• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Reds v Fiji Drua Sun 19-3-23

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Shame for Jordy, not the worst disruption otherwise with Jock at fullback and Vuli to the wing.

interested to see Grealy given some time, he has been buying his time in Prems and Reds academy matches. He now needs to grab the opportunity if it presents.
Yeah, maybe a bit surprised the didn't go with Creighton to give better cover for Annan, but good to see Grealy getting time, he has heaps of potential.

It's going to be great for the future of the Reds having Kalani, Lynagh and Grealy all linking up at UQ in QPR this year. Assuming we hang onto Grealy that is, seems to be a lot of fullbacks floating around the squad these days.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Haven't sen the Drua listed yet, strong Queensland link in the team with Ilaisa Droasese, Teti Tela and Emosi Tuqiri all in the 23.
Apisalome Vota as 12 will cause headaches for Taj Annan.
Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 3.04.14 pm.png

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Haven't sen the Drua listed yet, strong Queensland link in the team with Ilaisa Droasese, Teti Tela and Emosi Tuqiri all in the 23.
Apisalome Vota as 12 will cause headaches for Taj Annan.
Good to see some of these guys getting good game time and taking their chances, same for TTT at the Rebels, pretty sure he’s started every game for them as opposed to an occasional bench spot for the Reds.

Agree with you on what a handful Vota will be at 12. Guess we will find out if Annan can mix it with the big boys. My concern is what it does to his confidence if he gets folded and struggles with the physical nature of playing the Dura. Hopefully he plays the house down and my concern is unfounded.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Some questionable decisions by JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) in first 12 mins.
Really like that JOC (James O'Connor) has added the 'chip to the wing' into his arsenal and calls on it frequently - takes advantage of Vunialu's (and Petaia's when playing) aerial ability

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Should've been a penalty to the Drua there. Entire Reds line advancing and McDermott didn't play a single one on.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
@Derpus aren’t you going to mention that Flook is in your Fantasy team? I’m playing you, it’s not my week In fantasyland, the Brumbies didn’t bother to announce that Ikitau wasn’t playing and my Fijian flanker just got carded.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
@Derpus aren’t you going to mention that Flook is in your Fantasy team? I’m playing you, it’s not my week In fantasyland, the Brumbies didn’t bother to announce that Ikitau wasn’t playing and my Fijian flanker just got carded.
I was gunna eventually.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Love to see that Vuni is getting involved and looking for work this week. Looking more comfortable every match he plays