• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Teams 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So I can only assume the tournament is happening this year, but with Super Rugby over then all eyes must now surely be on the NRC.

Here's my crack at teams and squads with no idea as to which players will make the Wallabies (have assumed Tupou, Kerevi, Rodda and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)) or unavailable (assume Naivalu, Timu, Higgers, Paia'aua etc). Obviously no idea which club players will be eligible or not. Also not sure how certain injuries are responding (Hardy, Eaddie etc). There's a little bit of squad shuffling to get the players in appropriate positions.

Anyway, here we go.

Brisbane City:

15 Liam McNamara, 14 Jack Hardy, 13 Jordan Petaia, 12 Isaac Lucas, 11 Will Eadie, 10 Bryce Hegarty, 9 Moses Sorovi, 8 Harry Wilson, 7 Fraser McReight, 6 Adam Korzcyk, 5 Michael Wood, 4 Jeremiah Lynch, 3 Ruan Smith, 2 Brandon Paenga-Amosa, 1 JP Smith

16 Efi Ma'afu, 17 Misioka Timotea, 18 Jake Simeon, 19 Rob Puli'uvea, 20 Matt Gicquel, 21 James Tuttle. 22 Isaac Henry, 23 Lawson Creighton

Rest of squad: Maile Ngauamo, Tom Moloney, Dan Gorman, Pat Morrey, Sam Wallis, Liam Dillon, James Dalgleish, Cooper Whitside, Byron Ralston.

QLD Country:

15 Hamish Stewart, 14 Jock Campbell, 13 Chris Feauai-Sautia, 12 Teti Tela, 11 Filipo Dagaunu, 10 Matt McGahan, 9 Tate McDermott, 8 Angus Scott-Young, 7 Liam Wright, 6 Tom Kibble, 5 Angus Blythe, 4 Harry Hockings, 3 Feao Fotuaika, 2 Alex Mafi, 1 Harry Hoopert.

16. Sean Farrell, 17 Gav Luka, 18 Fred Burke, 19 Will Deardon, 20 Michael Richards, 21 Scott Malolua, 22 Carter Gordon, 23 Kyle Oates

Rest of squad: Matt Faessler, Gareth Ryan, Ben Paxton-Hall, Zack Moimoi, Harry Nucifora, Jacke Strachan, Jason Hofmeyr, Hunter Paisami, Patrick James.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Based on your squads, Reg, the Country side looks to be the stronger. Both will no doubt give a good account of themselves.

Ngauamo is currently linked to the Brumbies, is he not? Any chance he will suit up for the Vikings?

Really looking forward to seeing McReight play at this level. He looks like the next David Pocock over the ball.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So I can only assume the tournament is happening this year, but with Super Rugby over then all eyes must now surely be on the NRC.

Here's my crack at teams and squads with no idea as to which players will make the Wallabies (have assumed Tupou, Kerevi, Rodda and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)) or unavailable (assume Naivalu, Timu, Higgers, Paia'aua etc). Obviously no idea which club players will be eligible or not. Also not sure how certain injuries are responding (Hardy, Eaddie etc). There's a little bit of squad shuffling to get the players in appropriate positions.

Anyway, here we go.

Brisbane City:

15 Liam McNamara, 14 Jack Hardy, 13 Jordan Petaia, 12 Isaac Lucas, 11 Will Eadie, 10 Bryce Hegarty, 9 Moses Sorovi, 8 Harry Wilson, 7 Fraser McReight, 6 Adam Korzcyk, 5 Michael Wood, 4 Jeremiah Lynch, 3 Ruan Smith, 2 Brandon Paenga-Amosa, 1 JP Smith

16 Efi Ma'afu, 17 Misioka Timotea, 18 Jake Simeon, 19 Rob Puli'uvea, 20 Matt Gicquel, 21 James Tuttle. 22 Isaac Henry, 23 Lawson Creighton

Rest of squad: Maile Ngauamo, Tom Moloney, Dan Gorman, Pat Morrey, Sam Wallis, Liam Dillon, James Dalgleish, Cooper Whitside, Byron Ralston.

QLD Country:

15 Hamish Stewart, 14 Jock Campbell, 13 Chris Feauai-Sautia, 12 Teti Tela, 11 Filipo Dagaunu, 10 Matt McGahan, 9 Tate McDermott, 8 Angus Scott-Young, 7 Liam Wright, 6 Tom Kibble, 5 Angus Blythe, 4 Harry Hockings, 3 Feao Fotuaika, 2 Alex Mafi, 1 Harry Hoopert.

