• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld roar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
How is there not a thread on the greatest season by a sporting team of all time?

Anyway as I was saying...BRISBANE ON TOP OF THE WORLD!

What a game. I am speechless.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I saw the end and all the goals...only time ever I watched Oz soccer and that I had a smidgen of enjoyment in doing so....

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
I thought I'd be funny and show up to the game in full wallabies gear. Even better considering the opposition was yellow :). Was a rubbish game for 90 minutes then one of the few good games of soccer i've ever seen - John Eales must've been coaching them, 'cause only he can win with 10 seconds to go :p

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Gah, I watched it until 5 or so minutes into the 2nd half of injury time and then turned it off with the Roar down 2 - 0. Wanted to keep watching but the GF was bugging for something non-sport on TV. I figured that the Roar had lost and might as well change it. Huge mistake! :(

Actually, although normal time ended as nil all, the game itself wasn't too bad. Roar completely dominated the second half but just couldn't find the final pass to find a goal.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Yeh agreed, I think the actual 90minute game was very good, fast paced and lots of desperation. How much better is a Grand Final that finishes on the day, rather than the "come back next week" bullshit the AFL serves up, where really only one team does come back the following week.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Very enjoyable. Roar have had a fantastic year and deserved it. Good series to, the coast and roar played three times during the finals, first time the roar won, second time the roar got am draw at the death and the third time the grand final. Coast kept getting better, roar kept finding more.

Fantastic fans and atmosphere out there to. The club should be commended. Let it be known to that a year or so ago, there coach came in wanted tonfreshen them squad and senior players plotted his downfall. The club stoodnby e coaches plan, even former soccer captain Craig Moore was let go. Then this happened. Sporting teams can learn a lot from this, a good coach implementing his own plan will often yield results.

Status
Not open for further replies.