
If they think they can outscore Brothers in a shooting match, they might also be toast.

Grand finals are about who wants it more. With Wests having a recent success, momentum and history is on Brothers' side.
Yeah agree, Brothers are coming in hot.

Think Uru is a big out for Wests, he was the difference in last years’ GF, without him not sure Wests get the chocolates.

The midfield control of Creighton and Stewart will be the defining factor for mine.

TBH, pretty hard for a UQ supporter to pick a favourite in this battle, but think the Filth might just get it done. I will now go and self flagellate……..

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
The same comparison can be said about Bond - but you say Bond had a great season and Brothers 2nd Grade had a dramatic fall from grace lol.
Played 16
Won 14
F&A 145
Comp Point 69
Won minor premiership by 9 points
Lose Major to West and Prelim to Brothers

Choke? Maybe!! - very confusing, turn around mate you are running backwards lol
Put that way and they were both deserved minor premiers who went out in straight sets so maybe both chokers!!
Or maybe they just came up against finals opponents who were hungrier and more accomplished.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
]
TBH, pretty hard for a UQ supporter to pick a favourite in this battle, but think the Filth might just get it done. I will now go and self flagellate……..

If you know what’s best for you the nomad…. You want the evil empire to have the villain status…

Bulldogs championships come around once every blue moon but brothers are in the GF every couple of years.

Does UQ lead brothers in the H2H hospital cup winners standing?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
]

If you know what’s best for you the nomad…. You want the evil empire to have the villain status…

Bulldogs championships come around once every blue moon but brothers are in the GF every couple of years.

That only works for them if the game is delayed a few days, as it stands a championship this weekend would be twice in a blue moon:
1692742650646.png

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
Put that way and they were both deserved minor premiers who went out in straight sets so maybe both chokers!!
Or maybe they just came up against finals opponents who were hungrier and more accomplished.
Happy to go with they both choked.

Everyone just hates brothers more so hence why we target them and not bond :p

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
]

Ha, didn't say I want the Filth to win , just think they might get up is all, hence my comment that followed.

Yes UQ has a healthy lead in premiership titles over Brothers.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Ha, didn't say I want the Filth to win , just think they might get up is all, hence my comment that followed.

Yes UQ has a healthy lead in premiership titles over Brothers.
How does that work over the history of the Hospital Cup haven’t Brothers won it more than any other club?

Rugbynovice

Stan Wickham (3)
Few subtle jabs there in the video posted on QLD Premier Rugby with Brothers coach and captain. I think they mentioned 5 times that the club had 7 teams in GF.

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
As we come down to the last game of the year...what were everyones thoughts on the other teams and their seasons?

Who impressed, who surprised, who failed to deliver, whos setting up for a big year next year?

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Bond - missed opportunity in big games
Easts - young talent needs another year
Souths - look out 2024 if they keep that team
GPS - need to strengthen key positions
UQ - didn’t turn up most weeks
Sunnybank - not up to this standard
Norths - same story. Lack depth