16. Sean Farrell, 17 Gav Luka, 18 Fred Burke, 19 Will Deardon, 20 Michael Richards, 21 Scott Malolua, 22 Carter Gordon, 23 Kyle Oates

Rest of squad: Matt Faessler, Gareth Ryan, Ben Paxton-Hall, Zack Moimoi, Harry Nucifora, Jacke Strachan, Jason Hofmeyr, Hunter Paisami, Patrick James.

Both look very handy teams.

spud

Peter Burge (5)

Anyway, here we go.

Brisbane City:

QLD Country:

Two cracking teams! However I would much rather see Lucas at fullback. Perhaps Billy Meakes to 12 if he comes up to Brisbane and shift Lucas to fullback where in my opinion is where he belongs.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Based on your squads, Reg, the Country side looks to be the stronger. Both will no doubt give a good account of themselves.

Ngauamo is currently linked to the Brumbies, is he not? Any chance he will suit up for the Vikings?

Really looking forward to seeing McReight play at this level. He looks like the next David Pocock over the ball.

he signed a short term contract as injury cover. Not sure what his plans are beyond that

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Two cracking teams! However I would much rather see Lucas at fullback. Perhaps Billy Meakes to 12 if he comes up to Brisbane and shift Lucas to fullback where in my opinion is where he belongs.

yeah valid about Lucas. I guess in the end they've got to decide where he is best used and run him there. I guess we could just swap Hegarty to 12 and Lucas to 10, not that he will play there for the Reds. As you say, we may have another 12 option up our sleeve.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Reg , Will Eadie has had a knee recon after rupturing his ACL in the first round game against Wests, he won't be back by the time NRC kicks off.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reg , Will Eadie has had a knee recon after rupturing his ACL in the first round game against Wests, he won't be back by the time NRC kicks off.

yeah, thanks. I thought it might have been bad.

A positive potential reshuffle though:

Brisbane City:

15 Isaac Lucas, 14 Jack Hardy, 13 Jordan Petaia, 12 Isaac Henry, 11 Liam McNamara, 10 Bryce Hegarty, 9 Moses Sorovi, 8 Harry Wilson, 7 Fraser McReight, 6 Adam Korzcyk, 5 Michael Wood, 4 Jeremiah Lynch, 3 Ruan Smith, 2 Brandon Paenga-Amosa, 1 JP Smith

16 Efi Ma'afu, 17 Misioka Timotea, 18 Jake Simeon, 19 Rob Puli'uvea, 20 Matt Gicquel, 21 James Tuttle. 22 James Dalgleish, 23 Lawson Creighton

Rest of squad: Maile Ngauamo, Tom Moloney, Dan Gorman, Pat Morrey, Sam Wallis, Liam Dillon, , Cooper Whitside, Byron Ralston.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Reg... there’s a few names missing from these lists that are Australian U20s.

Cotton & Nasr spring to mind.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
you are right. Nasser was an oversight. Cotton quality too. Not sure of all the ages and think they may hold some back to play U19s (like they did with Isaac last year). In fact Carter Gordon you would think would be more likely to play that.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Carter Gordon is being groomed for super rugby by playing premier rugby over premier colts.

Happy to be proved wrong but I don’t believe any of the reds extended training squad featured in the URC last year.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Carter Gordon is being groomed for super rugby by playing premier rugby over premier colts.

Happy to be proved wrong but I don’t believe any of the reds extended training squad featured in the URC last year.

Was the extended playing squad these guys?

Tom Kibble - 2019
Josh Nasser - 2019
Sean Farrell - 2019
Carter Gordon - 2019
Isaac Lucas - 2019
Michael Wood - 2019

If so then Isaac Lucas played the URC.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Didn’t Isaac play NRC? Maybe I got my Lucas incorrect but the one who toured with Aus U20s this year was in high school last year???

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
With high hopes on Meakes joining the Reds, I would like to see the City combo of Lucas (10) Meakes (12), against Country combo of Gordon (10) Stewart (12). Hegarty is versatile at 15 for either Country / City. With McGahan’s contract not being renewed for 2020, it seems that Gordon is looking favourable for a bench position next year.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
What's the go with who they represent? Any pattern to whether it's City or Country ? Or just spread the talent ?

Last year Harry Wilson benched for Qld Country , McReight with City , both from Brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.